Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

Perfect next step for BGT along with the screamin swing.
A lightly themed family coaster would help balance that side of the park

Particularly a fun backwards launch and showscene

And before anyone says "what about Cobra's Curse" the answer is you can't have too many multi-generational rides

Wasn't the screaming swing originally supposed to go behind Tigris?
I hadn't heard that, but there is a nice flat ride sized plot behind Tigris

Project Jethro is supposed to lead to something bigger I heard (Hotel, Walking path too and from the hotel, Major Coaster)

But that was a different management team so it may have been shelved

Other than a hyper or faster launch coaster, I think BGT has solidified its thrill rides. Just needs more family and indoor experiences.
I agree, I get the whole "thrill capital" branding and wanting to be the Cedar Point of the south

But if you've been following Cedar Point at all you know that they are taking a major shift in their branding and expansions as well

I suppose it's a bit more complicated because SW is doing the same thing with adding coasters...but they've always had a good balance with each other

If I were in charge of SW and BGT I would push more in a Dollywood/Silver Dollar City direction...more charm, higher presentation value, and more lightly themed experiences

If I were in charge of SW and BGT I would push more in a Dollywood/Silver Dollar City direction...more charm, higher presentation value, and more lightly themed experiences
I definitely think Sea World/BG we’re the leaders in that type of experience among the regional parks but since the whole Blackfish incident have been trying to repair their image.

Hopefully they will truly get back to providing that with the right STABLE leadership.

I definitely think Sea World/BG we’re the leaders in that type of experience among the regional parks but since the whole Blackfish incident have been trying to repair their image.

Hopefully they will truly get back to providing that with the right STABLE leadership.
I agree, I was being a bit cheeky when I typed that because all those things were products of the AB days

Personally I think they’ve been going the wrong direction the last six months: “optimization” run amok, closing food/merch locations left and right, Ignite 360 is just an excuse to shut the coasters down 30 minutes early to save labor - the whole thing reeks of being run by a hedge fund mana… oh right.

Made a lap of BG tonight and the place looks like a ghost town with the number of shuttered buildings and kiosks.

Became a first-time SWO/BGT passholder this year and as of now, don't plan on renewing.

SWO closes Kraken/Atlantis 2 hours prior to park close. And when it is open, they're both running with slow operations. That 5% surcharge on dining is absolutely bonkers.

They're also the most expensive theme park to dine in since they want guests to purchase the all-day pass, which leaves passholders behind. Their food festival prices are at ridiculous price levels (same for Universal).

Disney is the cheapest theme park to dine in (outside of table service restaurants). For $15 I can get a great meal at Satu'li Canteen, at SeaWorld I get decent chicken tenders for $18.

Personally I think they’ve been going the wrong direction the last six months: “optimization” run amok, closing food/merch locations left and right, Ignite 360 is just an excuse to shut the coasters down 30 minutes early to save labor - the whole thing reeks of being run by a hedge fund mana… oh right.

Made a lap of BG tonight and the place looks like a ghost town with the number of shuttered buildings and kiosks.
Wow that’s crazy to hear. I haven’t been to the parks recently so that’s disappointing to read. They were doing much better financially at the beginning of this year.

Became a first-time SWO/BGT passholder this year and as of now, don't plan on renewing.

SWO closes Kraken/Atlantis 2 hours prior to park close. And when it is open, they're both running with slow operations. That 5% surcharge on dining is absolutely bonkers.

They're also the most expensive theme park to dine in since they want guests to purchase the all-day pass, which leaves passholders behind. Their food festival prices are at ridiculous price levels (same for Universal).

Disney is the cheapest theme park to dine in (outside of table service restaurants). For $15 I can get a great meal at Satu'li Canteen, at SeaWorld I get decent chicken tenders for $18.
I've stopped going to SeaWorld/BGT ever since I got my job at Universal. Everything is less expensive. Paying for small lockers is ridiculous.

I've stopped going to SeaWorld/BGT ever since I got my job at Universal. Everything is less expensive. Paying for small lockers is ridiculous.
Universal has surprisingly aggressive price points on certain things

SW and BGT have a micro-transaction feel to them in a lot of areas

Yet, I still spend less on an AP/Merch/Food when I am there