Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 128 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
12164155646_6e839f80f8_b.jpg

What sort of lighting package is the London Facade getting? This picture it appears as though they will spell out "King's Cross" lit up or that's a lot of goose neck style lights perhaps?

Also what's the point of building false walls just behind the facade on London side if the window matches the hole made in false wall?

Yes indeed the the words Kings Cross (in white) will appear where the wiring is

I am sure that Universal is biding their time to see what happens regarding the Hogsmeade Ollivanders. If the line in Diagon's never rises above 20 minutes, then I feel confident Hogsmeade's will be repurposed. July and August will tell.

IMG_0356.JPG

4640363830_9e9c2ae51b_z.jpg

Hope I gave some of you guys a little heart attack. These are from real London. It should look like this when done.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jenstar
I don't know. I agree that Ollivanders has been phenomenally popular and a huge draw, but do we know whether it necessarily drives a huge amount of sales? I mean, I've been through it several times but never bought a wand, and I've seen many people do the same thing. Since there will be a more accurately placed Ollivanders with a much higher capacity in Diagon Alley, it might make sense to replace it with the tea shop, where virtually every person entering will be making a purchase.

I don't necessarily think it will happen, but I don't think it's impossible.

Double Dew: Powerade's Revenge

P.S. Awesome photos. Thanks!

I agree about Ollivanders. Sure, its doing good business now, but an improved location will be opening up soon. Why have two stores selling the same thing when you can open up another potentially lucrative shop selling a completely different product in an inferior locations place...

Sorry if maybe I've just missed it, seeing as I haven't been on here as actively as I should be xD But what's the speculation on Knockturn Alley? How are they going to give it that dark illusion that is so clearly portrayed in the walkthrough interactive map on the website? Is it going to be indoors with high and dark-painted ceiling giving the effect of wandering through the alley at night? Or is it just gonna be creepy architecture and stores, but seemingly bright like the rest of Diagon Alley in open sunlight?
P.S. These latest updates have me absolutely ECSTATIC!

Don't know if anyone brought this up yet, but the Lost Continent games are closing today or today is their last day of operation.

About time. Couldn't help but notice Saturday every Butterbeer line was at least 30 - 40 people deep. Meanwhile, I walked past a dozen carnival games--each one manned, with presumably an area manager or two--and not a single one had any business. Give the people what they want, you'll make money, but don't try to see what you can't.

Sorry if maybe I've just missed it, seeing as I haven't been on here as actively as I should be xD But what's the speculation on Knockturn Alley? How are they going to give it that dark illusion that is so clearly portrayed in the walkthrough interactive map on the website? Is it going to be indoors with high and dark-painted ceiling giving the effect of wandering through the alley at night? Or is it just gonna be creepy architecture and stores, but seemingly bright like the rest of Diagon Alley in open sunlight?
P.S. These latest updates have me absolutely ECSTATIC!
It's indoors. Ceiling is the height of the rest of Diagon Alley, so it's very high up.

The hour long wait will reduce, but I think that's a good thing and will lead to even more business overall. I can't tell you how many times I saw that long line for a five minute wand show and thought, "Nope, not today. I'm heading on to Hogwart's". But if it were a more manageable wait, say 20 to 30 minutes, I'd be a lot more likely to take in the show more often.

But will the hour long line remain? Will it continue to be a big money maker.

However, I will posit the following questions/thoughts:

1) HTF posted pictures of the following windows: Zonko's, Honeydukes, and Wiseacres. I'm not sure if we were supposed to read into that at all, but perhaps the Wiseacres window display will be replaced with Zonko's during the switcheroo.

2) Again, HTF posted a picture of the Dragon Challenge entrance. I remember there being talk of moving the entrance because it kind of just blends in in its current spot. Perhaps he just found that particular shot inspiring. :shrug:

3) If the Dragon Challenge Entrance moves, then there may be room for the addition of a tea shop between the current train station and the owl covered seating area. "Its (Warm Butterbeer) going to launch in a yet to be revealed addition… :sneaky:"-HTF

I'm sure I'm looking too much into things, but it's Monday morning, it's raining, and I'm bored at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.