Walt Disney World Tech News & Discussion- Magic Bands, Genie+, and more | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Walt Disney World Tech News & Discussion- Magic Bands, Genie+, and more

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So I used the app today to book extra fast passes and I have to say it was really nice and the app has changed a lot with you now able to pick times. Also, my friend did way more than 5 fast passes. I think she did 7 or more. So you can keep getting them as long as they are available. She even got two for thunder mountain. One in the morning and one at 8pm.

So I used the app today to book extra fast passes and I have to say it was really nice and the app has changed a lot with you now able to pick times. Also, my friend did way more than 5 fast passes. I think she did 7 or more. So you can keep getting them as long as they are available. She even got two for thunder mountain. One in the morning and one at 8pm.
Yes, the system is much more like when we had paper tickets now, only you don't have to run around the park to get them. Almost all FP+ are easy to come by except SDMT, TSMM (and soon to be Frozen) as well.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Yes, the system is much more like when we had paper tickets now, only you don't have to run around the park to get them. Almost all FP+ are easy to come by except SDMT, TSMM (and soon to be Frozen) as well.

Paper FastPasses used to be my way to get in extra cardio at the parks. :lol: Oh well. I still get to do the old school trek across the park in Disneyland.

Look forward to testing it out in a few weeks, those kiosks were painful! Especially as CMs insisted on helping everyone regardless of ability, I think that actually slowed things up!

Reactions: Journey_On
Look forward to testing it out in a few weeks, those kiosks were painful! Especially as CMs insisted on helping everyone regardless of ability, I think that actually slowed things up!

What mobile network are you with in the UK? I know that sounds like a weird question but it's kind of relevant.

Last edited:
What mobile network are you with in the UK? I know that sounds like a weird question but it's kind of relevant.
I'm on EE, but my wife's got a Three 30 Day sim with 12gb of roaming data on it to use, that I can can hotspot on

I'm on EE, but my wife's got a Three 30 Day sim with 12gb of roaming data on it to use, that I can can hotspot on

You know then. :lol:

Are you sure you can definitely hotspot on it? I tried it last year and it wouldn't allow me but that could possibly be an iPhone thing.

You know then. :lol:

Are you sure you can definitely hotspot on it? I tried it last year and it wouldn't allow me but that could possibly be an iPhone thing.
Lol yeah much cheaper than adding an expensive data package.

I assumed it was possible to tether, but a quick Google implies it's not possible. I'll only not have Wifi on the road so will just have to use her iPhone for google maps of needed.

I'm not too bad with directions in Orlando, only get lost going to Florida Mall or Millenia haha

Lol yeah much cheaper than adding an expensive data package.

I assumed it was possible to tether, but a quick Google implies it's not possible. I'll only not have Wifi on the road so will just have to use her iPhone for google maps of needed.

I'm not too bad with directions in Orlando, only get lost going to Florida Mall or Millenia haha

If you can unlock your phone, I'd look into getting a pay as you go sim or a 1 month contract. It should cost about £20. I got a text from Three when I returned back from my last trip saying if I was with o2, I would have spent about £5000 on data alone.

I got lost going to Millenia as well it was my first trip driving and I wrote down directions except I looked at the map and took directions driving on the left hand side of the road. It caused a big argument because my wife was giving me wrong directions and I was sure they were right.

If you can unlock your phone, I'd look into getting a pay as you go sim or a 1 month contract. It should cost about £20. I got a text from Three when I returned back from my last trip saying if I was with o2, I would have spent about £5000 on data alone.

I got lost going to Millenia as well it was my first trip driving and I wrote down directions except I looked at the map and took directions driving on the left hand side of the road. It caused a big argument because my wife was giving me wrong directions and I was sure they were right.
I won't use it enough. If I need a couple of MBs I'll just used the 100mb for 24 hrs for £3 option with EE.

Haha I bet that was fun! Google Maps has not failed me yet. And thinking about it you can download the maps when on wifi in the room in the morning so don't actually need data for that!

Reactions: Scott W.

Agreed. I hated that trek across the park. It is also nice because you can start with 3. But we got tickets all the way up to 2 hours before park closed. I was pretty impressed with the app changes. My friend who had never used the MM+ system easily used it and really liked the whole thing. They are used to DL and paper tickets. They seemed to much prefer this over the ticket system.

Now it was a slow MK day, so I imagine on busier days the availability of tickets will be less, but that was also the case with the paper tickets too. So I think the systems are really more comparable now and with the not running around I imagine most people will now prefer this over the paper ticket system. Now it only took them 3 years to get to this point, so there is that :lol:

On a side note, holy crap it is nice going to MK on a weekday. I mean I am used to lines dropping down after 8 PM, but even the popular rides dropped down to very reasonable time frames. Peter Pan was 30 minutes, Anna & Elsa was 10 minutes, Mine train was 30 minutes. I need to take half days to the parks more often lol

Wanted to add I just realized this today, the photopass portion of the app is working properly now. Before it never included all the pictures for some reason and now it does. It got all the pictures we took yesterday and we had a lot. So I was also very happy to discover this since only the website in the past had all the pictures.

I'm hearing StoryMaker may have just been scrapped. This may specifically be for those rides that required additional physical enhancements (ie. Mickey Meet and Greet may still get it). Apparently, people were creeped out that Disney knew where they were all the time. I guess this stuff makes it a little bit more obvious.

I'm hearing StoryMaker may have just been scrapped. This may specifically be for those rides that required additional physical enhancements (ie. Mickey Meet and Greet may still get it). Apparently, people were creeped out that Disney knew where they were all the time. I guess this stuff makes it a little bit more obvious.

Yeah I got to the end of small world and couldn't find the story maker stuff. I was trying to figure out what is was supposed do.

Wanted to add I just realized this today, the photopass portion of the app is working properly now. Before it never included all the pictures for some reason and now it does. It got all the pictures we took yesterday and we had a lot. So I was also very happy to discover this since only the website in the past had all the pictures.
It's been working great for awhile now - we use it often now that our APs include Photopass. The "download" feature is great as it allows you to get the pic off the app with ease.

It's been working great for awhile now - we use it often now that our APs include Photopass. The "download" feature is great as it allows you to get the pic off the app with ease.

How would you define awhile? Because I know in February it would show ride photos for me, but not ones taken by photopass photographers. I went to the photopass place and the guy told me the app had a glitch and that happens a lot. Maybe it was only certain accounts with the glitch?

How would you define awhile? Because I know in February it would show ride photos for me, but not ones taken by photopass photographers. I went to the photopass place and the guy told me the app had a glitch and that happens a lot. Maybe it was only certain accounts with the glitch?
Honestly in all my times where i've gone into it, i've never had a problem. Biggest issue is actually similar to what you describe. Ride photos work fine, but sometimes photos from a photographer take a bit longer to get into the app for whatever reason.

Honestly in all my times where i've gone into it, i've never had a problem. Biggest issue is actually similar to what you describe. Ride photos work fine, but sometimes photos from a photographer take a bit longer to get into the app for whatever reason.

For me days/weeks later they still weren't there. But on Thursday they were there. Not sure how quickly as I didn't check until later. But the fact they were there told me the glitch was fixed for me. Ride photos always showed up right away.