WandaVision | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

WandaVision

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Some quick thoughts...
  • I was getting really tired of the sitcom format and this week in particular I felt took away from some much needed story progression. Glad to see this was the last one mimicking that format.
  • I kinda hate Agatha is the big bad...for all the talk of the show runners saying “there will be misdirects”, everyone called this after episode 1. Either way - should be a good conclusion.
  • So the engineer was just some soldier? Yeah that was a major letdown...
Overall - I’m still really enjoying this show, but I feel like it had a strong 2-3 episodes in the middle and I’m beginning to find the mystery to not be much of a mystery at all. Hope next week brings some genuine surprises.

From that same interview, he mentioned that it was with an actor he hasn't worked with before. I sincerely doubt he hasn't worked with Benedict before the production on Wandavision began.

My mind's starting to go with Stewart.

The only movie that Vision and Dr Strange were in together was Infinity War and they shared no scenes.

Wasn't this meant to be an hour long episode?

Agnes killing a dog instantly makes her worse than Thanos.

Reactions: Grabnar and Tristan
Fun tidbit I found online for those more familiar with Marvel comics...

Nexus, the drug in the commercial this week, is actually the portal that unlocks multiple dimensions. I think now that we saw Agatha controlled Pietro in the doorway, she probably plucked him from the X-Men universe, then brainwashed him to act like this universe’s Pietro.

Also - someone mentioned the episodes have followed the five stages of grief.

Episodes 1-2: Denial
Episodes 3-4: Anger
Episodes 5-6: Bargaining
Episode 7: Depression

Last edited:
Too bad...everyone on youtube wanted to spoil this day one. Sure maybe most would figure it out before..but literally youtubers ruined the twist...so kinda sucks but yes..makes sense.

Too bad...everyone on youtube wanted to spoil this day one. Sure maybe most would figure it out before..but literally youtubers ruined the twist...so kinda sucks but yes..makes sense.
. I think they really shouldn’t have named her Agnes. That is the only reason so many predicted it. Way too on the nose.

There were six different sitcom episodes...if they wanted to get creative while giving a hint...she should have had a different character name each episode.

A - Amy
G - Ginny
A - Abby
T - Tina
H - Helen
A - Alex

My first thought when we saw Agnes in the basement with Sr. Scratchy was AHA! Ralph is the bunny. Also Yo Gabba Gabba being canon is the most important info we got

Some quick thoughts...
  • I was getting really tired of the sitcom format and this week in particular I felt took away from some much needed story progression. Glad to see this was the last one mimicking that format.
  • I kinda hate Agatha is the big bad...for all the talk of the show runners saying “there will be misdirects”, everyone called this after episode 1. Either way - should be a good conclusion.
  • So the engineer was just some soldier? Yeah that was a major letdown...
Overall - I’m still really enjoying this show, but I feel like it had a strong 2-3 episodes in the middle and I’m beginning to find the mystery to not be much of a mystery at all. Hope next week brings some genuine surprises.
I still don’t know that Agatha is the ultimate big bad. In the comics, Wandas kids are Demon spawn from Mephisto’s soul. At this point, if Mephisto is involved, I think it’s Ralph. In the comics the kids can be used to summon Mephisto so I wouldn’t be surprised to see it happen here.

I think the order of operations goes:
- Wanda controls the Hex
- Pietro controls Wanda
- Agatha controls Pietro/quite a bit else
- Agatha is trying to contain Mephisto as one of those animals, but if he escapes... Mephisto controls Agatha?

. I think they really shouldn’t have named her Agnes. That is the only reason so many predicted it. Way too on the nose.

There were six different sitcom episodes...if they wanted to get creative while giving a hint...she should have had a different character name each episode.

A - Amy
G - Ginny
A - Abby
T - Tina
H - Helen
A - Alex
I mean sure but also every Youtuber doing Easter eggs was like "bet they are are a villain" no spoiler warning etc

Just like when we can all have fun like Mando...no one spoilered the moments...though yes its annoying everyone makes predictions off casting. I just wish people wanted to explore the shows as a group instead of looking up Wiki's and trying to figure everything out before it happens...I knew who Winter Solider was but didn't spoil it for others, same with how Infinity War was going to end but was like "Thanos is going to snap his fingers and kill half the universe"

Personally I knew what was going to happen with her character as soon as they announced her as the “nosy neighbor”

In a related note, I’m starting to think this show could rack up Emmy nominations (especially in the limited series categories)

-Outstanding Limited Series
-Lead Actress
-Supporting Actor (Bettany)
-Supporting Actress (Hahn)
-Casting for a Limited Series
-Production Design
-Period Hairstyling
-Prosthetic Makeup
-Main Title Design
-Music Direction
-Picture Editing
-Sound Mixing/Editing
-Special Visual Effects (it will certainly get a nom for this)
-Stunts

If the season finishes strong it could even get noms for directing and writing in a limited series. Not saying that it will for sure get all of these nominations, but Watchmen and The Mandalorian paved the way for it to happen.

Reactions: Nick
Personally I knew what was going to happen with her character as soon as they announced her as the “nosy neighbor”

In a related note, I’m starting to think this show could rack up Emmy nominations (especially in the limited series categories)

-Outstanding Limited Series
-Lead Actress
-Supporting Actor (Bettany)
-Supporting Actress (Hahn)
-Casting for a Limited Series
-Production Design
-Period Hairstyling
-Prosthetic Makeup
-Main Title Design
-Music Direction
-Picture Editing
-Sound Mixing/Editing
-Special Visual Effects (it will certainly get a nom for this)
-Stunts

If the season finishes strong it could even get noms for directing and writing in a limited series. Not saying that it will for sure get all of these nominations, but Watchmen and The Mandalorian paved the way for it to happen.

ehh the comedic writing especially for the last three episodes will prevent it from outstanding limited series...

it will likely get the same categories as mando.

If I had to guess - I think we will look back on this show after 5 live action series this year and say this was the most uneven storytelling wise.

The predominant theories I’m seeing going around are that Evan Peters is either playing Nicholas Scratch (son of Agatha) or possibly Nightmare.

Also, notice we saw Dottie for the first time since episode two, tonight?

Oh, and to go to what the SWORD Director is working on with CATARACT, it seems like he wanted to get Vision, but since Vision can’t leave, I’m going to take a giant leap and say he’s going to try and get Ultron to try and counter.

James Spader returning as Ultron would be a fun development, but it would also absolutely cement Hayward as a paper-thin antagonist if he has to resort to bringing in a previous supervillain.

But then again, I dislike everything they've done with Hayward up to this point, so why stop now? :lol:

Watched a couple episodes, and it's a perfect example of why I think streaming will drive theaters to the brink if they don't innovate big time in the next ten years.

The only movie that Vision and Dr Strange were in together was Infinity War and they shared no scenes.

Paul Bettany and Benedict Cumberbatch were both in a movie called Creation. So it's not Dr Strange. Not saying he wont show up, but the big character surprise that Bettany has always wanted to work with is not Cumberbatch.

Here's the quote from Bettany

"Truth is, of all of the characters we were trying to keep secret, a lot of them got out through leaks," Bettany said. "There is one character that has not been revealed. And it is very exciting. It is an actor I've longed to work with all of my life. We have some amazing scenes together and I think the chemistry between us is extraordinary and fireworks on set."