Walt Disney World Tech News & Discussion- Magic Bands, Genie+, and more | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Walt Disney World Tech News & Discussion- Magic Bands, Genie+, and more

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
For me days/weeks later they still weren't there. But on Thursday they were there. Not sure how quickly as I didn't check until later. But the fact they were there told me the glitch was fixed for me. Ride photos always showed up right away.
For me i normally get ride pics right away. We found out about a slight delay (glitch with some handheld photopass systems?) when getting a pic on SOA during it's last day open. The pic appeared the next day.

For me i normally get ride pics right away. We found out about a slight delay (glitch with some handheld photopass systems?) when getting a pic on SOA during it's last day open. The pic appeared the next day.

Maybe I always got photographers that had the glitches in their hand held units lol That would be the luck :) But like I said for me they never showed up in the app. Always were online via their website, but never on the app. I am just glad it is fixed because now I can share pictures on facebook much easier.

Reactions: Nick
Everest just got some screens in the queue that seem to be related to StoryMaker. These may have already been installed and will suffer the same fate as the small world screens. I haven't noticed them though.

Personally I think that the HM one is a nice touch. I felt the new ghosts riding home with you while neat when it came out aged badly. They could have a few more animations but it's cute.

Rock'n Roller Coaster feels a little underwhelming and a little stalkerish (only because of its placement). If they did something more personalized than put your name on a poster with some generic cover band stuff it would probably be a lot better.

Seriously, who gives a poo about reading your name on a screen? The end goal was always Mickey saying "Hi Joe! How's the weather in Ohio?" or your server knowing your name right as you show up or personal experiences. How many guests will actually recognize these things?

Reactions: IzzyB
This one creeps me out. Now people will see actual names. At least on HM it is the majority of the time just you seeing it. But now it is in line with a bunch of other people. Not a fan of this at all.

I agree with testtrack, MM+ should be used in more personalized way vs. having stuff on a screen.
I think Disney will likely see enough complaints similar to this where the RNRC one won't last long.

Reactions: Brian G.
I just don't get the Disney line of thinking for this. If the goal is to add something like this to most rides, I'd imagine people would get tired of seeing the gimmick quickly.

"Oh.... look...... our name again...... "

Sounds like something someone who isn't a typical tourist would approve. "Kids these days like customization and cell phones. Let's put their name on a sign!" Or something an intern put together after more ambitious plans were down scaled.

This one creeps me out. Now people will see actual names. At least on HM it is the majority of the time just you seeing it. But now it is in line with a bunch of other people. Not a fan of this at all.

I agree with testtrack, MM+ should be used in more personalized way vs. having stuff on a screen.
Its not just your name. In many of these posters it also looks like it is where they live, unless Groton and Dade City are sprawling Metropolis' that I have never heard of.

Heard an interesting anecdote today from a Disney concierge about how often they have to give angry guests stuff because their Magic Bands didn't work when they went to Universal and they had to buy tickets. :shrug:

Reactions: Mad Dog
Heard an interesting anecdote today from a Disney concierge about how often they have to give angry guests stuff because their Magic Bands didn't work when they went to Universal and they had to buy tickets. :shrug:

I've heard things about Universal having to explain to people paying for dinner they can't use their magic bands. It's a real issues with Disney trying to sell this all in one experience and people rejecting it.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I've heard things about Universal having to explain to people paying for dinner they can't use their magic bands. It's a real issues with Disney trying to sell this all in one experience and people rejecting it.
It sounds like it's working if people are trying to use them at Universal. Anyone who does that is pretty knee deep in MM+ and WDW.