Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 459 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Three dimensional brickwork...

- - - Updated - - -

Of course you get a shot with Guinness in my hand. :lol:

I like the bottom one as everyone is headed to see "the guy" :lol: Let the buzz begin!

IMG_0344_zpsdaf1a4bd.jpg

I had no idea that UNI cared about the picture taken (I had seen folks post on here that stuff like this was going on for transformers). Anyway, my camera was not out when we were walking to MIB after riding mummy. Now seeing were those shots were taken, I guess we went by just before something went down. I was surprised to see so many folks taken pictures all hanging out together. We were just passing by when I heard the 'tourist' with the umbrella yell to the photographers if they got his good side, then one of the guys in the group yelled back "what are they building over there?"

That is about all I caught of what happened, just finding it odd that it appears I saw the start of whatever happened that day although I never saw any security and we were just passing by, but I do assume I saw some of the folks that took those photos.

I don't think they'd do that just because they would have to give up a lot of table space to meet fire code to handle the kind of capacity that would need to be a major passthrough for the land. Now that you bring that up, I'm curious to see if they'll have a clearly marked entrance on the waterfront side of the building, or if they'll separate it, or just have a non-descript door that's there to use but doesn't have a sign. I'm sure it has been discussed, but I can't recall it.

EDIT: That was for BlackMamba, all those posts popped up while I was typing! :lol:

I had no idea that UNI cared about the picture taken (I had seen folks post on here that stuff like this was going on for transformers). Anyway, my camera was not out when we were walking to MIB after riding mummy. Now seeing were those shots were taken, I guess we went by just before something went down. I was surprised to see so many folks taken pictures all hanging out together. We were just passing by when I heard the 'tourist' with the umbrella yell to the photographers if they got his good side, then one of the guys in the group yelled back "what are they building over there?"

That is about all I caught of what happened, just finding it odd that it appears I saw the start of whatever happened that day although I never saw any security and we were just passing by, but I do assume I saw some of the folks that took those photos.

I'm the guy who photographed the good side :lol:

Im curious, I guess we will know when the facades go up.
I don't think they'd do that just because they would have to give up a lot of table space to meet fire code to handle the kind of capacity that would need to be a major passthrough for the land. Now that you bring that up, I'm curious to see if they'll have a clearly marked entrance on the waterfront side of the building, or if they'll separate it, or just have a non-descript door that's there to use but doesn't have a sign. I'm sure it has been discussed, but I can't recall it.

EDIT: That was for BlackMamba, all those posts popped up while I was typing! :lol:

Wow, from the sound of things, I thaught maybe you guys were taking some "risky" photos, either from a questionable area, or over the wall maybe, or through a wall crack, etc. but busted for taking pics from just the walkway?!?!?! Isnt there policy that you can take any picture from any guest-accessible areas? We need to find out if it is in fact published that you can take any pic you want, so if anyone gets approached again, you can simply say "Am I not in a guest accessible area? Am I in a restricted area? Your policy says...." When I got yelled at for a through the wall shot, he said I could take any picture, as long as it is not through a wall crack, not any construction photo altogether! I am just stunned.

& I especially hate being told I cant do something, especially if it isnt justified or there is no official rule or policy in place of it, on top of being threatened to be tossed out, let alone the fact if what I'm doing isnt dangerous or disruptive to myself or anyone else, so I, or any of us here, shouldnt take it. Here is there policy & restrictions info-

SECURITY & RESTRICTIONS

For your safety we have enhanced the security procedures at both theme parks and ask for your understanding and cooperation.

Please note the following restrictions:

All bags, backpacks or packages will be inspected prior to entering the theme parks.
We recommend you leave unnecessary articles in your car and secure valuables in your trunk.
The following are additional items that are not permitted: any type of weapon, alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, large duffle bags, folding chairs, and large umbrellas.

We offer a variety of fresh, delicious food for our guests to enjoy at restaurants and concession stands throughout our resort; however, we understand that guests may need to bring outside food and drink into our parks. Please note the following guidelines for bringing food and drink into our parks:

Acceptable items:

Bottled water
Small snacks that do not require heating
Any food required for medical purposes and medically–indicated nutritional supplements
Any food required for special dietary needs
Baby food/baby formula
Soft-sided insulated bags no larger than 8.5" wide x 6" high x 6" deep

Prohibited items:

Picnic lunches
Food that requires heating or refrigeration
Alcohol and glass containers
Hard-sided coolers
Soft-sided coolers larger than 8.5" wide x 6" high x 6" deep
Coolers, suitcases, and bags with wheels

Please be advised that all bags and personal items are subject to inspection.

& here is the link-

https://www.universalorlando.com/Resort-Information/Policies-and-Restrictions.aspx

What I'd recommend is printing this out, so if you ever get approached again, you could pull it out & point out to them that there is no published policy saying that you are restricted from taking any types of pictures from within guest areas of the park. So if they wanna play the make up their own rules for a power trip & harras guests game, we can play right back with the you cant do that game & showing them the proof that there is no such rule or policy, oh yeah!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh & if there is anyone here who has any lawyer friends, perhaps you could get some more advice from them, Id like to get as much ammunition to fight back with as possible as Im sure yall would to!

Status
Not open for further replies.