Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 148 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If as we are speculating they build an elevated train between the two areas.How big a jump is it too building more connections between parks,Boats,Knight bus,Monorail, and walking paths.
Reopen island skipper tours with studio stops.

Last edited:
Theme Park Review snapped a few pics of the buildings in Lost Continent "on the chopping block" to make way for the pathway from the Hogsmeade arch to the new Hogsmeade train station:

uniupdate_25.jpg

uniupdate_26.jpg

Huge hourly capacity. If true, they've made me a believer.

Seriously...Does the Tomorrowland Transit Authority hold that much per hour too? I don't know if they could but maybe on their busiest days. Kudos to them if they can pull this off. But what am I saying, it's Universal! Have faith!

Seriously...Does the Tomorrowland Transit Authority hold that much per hour too? I don't know if they could but maybe on their busiest days. Kudos to them if they can pull this off. But what am I saying, it's Universal! Have faith!

I'm not sure what TTA's capacity is, but it's not 5000. Spaceship Earth is one of the biggest in Orlando, and if I recall correctly from when I worked there, it was only about 2500 per hour. So this would be double SSE's capacity in both parks. That's pretty crazy.

I'm not sure what TTA's capacity is, but it's not 5000. Spaceship Earth is one of the biggest in Orlando, and if I recall correctly from when I worked there, it was only about 2500 per hour. So this would be double SSE's capacity in both parks. That's pretty crazy.

If it is 5000 per hour. But there are a lot of variations on what this could look like.

What I fear is that we are going to get a "Conservation Station" situation. (Which is doubtful because Universal is smarter than that).

Not even close. The TTA has 32 trains, each holding up to 20 people. The ride is about 10 minutes, so that gets you a capacity of about 3,840. But then again, the top speed of the train is 36 km/h while the top speed of the TTA is only 11 km/h.

Courtesy of Screamscape
www.screamscape.com

2014 - Potter Phase 2 / London / Project 722 - (2/29/12) Lets talk a bit more about that Hogwarts Express project today. According to Screamscape sources the transportation ride hardware may be provided by Doppelmayr, who recently created the Ocean Express themed funicular transportation system for Ocean Park in Hong Kong that travels through a 1.3 Kilometer long tunnel and through the use of a two train system, it can transport up to 5000 passengers an hour in each direction. Also of interest here is the fact that the inside of these trains were wired up with fake video screens pretending to be glass-ceiling panels for an undersea voyage. Sounds a little familiar?

While the Hogwarts Express wont be a Funicular going up a hill, or even through a tunnel, the company does also make a series of regular cable powered shuttles that transport riders on aerial tramways. You’ll find a few of these in Las Vegas or various airports around the world. Now, the insides of these cable cars will be an entirely different matter, and will appear more like the inside of what I believe is called a “sleeper car”. (Forgive me if I’ve used the wrong term… I’m not train person.) The interior will feature a narrow walkway down one side of the car, with individual doors leading into the separate rooms, each furnished with a pair of face-to-face seating bench seats, with a single large window (ie: video screen) to the outside world on the far wall end. This will be your window into the Wizarding World for the duration of your journey between London and Hogsmeade.

seite710.jpg

.​

if they are moving that many people per hour, I wonder how large, and just how long the journey will actually be. I like the idea of the cabin cars as well. Although, Im not sure how they board people as quickly if they all have seperate doors

oh ok...im thinking more like a couple of entrances and then a long hallway (like a real train)...but if it's like the monorail where there are multiple entrances then it could work.

Status
Not open for further replies.