WandaVision | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

WandaVision

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Im in two minds about it. It’s never going to be wrapped up, if anything it’s going to be quite open ended as I think this will be the gateway to phase 4.

Having said that, I can’t see how there can ever be another season and it probably needs some kind of closure.
Feige actually said earlier this week that he will be looking into if this show has more to tell, and that there’s still a possibility of a Season 2.

However, I look at MoM as the sequel to this. I think much of it will be solved a lot more easily than you guys seem to think and then there will be open ends that get touched on in Loki, No Way Home, and MoM.

Remember, Loki is a series that ties heavily into MoM, too.

Sure it could be good for a short scene, but then they went through every tragic event in her life and me, being someone who knows her tragedy already, was just like “we’re really doing a recap episode in Episode 8 out of 9?”

There was some good stuff in this episode, but it just felt like they could've done the wanda’s past stuff in half the time and still had time for plenty more in this episode.

And don’t even get me started on the ridiculously cheesy and over-dramatic line Agatha had “...and that means you are THE SCARLET WITCH!” as if we hadn’t all known that for 6 years.

I just felt like this episode was almost talking down to the audience in a lot of ways.

As someone who knows little lore (basically just that Wanda has also gone by the moniker of Scarlet Witch), I would counter argue that the delivery of the final line made me perk up immensely, made it obvious it was a big deal and made it obvious it wasn't a good thing in the slightest.

I side with the segment that loves the show because it's basically just giving deeper character sketches of characters we had lesser insight into. That's pretty much exactly what I could want from a comic book side adventure series. I don't need earth shattering revelations at the end of every episode. The penultimate episode gave Wanda such a weight to her that is rarely seen in pulpy comic book films. I know I will be hugely invested in what happens to her and Vision going forward and its thanks to how the shows gone down.

I will say that I think some are setting themselves up for disappoint in the finale expecting a lot of answers and climax. This is still art of the MCU and it'd be naive to think Wandavision isn't going to be setting something up for a future film or separate series, be it MoM or other things. Even the phase ending films have pieces in them to set up the future of the overall universe. We know what's gotten us to this point in the series for the most part so what's left is to see what ultimately happens with...

Wanda being forced to ultimately face the reality of losing Vision, likely for the third time. All signs are pointing to that not really being super positive for the well being of the MCU's reality.

Could you have set up whatever happens in MoM or whatever in the future with a three minute exposition scene? Sure but instead we've been given nearly six hours of buildup, most of which I think has been executed really damn well.

Reactions: Frogki and imagin78
Wanda is going to be the big bad. Everything she's done in the MCU so far has a villain story arc in it.

Joined a terrorist organization
Joined a evil AI that almost destroyed the world
Caused a bunch of civilian deaths because of her inexperience
Went against the Sokovia accords and became a wanted fugitive
Went against her fellow fugitives so she can see the person she loved
Pushed into killing her love
Saw her love brought back to life and killed again
Died and Came back but her love didnt
Failed at getting revenge, someone else had to do it
Enslaved a bunch of people to make herself happy

Pick any one of those and you have a villain origin

It's that last one I dont see how they can just handwave away and make her a hero again. But to violate and torture people just to be happy and expect people to be ok with it cause she was a super hero, that's some major privilege. I don't see how she cant be making a villain turn at the end.

As someone who knows little lore (basically just that Wanda has also gone by the moniker of Scarlet Witch), I would counter argue that the delivery of the final line made me perk up immensely, made it obvious it was a big deal and made it obvious it wasn't a good thing in the slightest.

I side with the segment that loves the show because it's basically just giving deeper character sketches of characters we had lesser insight into. That's pretty much exactly what I could want from a comic book side adventure series. I don't need earth shattering revelations at the end of every episode. The penultimate episode gave Wanda such a weight to her that is rarely seen in pulpy comic book films. I know I will be hugely invested in what happens to her and Vision going forward and its thanks to how the shows gone down.

I will say that I think some are setting themselves up for disappoint in the finale expecting a lot of answers and climax. This is still art of the MCU and it'd be naive to think Wandavision isn't going to be setting something up for a future film or separate series, be it MoM or other things. Even the phase ending films have pieces in them to set up the future of the overall universe. We know what's gotten us to this point in the series for the most part so what's left is to see what ultimately happens with...

Wanda being forced to ultimately face the reality of losing Vision, likely for the third time. All signs are pointing to that not really being super positive for the well being of the MCU's reality.

Could you have set up whatever happens in MoM or whatever in the future with a three minute exposition scene? Sure but instead we've been given nearly six hours of buildup, most of which I think has been executed really damn well.
Oh I really enjoy the show, don't get me wrong. Just for the penultimate episode, I thought it to be kind of a let down.

Wanda is going to be the big bad. Everything she's done in the MCU so far has a villain story arc in it.

Joined a terrorist organization
Joined a evil AI that almost destroyed the world
Caused a bunch of civilian deaths because of her inexperience
Went against the Sokovia accords and became a wanted fugitive
Went against her fellow fugitives so she can see the person she loved
Pushed into killing her love
Saw her love brought back to life and killed again
Died and Came back but her love didnt
Failed at getting revenge, someone else had to do it
Enslaved a bunch of people to make herself happy

Pick any one of those and you have a villain origin

It's that last one I dont see how they can just handwave away and make her a hero again. But to violate and torture people just to be happy and expect people to be ok with it cause she was a super hero, that's some major privilege. I don't see how she cant be making a villain turn at the end.
I don't think there was much question to this. I've been saying she'll be the big bad of MoM for about a year now.

I don't think there was much question to this. I've been saying she'll be the big bad of MoM for about a year now.

The number of people who see her as a hero and hero only. The Mephisto/Nightmare theorist who are trying to twist what Wanda has done as their influence. The people that want Wanda and Vision to be together. There's LOTS of people who don't think or want her to go villain.

The number of people who see her as a hero and hero only. The Mephisto/Nightmare theorist who are trying to twist what Wanda has done as their influence. The people that want Wanda and Vision to be together. There's LOTS of people who don't think or want her to go villain.
I mean, I still think Mephisto or Nightmare will somehow play into MoM, but Wanda is still the big bad. Much like Agatha, they'll just serve to use her massive amount of raw power to their own advantage (only angering Wanda more). I think Agatha is trying to use Wanda to bring Ralph back from the dead, as I believe Ralph is the bunny.

I mean, I still think Mephisto or Nightmare will somehow play into MoM, but Wanda is still the big bad. Much like Agatha, they'll just serve to use her massive amount of raw power to their own advantage (only angering and making Wanda more). I think Agatha is trying to use Wanda to bring Ralph back from the dead, as I believe Ralph is the bunny.

If the bunny is anyone it's her son. Her son's name in the comics is Nicolas Scratch. In the show she refers to the bunny as Scratchy.

With the name drop of Chaos magic, and the whole no devils or demon thing because of the chinese market (if that's a real thing or not I dont know its what I see people posting) I think Chthon is more likely. He's got closer ties to Scarlet Witch in the comics, he uses Chaos magic where Mephisto doesnt, and he's a Cthulu like being and not a religious devil like being.

I hope Nightmare shows up, he's more of a Dr Strange villain then Mephisto, plus he looks cooler IMO. [/quote]

I was looking at the first page of this thread and maybe this is just me, but did I miss a rumor or was that just an extremely wild guess that you somehow got right? :lol:
yes. It looks like somehow she got into Wanda’s fake reality and Wanda pushed her out.

Also: Cant wait to see who Evan Peters is playing.

I don't go searching for leaks, and even I'd heard that he was going to be in the show since production started. I think one of the trades may have even picked up on it. Never officially announced by the studio, though.

I don't go searching for leaks, and even I'd heard that he was going to be in the show since production started. I think one of the trades may have even picked up on it. Never officially announced by the studio, though.
Ah, it must've slipped by me somehow as I was totally surprised (which is how I like it) and I was following the show fairly close so i'm surprised I missed it.

I was looking at the first page of this thread and maybe this is just me, but did I miss a rumor or was that just an extremely wild guess that you somehow got right? :lol:

That actually came out I think a year ago now from Charles Murphy. But even back then if you searched for the snow on Google, Peters appeared in the cast

The more I think about it, the more I believe Fietro will end up being Peter from the Fox movies. I can’t imagine they would attempt a stunt casting like that again after it’s backfired for them in the past. They must understand the rage it will put people in if he turns out to be some average dude from this reality.

Episode 8 seems to have put in motion the idea that Wanda was a mutant this whole time and the Mind Stone accentuated her abilities. I agree with the people who think Patrick Stewart is the cameo. I think it will involve Doctor Strange bringing Prof. X over from his reality so that he can take Peter home. And somewhere in that interaction Charles explains to Wanda that she’s a mutant.

That actually came out I think a year ago now from Charles Murphy. But even back then if you searched for the snow on Google, Peters appeared in the cast

The more I think about it, the more I believe Fietro will end up being Peter from the Fox movies. I can’t imagine they would attempt a stunt casting like that again after it’s backfired for them in the past. They must understand the rage it will put people in if he turns out to be some average dude from this reality.

Episode 8 seems to have put in motion the idea that Wanda was a mutant this whole time and the Mind Stone accentuated her abilities. I agree with the people who think Patrick Stewart is the cameo. I think it will involve Doctor Strange bringing Prof. X over from his reality so that he can take Peter home. And somewhere in that interaction Charles explains to Wanda that she’s a mutant.
I think they tried to (or at least Agatha did) plant that she's been a *witch* the whole time, not a mutant. Look at her parents, her dad was no Magneto. Now I do think Agatha drew her own conclusions when it comes to Wanda being a witch. I think the MCU Agatha is a straight up witch and wouldn't know what a mutant is if she saw one standing in front of her, so it is very possible that Wanda is a mutant, but they are currently trying to lead us in the witch direction.

If Wanda's a mutant, why wouldn't she able to use her powers in Agatha's basement? Agatha said the spells down there were to nullify the powers of other witches/sorcerers.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Am I alone in thinking this Pietro is really nothing more than a pawn of Agatha? She basically surmised as much herself and he was last seen in a position as a pawn taking care of Monica.

I think it's legitimately just a case of casting him as an extra wink to the audience plus fans would go crazy thinking up theories about him.

If Wanda's a mutant, why wouldn't she able to use her powers in Agatha's basement? Agatha said the spells down there were to nullify the powers of other witches/sorcerers.

I think if that ends up being confirmed, they may have bent the rules for the plot to move forward because it's technically "magic" - but yeah... one of those things...:lol:

Am I alone in thinking this Pietro is really nothing more than a pawn of Agatha? She basically surmised as much herself and he was last seen in a position as a pawn taking care of Monica.

I think it's legitimately just a case of casting him as an extra wink to the audience plus fans would go crazy thinking up theories about him.

If that were the case, that would make me sour (and I'd imagine a lot of others, as well) on the show. With a Multiverse confirmed and characters from other Studios movies showing up in Spider-Man, they'd have to know what the implication was when Peters showed up. Besides that, Feige has said the other idea was to bring Aaron Taylor-Johnson back so... the option was there. If he ends up just being a nobody.... it would be a bad form of stunt casting.

Im in two minds about it. It’s never going to be wrapped up, if anything it’s going to be quite open ended as I think this will be the gateway to phase 4.

Having said that, I can’t see how there can ever be another season and it probably needs some kind of closure.

Oh, I don't expect all to be wrapped up - but with 42 minutes, they gotta wrap up this season's arc for a few characters, while setting up the future arcs for Wanda, Vision, and Monica.

By my checklist, this episode has to:
Complete Vision's story, which I'd imagine is his death... again.
Wanda finding closure with whatever Vision's outcome is, the kids' outcome, and setting up for Strange 2
What being the Scarlett Witch means and why Wanda? (aka if she's a mutant or something)
Set Monica up for CM 2 while moving up or wrapping up her issues with Wanda and SWORD (and maybe why Monica's got her powers and others didn't, is she a mutant, too?)
If the kids are real
Fietro's reveal
SWORD/Hayward's plans
Expand Agatha's motivation and wrap it up.

.... all while moving the MCU forward

They also should probably explain a few other things, including how Ep 7 said it was Agatha all along, but Ep 8 revealed it wasn't ALL Agatha. How did she get in? How did she know before everyone else?

Not to mention, they still haven't said who the important witness was that SWORD was trying to recover.

And while we know why Wanda created a sitcom reality, why the hell was it broadcasted as a sitcom? :lol:

Finally, if that Engineer that Monica knows is actually a somebody. It seems now that the person Bettany was teasing was "himself" - which was a cheap move if that's the case.

SO yeah - that's a lot to unpack and stuff into 42 min of runtime.

I just can't imagine that Evan Peters is just stunt casting once all is said and done. Feige doesn't tend to do that and I trust that he has a legitimate reason why he's in this series, even if it's not necessarily fully apparent to us at the end of WandaVision.

Although...
I could see a scenario where Wanda is angered so much that she somehow makes Billy, Tommy, Pietro and Vision somehow real outside of the hex.