Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 149 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
After some research, Some pics i found...
op_railway05.JPG

Oceanpark%20Train%20interior.jpg

op_railway04.JPG

op_railway03.JPG

Hogwarts train
SDC11672.JPG

Maybe this old map is giving us the :thumbs: on the plan. (train tracks)
the-wizarding-world-of-harry-potter-theme-park1.bmp

Those pics look excellent and incredibly themed. Hope we have something of that kind of quality coming our way. Though 3-minutes sounds hella short, I'm sure it'll still be a must-see.

the distance between the two areas is not that large. I am thinking 5 min max with a train going at a fairly average speed. Those train pics are great, and I can kind of see what to expect. As far as what will occur outside the windows? Well maybe just scenery. I wonder if London will be "snow covered" as well, or if it will just be regualr buildings. If that's the case they could show snowing, or other weather effects. It's hard to say.

And look at how warped that sea turtle is! Was he run over by a steam roller on his way to the ocean?

Actually, this was executed quite nicely (or as nicely as you can with just TV screens). But this has the advantage of putting at least a little bit of distance from the passengers and the screens by having them on the ceiling.

--- Update ---

Whoa. I just had a massive "aha!" moment.

Glasses-free 3D technology exists. It's expensive, but it exists.

Now, stay with me here (there's a point to this). If anyone is familiar with Sony's 3D display for the PS3, it has a mode that allows one person to see one picture, while another person sees something completely different. The swap off is that it's no longer in 3D, but it's still really neat.

But that's using shutter frame 3D glasses. We don't want that.

The concept of glasses-free 3D is the same as those little cards that have pictures that "move" when you look at it from different angles. So theoretically you could take one of these glasses-free 3D screens, program it according to different viewing angles, and OMG I AM A GENIUS! The only drawback would be the lack of 3D, but, in a sense, it would be achieving the same effect they use at the end of Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey with the great hall scene BUT IN REAL TIME.

I have absolutely no faith that Universal is clever enough to figure this out and or pull it off, but I can rest easy knowing that it's possible.

--- Update ---

And on a final note, what do you guys think the chance is for The Knight Bus having a home somewhere near Diagon Alley? Even if it was just a photo op I'd love that.

Last edited:
There are videos of this Ocean Express thingy at Ocean Park Hong Kong. In practice, it is basically... dreadful, uninspired and yes... FLAT.

That's because whoever did the effects/videos sucked.

The ride system is viable.

But really, if people are expecting Forbidden Journey out of this thing...I think they have to realize what it is first and foremost, which is a transportation ride like the TTA.

Yeah, maybe even have some very basic motion base movements to simulate speed. I can see them having the individual compartments seating 4-6 guests like the "real" Hogwarts express.

Capacity will be hell if that's the case....

Well, perhaps you know for a fact that it is going to be a TTA style ride. I don't know that and I would surely hope not.

What else were you expecting? It's a transportation ride, not a thrill ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.