Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 643 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if they do theme the walls to Potter, I can't really see it being much, as the walls for the Hogsmeade construction had pretty minimal theming.

For the time being, I really enjoy the references they have to the Jaws and BTTF rides on the walls.

You could just theme the entire massive front facade first and tease the world about what lies behind these buildings?? :look:

You could just theme the entire massive front facade first and tease the world about what lies behind these buildings?? :look:
I might actually prefer if they did that, just so it's something nice to look at rather than a bunch of metal bars and such making up a large chunk of the waterfront area, since it's hard to really discern much past the front facade as it is...

I might actually prefer if they did that, just so it's something nice to look at rather than a bunch of metal bars and such making up a large chunk of the waterfront area, since it's hard to really discern much past the front facade as it is...

HTF was referring to the front being completed soon, becoming a London facade- people will be able to tell what's coming just from that.

Hint for the future: the eyes= the truth ;)

HTF was referring to the front being completed soon, becoming a London facade- people will be able to tell what's coming just from that.

Hint for the future: the eyes= the truth ;)
Yeah, though I can't imagine it'll be much worse than when people could see Hogwarts behind a construction wall and had to wait for it to open (although I don't know how long it was after they completed the castle facade that the WWoHP opened), so I don't think there'll be THAT much pants-peeing :lol:

Yeah, though I can't imagine it'll be much worse than when people could see Hogwarts behind a construction wall and had to wait for it to open (although I don't know how long it was after they completed the castle facade that the WWoHP opened), so I don't think there'll be THAT much pants-peeing :lol:

Expansion of any sort to the most successful theme park land ever created = very wet pants.

Oh yes all kinds of wet :sneaky:

Hello everyone :) i have just joined today and thought i would say hello :)

I have also been closely following the progress of Diagon Alley and was wondering if someone 'in the know' would be able to help me out if possible. I am thinking of visiting Universal next July and was wondering if it is likely that Diagon Alley would be open.

I only ask as we are going to have to book flights fairly soon from the UK and was wondering if we are likely to see this open by then. Hope you can help. Many thanks.

I have also been closely following the progress of Diagon Alley and was wondering if someone 'in the know' would be able to help me out if possible. I am thinking of visiting Universal next July and was wondering if it is likely that Diagon Alley would be open.

I only ask as we are going to have to book flights fairly soon from the UK and was wondering if we are likely to see this open by then. Hope you can help. Many thanks.

:welcome:

Diagon Alley is rumoured to open in June/July next year.

Educated guess would say it would at least be in soft opening, but no one here in the know knows an opening date that they are willing to give, because I don't think Uni has a date they are comfortable saying this is our date for sure. So really, nothing is guaranteed. Weather, logistic issues, etc make guessing at this point impossible. BUT, I believe that Uni is looking for this to be open by July.

Do we have any update as to how far along Gringotts is?

I also have to say...I am just excited for the facades to be honest. I bet the detail is gonna be breathtaking.

So....Lee on WDWMagic says the rumored drop track portion of the Gringotts ride is more of a tilt, but there is a section of the track that will nevertheless surprise riders for sure. A see-saw type action was vaguely suggested :stunned:

Educated guess would say it would at least be in soft opening, but no one here in the know knows an opening date that they are willing to give, because I don't think Uni has a date they are comfortable saying this is our date for sure. So really, nothing is guaranteed. Weather, logistic issues, etc make guessing at this point impossible. BUT, I believe that Uni is looking for this to be open by July.

What if they had the opening on the same day they did for the original area, June 18? That would be awesome because that's also my birthday! :whoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.