Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

WDW 50th Celebration

Yes. They went in a far too garish and colorful direction with it. Too similar to the Christmas projections, which I also don't particularly like; feels way too out of place at the end of a 1930s Hollywood street (which has a nighttime atmosphere that is otherwise first-rate).
Agreed. After we finally cleared the deck around the Chinese Theater (cough HAT cough) I was hoping that would again be the park weenie, especially since they put a new ride there as well.

I think they're avoiding using the Chinese Theater as the symbol since they don't own the likeness (I'd guess it's licensed from the owner). I can't believe Disney either hasn't purchased the real Chinese Theater to eliminate the issue or they could have kept the Earful Tower which had been the park's icon.

Honestly though, I kind of love the projections on Tower of Terror. I interpret at it as the building is now populated by ghosts of people in the building at the time of the strike who are partying for eternity. I've always enjoyed it when parks light up the windows at night on their facades as it allows me to pretend that the characters are inside going about their business (whether it's Hogwarts students enjoying a dinner feast or Ewoks relaxing in their candle-lit treehouses above the Star Tours queue).

Unfortunately I do think the pandemic ruined any grand plans they had for this celebration. Everything so far looks fine to me but I know others wanted way more. I think they will be announcing more offerings in the future. As the crowds return and the Disney parks division is in a more solid financial position.

Posted this in the Destination D23 thread, but it’s worth dropping here, too.
Cautious optimism that PTN will be announced for WDW this coming weekend. Supposedly both MK and DHS are under consideration for where the parade will end up.

Loved PTN when I saw it in DCA. Need a good nighttime parade in MK. Not too sure it goes well in HS. Route seems way too small to hold the crowds it would draw.

Loved PTN when I saw it in DCA. Need a good nighttime parade in MK. Not too sure it goes well in HS. Route seems way too small to hold the crowds it would draw.
But there would be crowds. Right now, no one has any real reason to stay at DHS past sunset with no Fant! or proper fireworks show.