Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Voodoo Doughnut (UOR)

Got the Voodoo box this afternoon. I'm not going crazy with the doughnuts, just sampling here and there, but they're definitely good. Worth the cost? Probably not. But if you're on vacation, this is a unique thing that you can't find in many other places and it's worth the splurge imo.

It being open until midnight is also very smart in the sense that it allows people to buy doughnuts for the next morning. No one wants to run out for breakfast, but if you can buy some donuts, hop on the water taxi, go back to your room, etc and then you'll have them for you in the morning.

Or a midnight snack back in your hotel room too :)

Finally tried some yesterday. Big fan of the Grape Ape. The cake ones weren’t as good as the regular dough ones. Voodoo doll was fun.

The price is good for theme park snacks and how filling they are. I can see myself getting one every other trip to the park. And 1.60 ain’t bad. (Better than the $5 I spend on a less filling pumpkin pasty every time I visit Diagon.)

Plus, remember to get your AP discount y’all!

View attachment 6527

View attachment 6528

theme park pricing? Pretty sure Jupiter donuts start at a 1.50 and they ate just a local shop around here. Personally I'm not a fan, but I do hope I enjoy Voodoo when I get up that way. I should say I like JDs old fashions, but not a fan of their cake ones...so from your review, it sounds like VD is about the same as JD, just different specialties.

I’m there this weekend for my trip. Can’t wait to try these out, I love sweets. I have to say, I’m spoiled by The Salty Donut here in Miami. So let’s see how these compare.

Got the Voodoo box this afternoon. I'm not going crazy with the doughnuts, just sampling here and there, but they're definitely good. Worth the cost? Probably not. But if you're on vacation, this is a unique thing that you can't find in many other places and it's worth the splurge imo.

It being open until midnight is also very smart in the sense that it allows people to buy doughnuts for the next morning. No one wants to run out for breakfast, but if you can buy some donuts, hop on the water taxi, go back to your room, etc and then you'll have them for you in the morning.

From my experience next day donuts are no good. Heck I’ve gotten donuts in the morning that have gone stale by 3pm