Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 155 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again, I am with KingK on this... I see a coaster combo of Big Thunder/Space Mountain speed, multiple magnetic stop/slow glide scenes with 'whoop' drops that surprise and scare slightly; more slow than mummy but also more scenes. The ride cannot go that fast or it will defeat the themeing. Deceptive track movements, a loud waterfall collision... tons of clever tricks of the eye and yes, even projections. Mummy is about as close as it comes, but it has to be much different, much more clever.

I really can't see how people are justifying their views on how this ride should be tamer than Forbidden Journey. I mean. Have you SEEN the sequence in Deathly Hallows? It's one of the most intense sequences I've seen in any movie.

I'm really envisioning it to be a bit more thrilling that Mummy/FJ. I could easily see it having multiple fast segments while going Vault to Vault. I mean, i'm all for the land having a broad audience appeal and such, but we already have the rest of Wizarding World and Phase Two to make up for that. I think if it's not made to be thrilling, it's going to be a really big let down on Creative's part.

No, no. I personally never said that this should be tamer than FJ. I never mentioned FJ compared to this. Also if this is a high speed, high thrill roller coaster, I'll be more than happy for myself. I said I like intense rides, but I think this is not going to be an intense coaster, I think it'll be a ride designed to appeal to broad range of people. It might have some faster parts, but I doubt it'll have inversions or violent movements that would turn off younger kids and "wimps" of all ages ;)

Once again, I am with KingK on this... I see a coaster combo of Big Thunder/Space Mountain speed, multiple magnetic stop/slow glide scenes with 'whoop' drops that surprise and scare slightly; more slow than mummy but also more scenes. The ride cannot go that fast or it will defeat the themeing. Deceptive track movements, a loud waterfall collision... tons of clever tricks of the eye and yes, even projections. Mummy is about as close as it comes, but it has to be much different, much more clever.

KingK is saying the opposite.:lol: This is what I'm saying.

There won't be a whole lot of room for fast coaster segments, though. Remember, this will be indoors.

They can't make another main ride that is highly restrictive. Doing that will be a failure. This is the ride for the expansion. Yes the train is there, but we don't know what the deal with that is yet. They need this ride to be available and appealing to more people than FJ was. It will be a thrill ride. But it's not going to be a super thrill.

And if you call a hugely detailed, mildly thrilling, state of the art ride that "makes Forbidden Journey look like It's a Small World" (actual quote from an insider)...well, I dunno what to say.

When I mentioned fast segments, I should've used the word transitions and movements, as Teebin mentioned.

I honestly think that FJ wasn't restricting at all. I mean, the 48in height requirement is average, same as with the Mummy. That's easily the height of a six year old and up. The only restriction that I honestly think affected the ride in terms of appeal is body dimensions (and even that was fixed to a certain extent). So I'm not sure where the highly restrictive aspect that you mention comes into play. I don't think that building something more thrilling with the same 48in requirement will hinder or be a failure for Universal at all.

From what's been said, I still believe it's going to be more thrilling than FJ. Also, I've never said I wish it was a high speed off-your-seat rollercoaster. I'm fully expecting a state of the art Dark Ride/Coaster hybrid that'll blow the seams off my pants.

Last edited:
I was just looking at Amity demolition pics and pondering how much time Sinbad, the tent, and ice cream stand have left in this world. Post Spring Break or Summer?

^ A few months ago, someone on here said that all of the contracts were up for the Sinbad show. Is there any more word of that, from other sources? I haven't heard a peep since. With the water management plans we have seen, I find it hard to believe that Sinbad is going anywhere soon. Appears that it might just be a covered tunnel being installed next to the theater.

Yeah I would not expect the Sinbad theater or area to be demolished and knocked out of the picture. If that would have to be knocked out of existance we would of either seen something or certainly of heard of something trickled down by now due to all the staff that works on the show being out of work within the next month or two if that were the case, we would of heard or read something.

As for how intense the new E ticket will be. It can still be thrilling without being an intense coaster. Spiderman and Forbidden Journey are great rides and some of the most popular attractions on earth. As Teebin already stated different elements of sensory overload make an event or experience more chaotic. That is what this will be doing. I don't see them going over a 44 inch height requirement.

Last edited:
Considering we just lost an attraction with no height requirement, they should either keep the new attraction's height req as low as possible or work on another attraction elsewhere that appeals to everyone.

Just FYI, Jimmy Neutron had a 40 inch height requirement, so more than likely Despicable Me will too if they are just recycling the ride system. Is this the kiddie attraction meant to counter whatever thrill ride they conjure up for Phase II?

Last edited:
No. Because there is no alternating balance. We are still down a ride that everyone could ride with Jaws. Harry Potter already has two intense coasters and a tall height requirement ride for some families with Forbidden Journey. This Phase will probably as already said not go over 44 inches for the main E ticket. Universal wants as wide as audience as possible with this.

I just don't want Uni to add some stupid flat ride like Disney has with Mater's Junkyard Jamboree in DCA to offset the height restrictions of the main E-ticket. A walkthrough attraction would be nice though, as those obviously has no restrictions whatsoever.

No to mention, even though it is technically just transportation, the Hogwarts Express probably wont have any height requirements, either.

That argument has no validity in my humble opinion.

To put that concern to rest, Spiderman has a height requirement of only 40 inches. And that is an E Ticket to combat almost all E-tickets in most opinions and in many, it is THE E ticket.

Again. I would put money on the main new attraction going in to be around 42-44 inches.

Just FYI, Jimmy Neutron had a 40 inch height requirement, so more than likely Despicable Me will too if they are just recycling the ride system. Is this the kiddie attraction meant to counter whatever thrill ride they conjure up for Phase II?

Is it due to the ride system or due to the programming? I remember they toned down CTX/Dinosaur and lowered the height limit.

That venue has always been 40 inches since it was The Funtastic World of Hannah Barberra I believe. The height requirement there, much like Spiderman is due to the lap bar style.

Hogwarts Express would be one new attraction without a height requirement that benefits both parks. I forgot about that. And I honestly wouldn't mind a new flat ride for kids in WWOHP2 or Kid Zone.

Just because Jaws could accept all heights doesn't mean that it should have. Many children under a certain age were terrified by that ride. Any responsible parent would never have taken a very young child on it. Same goes for Terminator. So let's stop kidding ourselves that we need a ride replacement for those under 6 years.

Reactions: Felipe
Just because Jaws could accept all heights doesn't mean that it should have. Many children under a certain age were terrified by that ride. Any responsible parent would never have taken a very young child on it. Same goes for Terminator. So let's stop kidding ourselves that we need a ride replacement for those under 6 years.

I went on Jaws, Great Movie Ride(with Alien scene) when I was a young child as well as a lot of others and loved it. Not all kids are terrified easily. Some kids just get it, some adults don't even get it. It is all about individual cases of maturity. That is another topic altogether though.

A replacement is not needed but with something as popular as Potter they want to go for a vast audience as possible that the entire family can ride and then exit through the gift shop together from. It already has two large coasters and a pretty thrilling 46 inch height requirement dark ride. One would think that it will be a pretty safe bet that The E Ticket will not be at or over 46 inches for the expansion. Mild physical intensity adrenalin but filled with spectacle.

But no one is saying that. We're saying Universal needs an E-Ticket geared more towards whole families. Which like Splatter has said, can be done with the obvious example of Spiderman.

Have to agree with Teebin on this one. It can still be a family ride while having Mummy's height restriction also. More thrill and fun for all, where's your harm in that. If you really wanted a more tamer experience or something all the family can enjoy, I'm sure the new Hogwarts Express will suffice just fine. Hopefully they add a great walkthrough attraction too.

Status
Not open for further replies.