What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa?? | Page 73 | Inside Universal Forums

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't think Busch ever announced it's reopening, I remember being the only person in line while the rest of the park was at a 30+ minute wait
I did ride it this summer, I'm not sure when

What is the issue with FF?
Last I heard, the catch car was having issues and they were waiting on a special part

I haven't been able to confirm it...but...seems right lol

Reactions: anihilnation
I did ride it this summer, I'm not sure when

Last I heard, the catch car was having issues and they were waiting on a special part

I haven't been able to confirm it...but...seems right lol
Thrill Data says from 7/28-08/06, wonder what happened to close it again so quickly

Reactions: shiekra38
*Looks at Jungala*

Wow, are they finally going to build a coaster there?
It’s honestly too bad, Jungala is a newer area to the park and it kinda flopped with the GP. Ever since Sesame opened up the street it really went down hill. The last time I was in there (I believe it was 2015 or 2016) it was the deadest part of the whole park, I just went there to chill and relax since I had a friend that was heat sensitive with me.

But honestly it hurts, what was it all for? So they can get rid of Python? Why even bother at that point, Jungala has cursed this land and I hope whatever is coming lives up to the hype.

It’s honestly too bad, Jungala is a newer area to the park and it kinda flopped with the GP. Ever since Sesame opened up the street it really went down hill. The last time I was in there (I believe it was 2015 or 2016) it was the deadest part of the whole park, I just went there to chill and relax since I had a friend that was heat sensitive with me.

But honestly it hurts, what was it all for? So they can get rid of Python? Why even bother at that point, Jungala has cursed this land and I hope whatever is coming lives up to the hype.
Jungala was supposed to be a much bigger project that had its major ride moved to SW (Mako)

As far as the new development, I'm hearing family coaster

They were in talks with GCI to bring a woodie, but I'm hoping those plans fell through lol

A Gerstlauer bobsled would be pretty great in Jungala tbh
Absolutely!

Also, not sure if I shared this here before, but, I overlayed Fire Chaser Express from Dollywood onto the Jungala plot

I didn't even have to move backstage roads..and the ones from Dollywood lined right up with the ones at BGT...quite bizarre

FYtViLaWQAAcAeI.jpg

Original (For reference)

Untitled-1.jpg

Jungala was supposed to be a much bigger project that had its major ride moved to SW (Mako)

As far as the new development, I'm hearing family coaster

They were in talks with GCI to bring a woodie, but I'm hoping those plans fell through lol
I read that on Screamscape too, hopefully it's not true or got axed haha. You'd think after the horrible run the OG Gwazi had, they'd know better than to try to build a wooden coaster in Florida. Anyway, an eleventh roller coaster comes dead last on the list of things BGT sorely needs right now... not that that's stopped them in the last 7 years, but eventually it should lol.

That's interesting to know about Jungala though--I guess it would've been intended for a much different demographic if the concept had originally included something like Mako. To me it seems like its downfall was just that the park didn't really advertise that there was anything in it to see or do, which they needed to do because most of it isn't visible from the main path. It took me years to notice there was a path to see the tigers up close! Also, the fact that they closed half of it including the hang glider ride (arguably the coolest part from the two times I got to ride it as a kid) pretty much took all the appeal away.

I read that on Screamscape too, hopefully it's not true or got axed haha. You'd think after the horrible run the OG Gwazi had, they'd know better than to try to build a wooden coaster in Florida. Anyway, an eleventh roller coaster comes dead last on the list of things BGT sorely needs right now... not that that's stopped them in the last 7 years, but eventually it should lol.

That's interesting to know about Jungala though--I guess it would've been intended for a much different demographic if the concept had originally included something like Mako. To me it seems like its downfall was just that the park didn't really advertise that there was anything in it to see or do, which they needed to do because most of it isn't visible from the main path. It took me years to notice there was a path to see the tigers up close! Also, the fact that they closed half of it including the hang glider ride (arguably the coolest part from the two times I got to ride it as a kid) pretty much took all the appeal away.
Honestly I saw a ton of promotion for Jungala back in the day.

The idea of Jungala looked very good at the start. Big play area, multiple new animal exhibits, 2 restaurants, and the show with the characters written for the land. But then that whole area kinda lost energy once the show and the flyers closed, now when you go back to the Wild Surge area you just see confused guest doing a quick U-Turn outta there. I really don't think we need another GCI though, would probably prefer any other coaster type to be honest