WandaVision | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

WandaVision

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So to point out about length, including credits, they’ve put out 292 minutes so far out of ~360 (6 hours), meaning I’d expect next weeks finale to be over an hour in length.
All the series don’t have to be exactly 6 hours though. Some a little over, some a little under. That said, I hope you’re right.

This was a really good episode and helped tie up some of the questions that were out there. One thing that bothers me is that Agatha just let Wanda out of her control at the end. Why would she do that, knowing now that she is Scarlet Witch? That seems like a decent sized plot hole.
Didn’t the whole episode happen in Agatha’s basement technically? Meaning Wanda didn’t go anywhere and is still under her control

I’m not 100% on this and would have to watch again, but I thought it was just all a fake reality they were traveling through.

All the series don’t have to be exactly 6 hours though. Some a little over, some a little under. That said, I hope you’re right.
They’ve gone out of their way to say this is a 6 hour series.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Didn’t the whole episode happen in Agatha’s basement technically? Meaning Wanda didn’t go anywhere and is still under her control

I’m not 100% on this and would have to watch again, but I thought it was just all a fake reality they were traveling through.

They’ve gone out of their way to say this is a 6 hour series.
I agree, Except for the very last part where they were back outside and Agatha was restraining the kids

Ok just so I’m clear, when Wanda is in the hydra lab, the yellow stone she touches/“imbibes” is the mind stone. Which gave her her powers and powered vision. This both allowed her to create her Vision and her magic from the missile is what powers Hayward’s. Where/how does Ultron enter? It’s been a while since I’ve seen AoU. Do we think Hayward’s Vision will have James Spader’s voice?

Ok just so I’m clear, when Wanda is in the hydra lab, the yellow stone she touches/“imbibes” is the mind stone. Which gave her her powers and powered vision. This both allowed her to create her Vision and her magic from the missile is what powers Hayward’s. Where/how does Ultron enter? It’s been a while since I’ve seen AoU. Do we think Hayward’s Vision will have James Spader’s voice?
I see where you are going with this. In AoU I believe Vision cuts off Ultron’s escape route to the net so when Wanda “kills” him he should be contained in that form. Unless there was some back door we were not made aware of

Reactions: Nico
How are they going to wrap this season up with 1 episode?

I think it depends on what part of the story they plan on continuing. I think we all expected/wanted this as an introduction to X-Men so it seemed like a self-contained story but with ramifications for future films. But if their intention is to create 1-2 major new villains, I don’t know if we’ll see that story tied up by the end of next week.

Agatha pulled Pietro out of the multiverse and then brainwashed him to do her bidding (Matter isn't made, it's simply remixed in the Hex). She tells Wanda about it and it gives Wanda the idea to go into and/or pull from the multiverse to find her Pietro (and possibly Vision if he doesn't survive this). Chaos ensues.

While I'm glad this gave us some more answers, it was a slow episode. I feel like fans of the MCU didn't need that much dedication to her back story. Sure, it fleshed out her tragic stories a bit, but we were already aware of all that trauma. Spending 90% of the episode retelling what we basically knew, and considering the whole series has had an already slow build, it seems to be an odd choice of pacing in the penultimate episode after ramping it up for the past 3 episodes.

They also gave us a few more questions to have answered in the last episode, so that seems like an awful lot to stuff into a finale. I've been loving the show, but the structure of it all is definitely wonky.

I also don't think Agatha is necessarily evil.

While I agree it was slow, what's worse it felt spoon-fed. Taking minutes to spell out things that a reasonably attentive viewer could have picked up from context clues, and invested viewers likely surmised already. Contrast this with, say, Watchmen, which felt comfortable leaving details in the background (MINOR SPOILER WITHIN A SPOILER e.g. the "falling squid zone" signs) and some questions unanswered.

Also lamp-shading plot holes (Wanda's accent, she and Pietro choosing to join HYDRA) works in comedies, doesn't work in dramas.

Re-thinking my initial assumption that evil SWORD leader is the big bad after this week's performance. He's too much of an "A-Team villain" level actor to be a featured player on the big screen. Instead I think he's toast next week, giving the finale a an upbeat emotional climax before a last minute reveal of the surprise A-List actor they've been teasing as Mephisto/Ralph.

I mean while this show is ending soon...it will easily tie into Dr Strange and other MCU shows so I doubt everything will be wrapped up.

IGN gave the episode a 6/10...no clue what they were watching. I thought it was a great episode

I liked the downtime, but it shouldn't have been the whole episode. The scene with the kids under the bed with the bomb next to them isn't something I cared about that much because it feels like they shoehorned the sitcom aspect into it. That's supposed to be a big scene for Wanda's backstory and motivation, but adding the kid going "Haha lol this is my favorite part of the show" didn't do it for me. Even if it's shock or the kids ignoring what's going on around them, we as the audience have been told a couple of times now throughout the MCU that the bombings were a terrifying experience for Wanda & Pietro; but they go on and add this TV.

I don't mind slowing down, as plots need time to breathe but they're letting this B air the F out a lot... :lol:

Last week's felt like filler, which was fine since we were reaching the final 2 episodes so to have another "filler" episode kills momentum. This is a 9 episode series that could've been 6.

EDIT

ALSO! It doesn't seem like it WAS Agatha All Along either...

Last edited:
I don't mind slowing down, as plots need time to breathe but they're letting this B air the F out a lot... :lol:

Last week's felt like filler, which was fine since we were reaching the final 2 episodes so to have another "filler" episode kills momentum. This is a 9 episode series that could've been 6.

EDIT

ALSO! It doesn't seem like it WAS Agatha All Along either...
I will freely admit that this isn't a popular opinion, but if anything I wish the opposite. I feel like this show could have stretched out its legs a little more. Double up the sitcom episodes for each decade, a slightly slower burn at the start, and build to a great finale.

I don't know how these episodes could be filler....its all about the characters. Like before this no one knew Wanda grew up learning English from old TV shows, we didn't know she might have powers before the stone and we get to see more on how Vision and Wanda connected.

Also how can you not love Visions line on grief being a form of love, its why I love that character. I said this from the start if you don't care for the characters the show is not for you...I liked them both at this point so I like it but like most MCU films its not about the "plot" its about the characters. With the rare exception of Winter Solider/Civil War MCU films about the characters.....do you like them? do they make you laugh? Do they make you kinda sad? Thats it and think it worst really well.

I don't know how these episodes could be filler....its all about the characters. Like before this no one knew Wanda grew up learning English from old TV shows, we didn't know she might have powers before the stone and we get to see more on how Vision and Wanda connected.

I mean it was very obvious that the whole television aspect came from her past. This show isn't doing "show not tell" they're explaining everything which isn't my cup of tea.

I mean it was very obvious that the whole television aspect came from her past. This show isn't doing "show not tell" they're explaining everything which isn't my cup of tea.
I guess but showing her learning English with her family and bonding over it, is good.

Its to show she came from a normal place before the war.

Once again before this show you could not tell me much about this character besides she lost her parents, loved Vision and had a brother. This episode was going more into her past and her and visions connection.
If people find that filler then the MCU shows might not be for you. Falcon will have action but its going to focus on the two heroes and there origins and I bet show more of Vemo's past. Loki is going to do the same as well here is Loki as a kid with Thor and how it effected him.

Reactions: imagin78
I guess but showing her learning English with her family and bonding over it, is good.

Its to show she came from a normal place before the war.

Once again before this show you could not tell me much about this character besides she lost her parents, loved Vision and had a brother. This episode was going more into her past and her and visions connection.
If people find that filler then the MCU shows might not be for you. Falcon will have action but its going to focus on the two heroes and there origins and I bet show more of Vemo's past. Loki is going to do the same as well here is Loki as a kid with Thor and how it effected him.
Sure it could be good for a short scene, but then they went through every tragic event in her life and me, being someone who knows her tragedy already, was just like “we’re really doing a recap episode in Episode 8 out of 9?”

There was some good stuff in this episode, but it just felt like they could've done the wanda’s past stuff in half the time and still had time for plenty more in this episode.

And don’t even get me started on the ridiculously cheesy and over-dramatic line Agatha had “...and that means you are THE SCARLET WITCH!” as if we hadn’t all known that for 6 years.

I just felt like this episode was almost talking down to the audience in a lot of ways.

After second watch:
So I watched again and I do have a bit of a different takeaway I didn't fully catch the first time. They basically confirmed through Wanda's memories that she has always had powers (stopping the stark bomb, the mind stone coming to her and surviving it, etc).

I still think they could've condensed a bit, but that's some pretty powerful information as it's basically paving the way for how they will introduce the X-men/Mutants. Now of course they've kinda introduced Wanda as a Witch more than a Mutant in the MCU now, but I still think there's some validity to my theory here going forward.