Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

I just hope its not some big kiddie land expansion. I still want that Lazy River adventutre like "Voyage to the Center of the Earth"!

Weren’t we promised this when VB was announced: a water park on par with a theme park experience? VB is a good water park but they really didn’t raise the bar when it comes to theming within water slides (I’d argue the kitschy-ness of Wet N Wilds slides were cooler experiences).

Still, I’ll get up for early entry into VB and ride Krakatau 5x in a row with no wait. Still the best water slide I’ve ever been on, even with its lack of theming.

Knowing what they wanted to add here's what they SHOULD add:

• More cabanas, premium seating, and regular seating.
  • Reassess the food situation and add a new stand to this area.
  • Adults focused swimming location with swim-up bar

If I had to guess, the expansion would include another water coaster, a new set of mat racing slides, and a pool with a swim-up bar. Also some new rockwork and tons of trees. That's it. I really don't expect some grand expansion.

Last edited:
yes… all projects that were approved and in the construction phases….

Are we really doing this? Lol
Yeah we are really doing this. Universal kept pushing through with the projects during Covid…Disney paused all theirs. Aquatica added a new slide complex, Adventure Island added a new slide….have more in the works right now…I have every right to want to see an expansion at Volcano Bay.

Knowing what they wanted to add here's what they SHOULD add:

• More cabanas, premium seating, and regular seating.
  • Reassess the food situation and add a new stand to this area.
  • Adults focused swimming location with swim-up bar
You know what they wanted? Do tell….

Yeah we are really doing this. Universal kept pushing through with the projects during Covid…Disney paused all theirs. Aquatica added a new slide complex, Adventure Island added a new slide….have more in the works right now…I have every right to want to see an expansion at Volcano Bay.

You keep using examples of all projects that were budgeted, finalized, and in some form of construction phases...

Of course, we all want a VB Expansion - but I think we're being a little unrealistic with expectations here.

Lol, I guess so. I just don't think it'll be some highly themed area or anything.
A new slide tower with new beach chair seating around it.

Number of slides and type of slide to be decided later, but likely better than what they were originally planning. But still nothing as grand in scope as another water coaster, as that takes up too much space.

If I had to guess, the expansion would include another water coaster, a new set of mat racing slides, and a pool with a warm-up bar. Also some new rockwork and tons of trees. That's it. I really don't expect some grand expansion.
That sounds amazing but that plot of land isn’t that big to include all those things.

A new slide tower with new beach chair seating around it.

Number of slides and type of slide to be decided later, but likely better than what they were originally planning. But still nothing as grand in scope as another water coaster, as that takes up too much space.
That’s the wrong thinking. Water coasters and slides can go anywhere and around anything…how many of these waterparks are like 5-10 acres and cram slides in? Just gotta get creative sometimes.

That’s the wrong thinking. Water coasters and slides can go anywhere and around anything…how many of these waterparks are like 5-10 acres and cram slides in? Just gotta get creative sometimes.
I think an extension of the lazy river to back there would be nice with whatever they do, although i'm not looking at the park layout and honestly haven't been to the park since 2018 or so, so I don't even know if that's something that's possible to do.

That sounds amazing but that plot of land isn’t that big to include all those things.

It's actually bigger than you think in water park design. Using google maps, you can overlay a copy of the water coaster, oh yah/no and whatever the 4 tube slides (from the same tower) are called... and still enough space for seating.

I figured this doesn't deserve it's own thread.

This is like somebody tried to recreate Volcano Bay in a computer game and just went way over the top.

Picture1.jpg

200.gif

Curious to know if there might be any updates. With PotterVR seemingly in the can for USF, I can easily see Volcano Bay filling the bill if they need something for 2024.

I think VB is always an ace up the sleeve if they need to use it.

Is there a future timeline thread here? Where we can make a guess about what's going to happen or what we'd like to happen?