Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Walt Disney World Tech News & Discussion- Magic Bands, Genie+, and more

Oh yeah, your name on a screen was TOTALLY worth that multi million dollar investment.

ET has at least been saying your name for how long...?

26 years. But you know.. MyMagic+.

Anyway, as for the resort fee, I wouldn't be surprised. It's a little tacky but I'd actually like to see it happen so everyone who talked crap for so many years about Universal's hotel parking fees can eat it.

I want it to happy because in theory even the most delusional fanboys can't justify the change as anything other than money grubbing.

But I'm wrong - they'll contort into amazing new positions to defend their love of the mouse and the millions they spend on mediocrity.

26 years. But you know.. MyMagic+.

Anyway, as for the resort fee, I wouldn't be surprised. It's a little tacky but I'd actually like to see it happen so everyone who talked crap for so many years about Universal's hotel parking fees can eat it.

It's not really going to stop people saying that paying for parking is ridiculous though is it? Mainly because it is.

It's not really going to stop people saying that paying for parking is ridiculous though is it? Mainly because it is.

They could work it into the price of the hotel and raise them across the board, even for people who don't use it. Good idea.

What I don't get about this move is Disney could raise their hotel prices by 15 dollars a night and no one would bat an eye. But adding a resort fee you are advertising that price rise and causing some people to be really pissed off. Honestly I really don't get this business decision if they end up doing it.

They could work it into the price of the hotel and raise them across the board, even for people who don't use it. Good idea.

There are so many sides to this that it's really difficult to reach a decision that would please everybody.

Universal has limited land, so if Universal can put people off not driving by enforcing a a charge, then it works in their favour by having people stranded on site which is perfect for Universal. As somebody who's always going to be driving, I find it incredibly annoying but I have to respect that I have a choice to drive and if I don't, I can save myself some money.

On the other hand, if Disney enforce this, it's something completely different. For a starter, they're going to charge for something that has been free for a long time and they offer no chance to opt out of it. Some of the features will remain free for people staying off site and some of the other features are a one time payment which you will be paying the same for daily. Disney have so much room, that paying for parking is really a slap in the face.

News on the web says Disney is going to start charging $15 additional dollars for premium parking areas at the theme parks. Lol.

Gee mistah - for a mere $35 I can still park in an uncovered lot 2.5 miles away from the Magic Kingdom?

News on the web says Disney is going to start charging $15 additional dollars for premium parking areas at the theme parks. Lol.

Gee mistah - for a mere $35 I can still park in an uncovered lot 2.5 miles away from the Magic Kingdom?

That's my biggest complaint of the magic kingdom and why I never stay for the fireworks any more. After a long day in the park, you have to trek back to your car and race against other people otherwise you'll be waiting in a massive queue for a boat or monorail and then head home after.

In all fairness to Disney, both Universal and Sea world have premium parking. Now I think $15 is too much, it should be more along $5 or $10 extra dollars. I think this will work more in the non-magic kingdom parks. With trams I am not sure how many people will actually do this. So while they can offer it, many people may not take them up on it.

That's my biggest complaint of the magic kingdom and why I never stay for the fireworks any more. After a long day in the park, you have to trek back to your car and race against other people otherwise you'll be waiting in a massive queue for a boat or monorail and then head home after.

That is why I always stay for the second parade and grab snack food and relax. Maybe ride a couple rides that have no wait at this time at night. Then I stroll out closer to closing when the lines are much less.

That is why I always stay for the second parade and grab snack food and relax. Maybe ride a couple rides that have no wait at this time at night. Then I stroll out closer to closing when the lines are much less.

It's just dawned on me that every time I go to the MK, it's always the first Disney park I head to and jet lag is probably playing a major part in my grumpiness at that time of night. I'll try going later on in the holiday once my body has adjusted and using your method because it sounds like a far more relaxing and enjoyable experience.

I suggest starting with DHS and then AK - so first you'll be completely unimpressed and disillusioned and then really REALLY appreciate air conditioning - the visit MK and feel all "aww.. yeah.. this is the stuff.." until around 5pm and you cant have a beer.

Then go to Epcot.

I suggest starting with DHS and then AK - so first you'll be completely unimpressed and disillusioned and then really REALLY appreciate air conditioning - the visit MK and feel all "aww.. yeah.. this is the stuff.." until around 5pm and you cant have a beer.

Then go to Epcot.

I've never drank at Disney before but I've been looking at uber and trying drinking around the world for the first time has me overly excited.

There are so many sides to this that it's really difficult to reach a decision that would please everybody.

Universal has limited land, so if Universal can put people off not driving by enforcing a a charge, then it works in their favour by having people stranded on site which is perfect for Universal. As somebody who's always going to be driving, I find it incredibly annoying but I have to respect that I have a choice to drive and if I don't, I can save myself some money.

On the other hand, if Disney enforce this, it's something completely different. For a starter, they're going to charge for something that has been free for a long time and they offer no chance to opt out of it. Some of the features will remain free for people staying off site and some of the other features are a one time payment which you will be paying the same for daily. Disney have so much room, that paying for parking is really a slap in the face.

Except I've been staying onsite at Universal for over 12 or 13 years now and have always had to pay for parking. Or I could compare to staying on-site at Disney and weigh the cost that way. RPR/HRH/PBH $250 a night + $20 parking per night vs Poly/Contempo/Grand $500 a night.. but the general consensus is shame on Uni for charging for parking? :lol:

Except I've been staying onsite at Universal for over 12 or 13 years now and have always had to pay for parking. Or I could compare to staying on-site at Disney and weigh the cost that way. RPR/HRH/PBH $250 a night + $20 parking per night vs Poly/Contempo/Grand $500 a night.. but the general consensus is shame on Uni for charging for parking? :lol:

It's not really a Disney vs Universal thing. Personally, I don't like being told a price for a hotel and then getting told I need to pay extra for things that should be free. If it was included in the price, I would have zero problems and accept that's the price for the hotel. To me, it's the same as hotels charging for wifi.

The worst I've experienced with this was when I had stayed at the Rosen Inn international with free parking and wifi and then I thought I was going to get a good deal at the Rosen Centre until I found out that parking and wifi would cost extra even though the room was double the price.

April 10th seems to be the date that they are going to turn on the new things where you can now book your 4th or 5th via the app. They are also going to let you pick times right away instead of of doing the Option A, B, C, etc options. It says they are adding other stuff, but I could swear those other things you could already do. They are probably just making them more simple for guests to understand. I have gotten to know the ins and outs of that app pretty well. Others may not.