Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 127 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some more pictures from this weekend... First up, Hogsmeade - Phase 2:

IMG_8314_zpsf6e95525.jpg

IMG_8315_zpsda9ba075.jpg

IMG_8316_zpsfc9643ef.jpg

Warm Butterbeer! :cheers:

IMG_8319_zps96d0351c.jpg

IMG_8320_zpsb97684aa.jpg

IMG_8321_zps85e91f51.jpg

IMG_8337_zpsbc66ef87.jpg

IMG_8340_zpscceecca3.jpg

IMG_8342_zps385cc5be.jpg

IMG_8353_zpsecf7a1b9.jpg

IMG_8356_zps072802b3.jpg

IMG_8363_zps79fe412b.jpg

IMG_8357_zpsf09f7c2e.jpg

IMG_8358_zpsf543a9a9.jpg

IMG_8375_zps6c47db88.jpg

Are they painting the sound barrier wall?

IMG_8376_zps80c4079b.jpg

Moving onto the Studios side... By SS-33:

IMG_8557_zpsb6f4153a.jpg

IMG_8558a_zpsb106d65e.jpg

IMG_8558b_zps35af64a8.jpg

I'll have some DA pics tomorrow. Good night! :wave:

Last edited:
Heard that while it will be cramped, the shade from the buildings and ac coming from inside the stores may actually help the streets feel cooler. Also, expect zonkos to close around March, maybe even earlier. G.B will be tamer than The Mummy but more thrilling, dont know if that makes sense.

Ellen is scheduled to visit in April if the progress on D.A goes on smoothly.

Last edited:
12164155646_6e839f80f8_b.jpg

What sort of lighting package is the London Facade getting? This picture it appears as though they will spell out "King's Cross" lit up or that's a lot of goose neck style lights perhaps?

Also what's the point of building false walls just behind the facade on London side if the window matches the hole made in false wall?

Last edited:
Here's a few shots I grabbed from Springfield yesterday afternoon. The doorway to Diagon Alley was open and easy to see thru.

DSC00276.JPG

DSC00277.JPG

DSC00278.JPG

DSC00279.JPG

DSC00280.JPG

Also, here's construction workers working yesterday. I heard comments from other saying they didn't see any:

DSC_1059.JPG

DSC_1057.JPG

DSC_1052.JPG

DSC_1050.JPG

DSC_1045.JPG

Hooray! Looks like the pink is getting ready to disappear. Just as a personal side note, I've always loved working out of a man lift as opposed to scaffolding, although I fully understand the utility of the scaffolding over a man lift for pure accessibility. It looks like they are so much farther along on the inside of Diagon Alley than we thought they would be at this point. Or at least, farther than I thought they would be.

It's looking Grand :) Thanks to all those who have provided photo updates, it's really appreciated over the pond.

Warm Butterbeer, however, would be PERFECT for The Warner Bros. Studio tour over here... drinking cold Butterbeer is no fun in the often cold British weather! (We went in January last year... it was rather chilly!)

Im really interested in how they are going to do crowd flow for the two rides. HE line back towards sanfran? Diagon across the bridge and around the lake?

There is literally zero chance that this will happen. I understand the desire for it for authenticity's sake, but Comcast is not about to close down a big money maker like Ollivander's for a tea shop. No way, no how. There is constantly a line that's an hour long. They're not crazy, Ollivanders will stay.

I pray that Olivanders in Hogsmede gets the boot for the tea shop.

Really interesting how the workers disappeared for a while, along with HtF's hint that there were problems. I'm wondering whether we'll end up with things cut from this ride ala FJ. Regardless, glad to see them back to work. The photo updates are wonderful guys - I keep spotting all these details that I never noticed before.

There is literally zero chance that this will happen. I understand the desire for it for authenticity's sake, but Comcast is not about to close down a big money maker like Ollivander's for a tea shop. No way, no how. There is constantly a line that's an hour long. They're not crazy, Ollivanders will stay.

But will the hour long line remain? Will it continue to be a big money maker.

However, I will posit the following questions/thoughts:

1) HTF posted pictures of the following windows: Zonko's, Honeydukes, and Wiseacres. I'm not sure if we were supposed to read into that at all, but perhaps the Wiseacres window display will be replaced with Zonko's during the switcheroo.

2) Again, HTF posted a picture of the Dragon Challenge entrance. I remember there being talk of moving the entrance because it kind of just blends in in its current spot. Perhaps he just found that particular shot inspiring. :shrug:

3) If the Dragon Challenge Entrance moves, then there may be room for the addition of a tea shop between the current train station and the owl covered seating area. "Its (Warm Butterbeer) going to launch in a yet to be revealed addition… :sneaky:"-HTF

I'm sure I'm looking too much into things, but it's Monday morning, it's raining, and I'm bored at work.

But will the hour long line remain? Will it continue to be a big money maker.

However, I will posit the following questions/thoughts:

1) HTF posted pictures of the following windows: Zonko's, Honeydukes, and Wiseacres. I'm not sure if we were supposed to read into that at all, but perhaps the Wiseacres window display will be replaced with Zonko's during the switcheroo.

2) Again, HTF posted a picture of the Dragon Challenge entrance. I remember there being talk of moving the entrance because it kind of just blends in in its current spot. Perhaps he just found that particular shot inspiring. :shrug:

3) If the Dragon Challenge Entrance moves, then there may be room for the addition of a tea shop between the current train station and the owl covered seating area. "Its (Warm Butterbeer) going to launch in a yet to be revealed addition… :sneaky:"-HTF

I'm sure I'm looking too much into things, but it's Monday morning, it's raining, and I'm bored at work.

Interesting thoughts. Where would you move the DC entrance to though? Short of demolishing the arch wall next to Olivander's and squeezing it between that and the frog choir stage I don't see where it could go really. If the train is staying as-is, you could just about fit a new shop into the space where DC's entrance currently is but it seems like a lot of fuss and disruption for a small gain.

Not intending to dismiss the idea though, it could very well happen for all I know!

I don't know. I agree that Ollivanders has been phenomenally popular and a huge draw, but do we know whether it necessarily drives a huge amount of sales? I mean, I've been through it several times but never bought a wand, and I've seen many people do the same thing. Since there will be a more accurately placed Ollivanders with a much higher capacity in Diagon Alley, it might make sense to replace it with the tea shop, where virtually every person entering will be making a purchase.

I don't necessarily think it will happen, but I don't think it's impossible.

Mountain Dew Cans are the new Powerade bottle.

Double Dew: Powerade's Revenge

P.S. Awesome photos. Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.