What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Will the Walking Dead Return for Year 5?

Will it come back?

• Yes

Votes: 40 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 32 44.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
I think we all know that many fans on this forum and elsewhere are over the Walking Dead being part of Horror Nights. Now HHN 26 is almost 6 months away.

After all the rumors of the past few years of creative being over it, fans being over it, and whatnot - along with everything else.....

Do you guys think we'll see it return for a 5th year?

No, it's been proven that Orlando doesn't need TWD. This season has very little material to adapt from. Most of the season takes place in Alexandria, and really the only adaptable thing would be the Wolves, but chances are we're getting The Purge again so why have two similar houses?

I voted no, but make no mistake--I'm sure UOR would grab it in a second if they could. Still #1 show on TV, they've been one of only two outlets in the country for it. Still brings crowds, sells merch.

But ... Sally (?) debuted that ride at IAAPA. You don't show off a prototype like that unless you have the IP rights. And if you have the IP rights, you don't cheapen them by letting someone else do a similar (albeit walk-through) attraction in another theme park.

I voted yes, but not because I want it back. Im just guessing it will be back. I love the walking dead, and have liked all the houses, but I would be ok if they stab it in the head.

I voted for yes, due to that it can still, even with the problems; make money. I mean, when Hollywood is rumored to have a YEAR-ROUND version of the IP; you have to think that it's not going to leave.

And personally, I hate the IP; but it does make sense to have it back, financially.

I don't want it to be back.

I think it might be back. It's almost certainly "back" in Hollywood, at least.

I don't think it'll return but then again I didn't think it would return last year and the year after that. With each season having less and less memorable moments being adapted to scenes, it's just inevitable the cows utter went dry. I'm sure it'll most likely come back just cause, but after last years bomb and horrible reactions from it, I think/hope it's run it's course

I voted yes but I don't want it. UC is bound to do at least one lazy house so it will be this.

Can we count on 8? 9? 10 ? :) houses? Can't wait to give them my money

I voted yes because Fear the Walking Dead exist, and it has the name recognition of TWD while technically being different enough for a new house.

Honestly, if it comes back at this point, I wouldn't really care. Last year's house was probably the best TWD house yet, and it was still lackluster. But with the # of houses we got, it's not like one is being taken away for it.

I voted yes but I think this year is the best chance at seeing it not return. Personally I feel it has a 60% chance of returning. So I'm not confident it's coming back but I'm leaning toward it returning.

I voted yes but not because I want it. Still wildly popular with the GP and unless they have issues with AMC securing again, I think it's back. I actually liked last years house aside from the tub puddlers scene. I had a few good runs last year most due to the cast.

I voted yes but not because I want it. Still wildly popular with the GP and unless they have issues with AMC securing again, I think it's back. I actually liked last years house aside from the tub puddlers scene. I had a few good runs last year most due to the cast.
Yeah I agree with this. For me being someone who is fortunate enough to go many nights I overhear and listen to the GP talking quite a bit. The walking Dead and Freddy vs. Jason seemed to be the most talked about, Bone Collector seemed to be popular as well.:)

End of the day... the people who truly don't want the Walking Dead to come back are the people like us. The fans. The hardcore who will go regardless.

Whether we like it or not, there are guests who still come simply for the Walking Dead. It's a no brainer business decision. I'm sure creative is just as wiped out on it as we are.

If the Walking Dead comes back, it's strictly a business decision. Nothing less, nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.