Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 131 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not nearly as bad as it could have been. I like it.

By the way, the other day when HTF confirmed that the sign would be there, I made this really quick just to see how it would look. I was going to post it but never did.

Pretty close, huh?

_MG_3623_zps650c2a90.jpg

(Apologies, I don't remember where exactly I got the original picture or who to credit for it.)

I agree with everybody here, doesn't look as tacky as I was imagining it to be so I approve. GGGhost I did the same thing but never posted it as well. So Leicester, Whyndam and Kings Cross get signage so I assume Grimauld (spelling?) doesn't?

I think it looks fine - and as someone else noted, it will be much easier now for the average guest to find the station. Can't really miss it.

But these pictures of London from across the lagoon remind me of just how much I can't stand looking at those garishly ugly, god-awful CineSpec barges.......

I agree with everybody here, doesn't look as tacky as I was imagining it to be so I approve. GGGhost I did the same thing but never posted it as well. So Leicester, Whyndam and Kings Cross get signage so I assume Grimauld (spelling?) doesn't?

I expect a "Grimmauld Place" street sign on that corner, and numbers by the doors.

Alley_plans.jpg

Number 6 is still a mystery too. Concept art indicates that it's Scribbulus, but TPI says Scribbulus is elsewhere (next to Wiseacre's) and the webcast video indicated that Scribbulus is an actual shop and not just a facade. The virtual walkthrough says #6 is just a facade for a yarn(?) shop. Number 6 could be an actual shop, but if it is then it looks like you exit Ollivander's through it. Would you exit through a yarn shop? Or a writing supplies shop? Exiting through a wand repair shop (the facade next to it) makes more sense...

Ollivander's seems screwed. I think Teebin said something about it earlier, but I can't see how it is really going to work. You enter through the doors labeled "Ollivander's" and are inside what? A shop? A queue? If it's a shop, it's not the same "shop" that the show is in... and once you see one of the three shows you exit back through the same shop?

As has been said before, there is definitely something between Florean's Ice Cream and Borgin and Burkes. There could also be something in between Florean's and Madam Malkin's, (although it could just be storage).

In Hogsmeade, the exit from Ollivander's leads into a combined Ollivander's sales desk/Owl post. Why couldn't the DA exit of Ollivander's lead into a combined Ollivander's sales desk/writing supplies shop? Whatever the facade is, there's bound to be more than just wands on sale in the exit shop.

The entrance to Ollivander's clearly involves an indoor queue, which is more comfortable and no less inauthentic than the outdoor queue in Hogsmeade is. I think that if the queue space used a Leadenhall Market-style roof interior, it could be quite attractive and might feel like a passageway to Carkitt Market. The success of the queue space depends entirely on the treatment, as well as upon how the entrance into the showroom(s) is handled. I'm sure there won't just be a long hallway with three doors at the end.

Could the thing between Florean's and Madam Malkin's simply be dressing rooms, or perhaps another photo op? Photo op appointments would surely would be scheduled in advance, and who doesn't want to dress up like their favorite wizard or witch?

Last edited:
I suppose you are talking about all the average guests that recently underwent a lobotomy. It's not as if everyone is running late for their damn train to Shropshire. :blank:

I believe he means the "average guests" who now have a hard time finding Transformers.

Yay for progress! I understand that the King's Cross sign is necessary for average guests to locate the Hogwarts Express. However, IMHO, the sign looks odd. Definitely not bad at all, but still odd. Maybe it's because that sign isn't on the real KC. Or, maybe it's because, unlike the real KC street signs, these letters seem too far apart. Reminds me of when I first learned Photoshop and would play with character tracking and kerning. Above a certain width, the words look less natural.

tracking-text.gif

So, I have heard ideas presented regarding what a few here "think" the tech is for the Hogwarts Express over the past two years. Not one of these people have ever stated that they know for sure, or the tech and the company that created it.

So, does anyone here know, 110%, what the tech is, and what company worked with Universal to create it?

No conjecture (guessing) please.

So, I have heard ideas presented regarding what a few here "think" the tech is for the Hogwarts Express over the past two years. Not one of these people have ever stated that they know for sure, or the tech and the company that created it.

So, does anyone here know, 110%, what the tech is, and what company worked with Universal to create it?

I have no clue, but maybe a good question for the radio broadcast tonight?

I thought it had been said it is a Doppelmayr cable car system, a big evolution of Ocean Express at Ocean Park.

Here's a question for the board, forgive me if it's been asked. But the hogwarts express is know for the steam billowing out of the engine, even though the train is going to be going through the backlot, is tht here going to be that steam effect?

Here's a question for the board, forgive me if it's been asked. But the hogwarts express is know for the steam billowing out of the engine, even though the train is going to be going through the backlot, is tht here going to be that steam effect?

Pretty sure we know there will be steam effects in the stations.

Pretty sure we know there will be steam effects in the stations.

I'm wondering if we will see it tho when on the tracks. Like I know it will have in station effects. But i mean coming from the chimney of the train as well. The reason I ask is cuz while 95% of the time the train will not be able to be seen cuz it's backstage, seeing steam billowing in the air will. So I'm just wondering if that will be there or not.

I'm wondering if we will see it tho when on the tracks. Like I know it will have in station effects. But i mean coming from the chimney of the train as well. The reason I ask is cuz while 95% of the time the train will not be able to be seen cuz it's backstage, seeing steam billowing in the air will. So I'm just wondering if that will be there or not.

No. Just the train station.

Status
Not open for further replies.