Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 158 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome finds, ReelJustice!

I think so, Teebin. It seems most logical they'd set up a cofferdam (there goes my word of the day! :thumbs:), drain the section of the lagoon in front of Amity, and then build out. Maybe there'll be a permit filed for it ;)

Some credit goes to Teebin for getting the link to the search engine. I'll take the rest for figuring out its mysterious 2003 tech. I like how the inspectors leave comments about the project on the page. Apparently the height of the wall wasn't in the plans as recently as a month ago.

Now we know why there is no Cinematic Spectacular tech there.

Thanks Felipe, but Reel whippersnapped me yesterday and showed me the way forward. :smiley: That said, I reexamined the water management docs and it seems the answer might have been there all along. Areas in pink.

waterfront.png

As these are the rocky areas between the piers, I don't believe a coffer will be necessary. Let's see if I am correct.

I'll take the rest for figuring out its mysterious 2003 tech.

Aaaah... you noticed the copyright on that too. Back then, the only way to make things work in IE was to break every rule in the book and put in a bunch of programmer clause statements. Now that everyone is playing by the rules, it don't werk.

Liquid Nitrogen is cheap and standard water fog screens are in use on attractions at both parks. The question you should ask is why liquid nitrogen fog instead of regular water based fog.

Density? Better image projection quality? Colder gas will keep it's "shape" longer and rise/disperse more slowly.

Last edited:
Also, there's the factor of seeing it in daylight... I think it's not a neat enough effect unless the bricks actually look real. However, it would be cool for there to be some sort of mysterious mist before entering the area!

Also, there's the factor of seeing it in daylight... I think it's not a neat enough effect unless the bricks actually look real. However, it would be cool for there to be some sort of mysterious mist before entering the area!

Well, if it's for Platform 9 3/4 it will be indoors. If it's for Diagon Alley, then they got a problem. Plus, with Diagon Alley the bricks open up, you don't walk through them, so I don't know that it would be as effective for this. I'd just make the Diagon Alley entrance(s) as stationary brick arches, or maybe better if the bricks on the arches "magically" move/shift slightly every once in a while, but still as solid bricks.

Sort of like this, but with bricks:

[video=youtube;l1xbFjunLHs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1xbFjunLHs[/video]

:thumbs:

Last edited:
I'm looking at the Arabian section of Lost Continent on Google Earth, and I really cannot see how Sinbad can stay if/since we're getting the Hogwarts Express. The area between Dragons and Sinbad's exit is fairly narrow. The narrowest section is 50' between Fire/Fireball and Sinbad facade.

Guess I'll keep looking for demolition permits.

Last edited:
^ There has to be some kind of path expansion towards the DC tracks...

Status
Not open for further replies.