Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 415 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or, if Mr Potter isn't making an appearance but a certain other (far superior) character is, The Wizarding World of Bellatrix Lestrange :thumbs:

Or, if Mr Potter isn't making an appearance but a certain other (far superior) character is, The Wizarding World of Bellatrix Lestrange :thumbs:

tumblr_lnupvpGLo81qcwisvo1_500.gif

Sorry to crush that dream/idea :p Don't get me wrong, I'd love floating candles myself! but it'd be VERY hard/engineer-y and expensive to pull off right.

In the ride they use two thin wires to carry the power down to the candles, which also serve as the suspension and most theme parks' required two-point safety attachment. You could buy the candles with the built in timer which come on at dusk, stay on for 5-6 hours then stay off til dusk the next day. Set it and forget it. If you have light enough candles, you could use magic thread to suspend them, which is nearly invisible. Same thing used on the floating wand effect in hogsmeade.

In the ride they use two thin wires to carry the power down to the candles, which also serve as the suspension and most theme parks' required two-point safety attachment. You could buy the candles with the built in timer which come on at dusk, stay on for 5-6 hours then stay off til dusk the next day. Set it and forget it. If you have light enough candles, you could use magic thread to suspend them, which is nearly invisible. Same thing used on the floating wand effect in hogsmeade.

Something like this?
DSC_3200_zps00c8f3f0.jpg

I went to the WB making of HP studio tour at the weekend, fantastic day out. I will eventually do trip report but need to sort 300+ photos first.

Whilst there I ws on the lookout for anything that may be phase 2 related. The following pics are all Gringotts based.

DSC_3520_zps5476ca10.jpg

Maybe we will see these guys as AAs in the banks queue area

DSC_3478_zpsf3dd6cbd.jpg

DSC_3466_zpsbce245eb.jpg

DSC_3464_zps4b435e53.jpg

Possible themeing?

DoorPoster_zps3d3ded26.jpg

DSC_3320_zps84db8e7b.jpg

DSC_3319_zps6d7269b1.jpg

Gringotts mine ride?

DSC_3323_zps658b6cb2.jpg

DSC_3308_zpse87d7e8b.jpg

DSC_3329_zpsb5861765.jpg

DSC_3311_zpse55b9953.jpg

Last edited:
Great pics, thanks. It will be interesting to see if this attraction is soley based on the last movie, or if it is like FJ set in a generic time period somewhere betweeen books. I say this because the first movie seemed to do a good job of showing Gringotts too. Are they trying to stay away from the earlier films?

Good point about the magic thread! You might even be able to get it an UOR, if you know where to look :look: (or I'm sure you can get it elsewhere, too, and maybe cheaper)

Status
Not open for further replies.