Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 461 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldnt really answer that until they showed me in writing that in fact I couldnt take pictures.
One thing is for sure, next time I go, I will be visiting guest services & simply ask them what the rules are as far as taking pictures are, yet even more ammo we could use if we ever had to, especially if they say I can take pictures from any guest area, & than get approached by anyone. Knowledge is power, so if they tried anything, perhaps we could turn the tables on them & sue for harrasment??

One thing, and this may not be popular with the forum, but it's infinitely better to comply with a request from security than to argue it, because it's so easy for tempers to flare and for you to be labeled as belligerent and face legitimate consequences for that. The best policy is to act as directed, especially if this involves any shots that were taken over/under/through a barrier, as Universal Parks and Resorts could have a safety/security/financial reason for not wanting non-personnel to have such shots. It's safer to bring an unsatisfactory experience involving a UO team member to guest services (note, please be kind to guest services)

Also from my personal perspective, its just not worth the headache and financial cost of hiring a legal team (especially sine a UO one will e better funded) for something like lost pictures, which would be quite difficult to argue in open court your personal loss over the financial/safety/security risk argument that UO would make.

Last edited:
^I'm not talking about over/under/through a barrier shots, or shots from restricted areas, that's something I would NEVER argue with security over, that would just be stupid, & I totally understand them saying something if they saw you do that. This is about taking a picture from a guest area, & there being no such rule/policy published for what you can or cannot take pictures of. As far as obeying a request, that's why I wanted to see what exactly there policies are, so I wouldnt look stupid & I knew what I was talking about if approached & I respectfully said there is no policy saying I cant take a picture, or could ask them "Is there currently a published policy that you could show me that says I cant do what you are saying I cant do?" If they insisted, of course I would stop, but I would ask to see a superviser, than talk to guest services. As far as hiring legal help, I never said anything about that. I was just asking if there was anyone who knew a lawyer who could just ask for some quick advise on the matter.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, & if I may ask Hatetofly, did they say why you couldnt take pictures?

Got this from the top of the Simpson's ride. Lot of steel work going on.

attachment.php

JungleSkip said:
I couldnt really answer that until they showed me in writing that in fact I couldnt take pictures.
One thing is for sure, next time I go, I will be visiting guest services & simply ask them what the rules are as far as taking pictures are, yet even more ammo we could use if we ever had to, especially if they say I can take pictures from any guest area, & than get approached by anyone. Knowledge is power, so if they tried anything, perhaps we could turn the tables on them & sue for harrasment??

I suspect your under the false assumption that they are required to present all rules in writing. They can and do have rules that are not present in the map for example no where does it say you can't hop over the load gates at any of the rides. The problem you run into is when you do something that you were told not to (taking these pictures after a warning) or endanger someone (hop the load gates) they have the right as a private property owner to ask you to leave. They don't have to present it to you in writing, it is their legal right.

Oh, I HOPE they throw me out. I'd love it.

Can you imagine the crap storm they'd set off by tossing out any prominent member of the theme park community? I'd love to see it.

I don't mean this in a disrespectful way, but your not a prominent member of the theme park community. Your a prominent member of this theme park fan community. Big distinction. And as far as imagine if, I know of more then one Six flags park that has thrown Robb Alvey out, and he is a prominent member of the theme park fan community. All it takes if someone brings it up to PR is the statement that you were ignoring park policy after a warning from park personnel, so you were removed from the park.... done.

^Well as Briman said, he said they did nothing wrong, & I believe them. So just because security says you cant do something doesnt automatically mean they are right.

Well either way, now I know to make sure no security is around before deciding to take some innocent non-over/through the wall pictures from the walkway just to avoid any unnecessary hastle, but who knew it would have to come to that, that you would have to worry about if your gonna get harrased or not just for some pictures. & even if there is security, there are plenty other areas to get pics from, they cant be everywhere all of the time, so in a way its not that big of deal. I'm done ranting about it, I wont say anymore on the subject until I get more info, as Im just trying to help everybody here in case they should fall into a similar situation. Thats all for now!

^Well as Briman said, he said they did nothing wrong, & I believe them. So just because security says you cant do something doesnt automatically mean they are right.

Well either way, now I know to make sure no security is around before deciding to take some innocent non-over/through the wall pictures from the walkway just to avoid any unnecessary hastle, but who knew it would have to come to that, that you would have to worry about if your gonna get harrased or not just for some pictures. & even if there is security, there are plenty other areas to get pics from, they cant be everywhere all of the time, so in a way its not that big of deal. I'm done ranting about it, I wont say anymore on the subject until I get more info, as Im just trying to help everybody here in case they should fall into a similar situation. Thats all for now!

Don't take my statements the wrong way. I think it's a dumb policy that will only serve to anger fans as well as possibly some tourists who are mistakenly identified as fans. I'm just presenting that simply in the terms of can they do this, yes they are 100% in the right. PR wise it's pretty stupid.

Don't take my statements the wrong way. I think it's a dumb policy that will only serve to anger fans as well as possibly some tourists who are mistakenly identified as fans. I'm just presenting that simply in the terms of can they do this, yes they are 100% in the right. PR wise it's pretty stupid.

Oh I didnt take anything the wrong way, its all good in the hood:thumbs:

When me and my friends did the secret late night show viewing where you get paid 20.00 to watch and rate the show..the guy who originally came up to us had no problem telling us that HP 2.0 was being built. He would have told us everything he knew if he had the time of day. He was like now do you guys know what's all being built over here??..THE NEW HARRY POTTER EXPANSION with Hogwarts Express! lol he obviously didnt care to keep it a secret.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.