Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 675 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night I was at HHN watching the 10:00PM Bill and Ted show when what I thought could only be a Gringott's coast train go by being carried in on a flatbed truck on the perimeter road. I wish I was able to grab a photo but it happened so fast. The trains looked cool, best way to describe what I saw looked similar to the artwork below but there seemed to be fins/bat wing on the sides going vertical and hollow. Can anyone confirm? It looked like just one car/train section.

potter-usf-car-front_zps7eb2597c.jpg

Hmm... great pics Enbee. Do the workers all quit working at noon or something? I can understand that they might no be able to work decorative concrete in direct sunlight, but geeez, I want to see someone sculpting something!!!!!

Do we think there will be a working clock in the King's Cross tower? I don't see any indication that they are prepping it for installation. I guess all they would need is a small hole for wiring, though.

Hmm... great pics Enbee. Do the workers all quit working at noon or something? I can understand that they might no be able to work decorative concrete in direct sunlight, but geeez, I want to see someone sculpting something!!!!!

Not sure if this fits into sculpting or not, but you seem interested in any process along the way. I really know nothing of construction. Anyway, I only took a couple of shots (I may have posted earlier. This first shot was a day before the next shot. Notice the Blue think in between the white on the half circle thing...also, something that I think I see is the bricks (or concrete made to look like brick) laying flat on the wood waiting to be put in place if you can zoom in on the pic.

The next day, the blue thing is gone and there is some 'brick' work under the arch:

Here I just trimmed the that 2nd pick...not sure why, but maybe he is getting ready to sculpt?

But then again, the different angles the shoots were taken from could be why I think I see the 'brick' work not in place in the first shot :blank:

Those are excellent FrankD, thanks. As they needed the keystone bricks to jut beyond the horizontal bricks, they appear to have used forms to support the extra concrete material.

As an added history lesson, here is a bit on KHS&S:

KHS&S was founded in 1984 as a regional wall and ceiling contractor and enjoyed a decade of steady growth amidst the expansion of Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center and the exploding economy of Central Florida. In 1996, the company expanded westward to California and Nevada, beginning the company’s rapid ascent to becoming one of the largest specialty contractors in the United States and the national leader in themed construction.

From the beginning, KHS&S operated under the philosophy that hard work, innovation and treating customers and employees like they wanted to be treated were the keys to building a successful company. The KHS&S Board of Directors vowed not to be bound by tradition, but rather focused on services valued by customers, but untouched by competitors. Correspondingly, within a few short years of its inception, KHS&S developed a model of interstate offices, easily expanded as dictated by customer needs or growth opportunities. In addition, KHS&S developed the industry’s first dedicated preconstruction department which now encompasses a complete range of construction design services that help customers turn concepts into workable construction documents, create one-of-a-kind custom finishes or develop 3D models that virtually replicate field construction.

Reactions: badlactose
Status
Not open for further replies.