Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

WDW Resorts - Update & Rumor Thread

People today want suites with separate bedrooms and sitting areas rather than one room. They want family suites so parents and kids can have separate areas. This is why Art of Animation is suites. Especially when you're paying top dollar like the Poly charges, you want a room to match the price. It's hard to justify the price they are charging when you can stay at a Marriott down the road and get a suite for less money.

Part of the appeal of the Poly is location and it’s on the monorail line. That adds value.

Unless I suddenly win millions, I’d never stay at a deluxe Disney resort.

Part of the appeal of the Poly is location and it’s on the monorail line. That adds value.

Without a doubt it's location that sells them, especially for MK access, but a lot of people want more than MK and it's hard to justify what they charge for those rooms when you're not going to MK everyday. It's one of those things where I've stayed at the Contemporary twice, and loved it. I would never spend that much money on a room like that again though since I'm not spending my whole vacation at MK.

Without a doubt it's location that sells them, especially for MK access, but a lot of people want more than MK and it's hard to justify what they charge for those rooms when you're not going to MK everyday. It's one of those things where I've stayed at the Contemporary twice, and loved it. I would never spend that much money on a room like that again though since I'm not spending my whole vacation at MK.
Agreed. For a park goer like me, it’s a place to sleep after being out all day/night. I don’t do deluxes because I rarely use the amenities.

Just wizzing by on the monorail I always thought the whole place had a 1970’s esthetic using only off-the-shelf lumber sizes. Hokey. Imagine if Animal Kingdom was themed to such a standard! I never knew the rooms were hinky too. Eew.

Agreed. Never stayed there because it was too 70-ish but not in a good way.

I would argue that it also has a nostalgia draw as well. However, I know some people love the place. I love the Contemporary (ironic that I don't like the 70's look of Poly) and some people hate it. It's just nice to have options.

I would argue that it also has a nostalgia draw as well. However, I know some people love the place. I love the Contemporary (ironic that I don't like the 70's look of Poly) and some people hate it. It's just nice to have options.

That’s the great thing about Disney and Universal now. There’s a resort for everybody.

Now that the transport system within WDW has been expanded, POP Century is going to my go to resort.

I like the rooms, it has the Skyliner, it’s close to Disney Springs and it’s at the edge of the bubble for when you want to escape for a bit.

Everybody has a preference.

That’s the great thing about Disney and Universal now. There’s a resort for everybody.

Now that the transport system within WDW has been expanded, POP Century is going to my go to resort.

I like the rooms, it has the Skyliner, it’s close to Disney Springs and it’s at the edge of the bubble for when you want to escape for a bit.

Everybody has a preference.
You forgot the most important factor for you. ...It's cheap. :grin:

I don't believe that Scottish has anything to do with it. If you can sleep at Pop, you have more money for food, drinks, souvenirs, drinks...Did I mention drinks?

It’s close proximity to Disney Springs and the Skyliner to World Showcase and you’re sorted.

I stayed at Poly in Feb. While the DVC studio was amazing, it was crazy how dirty the hallways and elevator were. Tons of neglect. Just crazy for what they charge.

That's embarrassing. Sorry for that. Never experienced on my stays but like you said, for what they charge and for what DVC costs plus what members pay in maintenance, unacceptable.

The lighting isn't in place for the sidewalk between GF and the canal yet, so it could only be open during daylight hours right now (which is all MK is open anyway)

I think it looks good. Gotta admit that the “front door” of the Poly is severely lacking compared to other Deluxe Resorts, and even some Moderates!

The Grand Floridian Society Orchestra will have their final performance on October 3rd after 32 years.

This is a huge loss, imo.

I believe a jazz trio will be replacing them sometime soonish. I think they are looking for something more low key. Like this.

Last edited:
I walked past the Poly today and they have cleared out most of the rooms between GCH and Luau Cove. It looks to me like they are setting up air locks on the end of the buildings, which I assume is asbestos removal/abatement. I can't imagine why in 1970/71 they were still using asbestos, but MK seems to be filled with it in the original hotels, the tunnels, central shops, etc., which means any remodel is more costly and involved with the removal process.