Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

Hearing that Turn It Up will be ending this year. Also heard that the Sky Ride may not open until after the summer
The Sky Ride is the perfect ride for everyone in a park full of thrills

I will be really disappointed if this continues to be pushed off and just shuttered completely

New sign outside the Pantopia Theater shows that 4 different acts will perform starting tomorrow through next month. There was a big coming soon banner over it when I saw it so I couldn't see all the acts but one was Team iLuminate from AGT, seemed like 2 singers, and an acrobatic group. We'll probably hear more about it sometime this week

Last edited:
Hearing that Turn It Up will be ending this year. Also heard that the Sky Ride may not open until after the summer

Turn It Up ending could potentially be great news. I'd really love to see something more theatrical, like the shows that came before it, take its place.

Strange that the Congo train station has been reopened but not the sky ride. I wonder if some components got damaged in the years of disuse?

Has anyone seen any progress or starting up again for Project Jethro? I know some pieces of the air tanks were over by Kumba for a while, just wondering if the old Rhino Rally station area has had anymore work done? I'm sure whenever the Sky Ride opens we'd have some more answers.

I'm guessing it's a quick and easy build, and if the goal is spring of 2023 they really don't have to do anything for another couple of months. There seemed to be work happening on the site just a few weeks ago.

Has anyone seen any progress or starting up again for Project Jethro? I know some pieces of the air tanks were over by Kumba for a while, just wondering if the old Rhino Rally station area has had anymore work done? I'm sure whenever the Sky Ride opens we'd have some more answers.
I’ve seen construction workers go in and out over there the past few days, haven’t really seen any progress progress lately though

I'm guessing it's a quick and easy build, and if the goal is spring of 2023 they really don't have to do anything for another couple of months. There seemed to be work happening on the site just a few weeks ago.

That's true being a flat ride and all, was just hopeful we'd see something more happening even it were que shade structures lol

I agree, this thing will probably pop up overnight lol

We all know they aren't concerned about theming it

Plus the entire thing is sitting in the employee parking lot by Kumba

Maintenance has picked up on Falcon’s Fury over the last few days, also saw some maintaince being done on one of the sky ride supports earlier

Way more frightening...and unexpected
I'd probably love that experience. The scariest part of the ride is hanging against the restraint even though I've gotten used it and just let my body go slack these days. The restraints are pretty tight because of the tilt, but maybe you get to feel the airtime even more in the front facing position.

Hopefully it's back up soon. It's the only flat ride I care about for now (not that there are many options). I'd honestly be fine with another flat ride addition after the Screamin Swing before the next coaster since FL is so deprived of them.

With all these Intamin Family Coasters getting put in at the Sea Worlds I wonder if BGT is going to get one as well

I would love to see a highly themed-ish one in the same vein as Firechaser Express (not an Intamin, but they can certainly pull that off)

Would love to see a Jungle expedition type theme, an easily upkept show scene...done-zo

Or a Family Giga :tease:

With all these Intamin Family Coasters getting put in at the Sea Worlds I wonder if BGT is going to get one as well

I would love to see a highly themed-ish one in the same vein as Firechaser Express (not an Intamin, but they can certainly pull that off)

Would love to see a Jungle expedition type theme, an easily upkept show scene...done-zo

Or a Family Giga :tease:
Could one possibly fit behind Tigris?

Also I would expect FF to open in the next week, it tested all day and ride ops seem to be training

Last edited:
Could one possibly fit behind Tigris?

Also I would expect FF to open in the next week, it tested all day and ride ops seem to be training
You could probably fit something small there, I personally would utilize the shuttered playground area in Jungala

Untitled-1.jpg

With Firechaser Express overlayed

Untitled-2.jpg