Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 133 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't wait to ride Gringotts. The idea of a hybrid of Transformers/Spider-Man with Mummy sounds soooo awesome. The only bad thing I can think of is that if this ride turns out as awesome as we hope/expect it might make Mummy and these other rides look lame in comparison. I feel like Spidey and Transformers have kind of done that to Simpsons and previously BttF. But that is just me.

I'll take Simpsons any day over Transformers.......which I thought was just a loud, obnoxious, and way less fun version of Spider Man.

I guess I'll also add that a demolition permit was filed for the Lost Continent games. There's also a building permit for a construction wall in that area. Lastly, there's an engineering permit for a sidewalk and pavement for "phase 1" of the project.

I guess I'll also add that a demolition permit was filed for the Lost Continent games. There's also a building permit for a construction wall in that area. Lastly, there's an engineering permit for a sidewalk and pavement for "phase 1" of the project.

I wonder what "sidewalk" means in theme park lingo. All of a themepark's walkways are intended as places for people to move about.

I'll take Simpsons any day over Transformers.......which I thought was just a loud, obnoxious, and way less fun version of Spider Man.

Both of them suck to be honest. Simpsons makes me dizzy now, and it is not really that fun to do. Why would I want to do a joke version of rides I can do for real at Disney and Sea World.
that's what I've always hated about Simpsons ride, It isn't really a simpsons ride until the very end, It is a spoof on famous rides we already have in other parks with the Simpsons in it.

The first time it was funny, the second time it was cute and amusing... by the 5th time I just wanted to close my eyes and get it over with.

I mean, at least the Transformers ride IS a transformers ride even if it is a Spiderman Clone.

I wonder what "sidewalk" means in theme park lingo. All of a themepark's walkways are intended as places for people to move about.

London sidewalks, perhaps? Like, by the facades? :shrug:

Going in Lost Continent :wave:

I cannot recall, but when a major construction project is underway, do they continue filing for permits for every little thing within that project... a permit for every sink, fountain, toilet, sign, light and concrete pour? I would think the London facades alone would have had thousands of such permits if it is required. I cannot imagine this being the case.

The reason I ask is because this may have no relationship to Potter if it is not behind the major construction walls.

Last edited:
I cannot recall, but when a major construction project is underway, do they continue filing for permits for every little thing within that project... a permit for every sink, fountain, toilet, sign, light and concrete pour? I would think the London facades alone would have had thousands of such permits if it is required. I cannot imagine this being the case.

The reason I ask is because this may have no relationship to Potter if it is not behind the major construction walls.

Everything needs to be permitted, but they can group multiple things in the same permit.

Two more small things I've gleaned from the website, etc.:

1. It seems there will probably be a tunnel sequence on the HE as both the CGI model and the sepia/parchment-style map show a train tunnel right before Hogsmeade Station.

Capture-TrainTunnel2_zps04d47728.png

Capture-TrainTunnel_zpsf2f930fa.png

2. I don't know how visible it will be (but there's been a base for it for months, so they are building it), but the second larger dome behind the dragon on Gringotts appears to be nearly destroyed in the website fly-in, obviously where the dragon has broken through. (Sorry, couldn't get a screen capture that really showed it very well. It's much more obvious when it's moving.)

Status
Not open for further replies.