Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 325 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love, love, love the Three Brothers puppets. They captured the aesthetic perfectly. Can't wait to see the shows!

Wow. The puppets are beautiful! Perhaps more of Bryn Court's work?

How big do we think those puppets are? It's hard to tell from the photos. I wonder if they are small(ish) marionettes or larger puppets like they use in stage productions.

EDIT: Just saw the puppets were fabricated by Michael Curry, so probably not Bryn Court. So great, though.

Last edited:
The puppets are made by Michael Curry. He did the puppets and masks for Lion King on Broadway and a ton of puppets at Disney.

The puppets are made by Michael Curry. He did the puppets and masks for Lion King on Broadway and a ton of puppets at Disney.

Yeah, just saw that and added an edit. My bad. lol

But knowing that Curry has done such great work on large productions makes me think these puppets might be really good size.

Last edited:
Yeah, just saw that and added an edit. My bad. lol

But knowing that Curry has done such great work on large productions makes me think these puppets might be really good size.

I would imagine they would have to be so that they can be seen from a distance. Somehow, I imagine something close to the Warhorse puppets:

[video=youtube;dTTsHYPK_YY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTTsHYPK_YY[/video]

Story, the most useless word in theme parks.

:p

And that's why it's still one of the best rides on the planet :lol:

But it's still really, really bad on FJ. In terms of cannon logic and allowing for lay people to experience it. Do you happen to know what those friends disliked about FJ?

Wow! I'm shocked that the Wizard currency can actually be used within the park.

The irony is so many people will by them to keep as souvenirs, I know I will! The smart move would be to make Wizard bills for EVERY common denomination. 1+5+10+20+50+100 = $186 to own the complete set! You know there are people who will do it.

There appears to be something installed on the back of the KC clock tower. Looks like piping of some kind. Thoughts?

Photo via amusementbuzz.com:
100_2541.jpg

It appears to be wrapping around the cap of the tower as well. Possibly for additional lighting?

Last edited:
The irony is so many people will by them to keep as souvenirs, I know I will! The smart move would be to make Wizard bills for EVERY common denomination. 1+5+10+20+50+100 = $186 to own the complete set! You know there are people who will do it.

I think this is strategy, not irony. Universal knows a certain percentage of its guests will buy this currency with no intention of ever spending it. Universal will make a killing off this stuff. It's brilliant.

I would think with the higher denominations the risks of counterfeiting increases. Maybe once they start getting these out there and employees accustomed to what to look for they will start increasing the denominations. Another option that would be interesting would be to make coins, there are already established methods used in vegas to put RFID chips in poker chips perhaps they could adopt those and put them in coins.

There appears to be something installed on the back of the KC clock tower. Looks like piping of some kind. Thoughts?
It appears to be wrapping around the cap of the tower as well. Possibly for additional lighting?

Those are copper gutters under the roof line and on the backside, copper drain pipes. Copper = expensive = good show.

I'm strangely excited to peer through the windows of the used bookstore in 'London'. I really, really hope they have a copy of Stephen Hawking's A Brief History of Time displayed prominently.

I would think with the higher denominations the risks of counterfeiting increases. Maybe once they start getting these out there and employees accustomed to what to look for they will start increasing the denominations. Another option that would be interesting would be to make coins, there are already established methods used in vegas to put RFID chips in poker chips perhaps they could adopt those and put them in coins.

Well, wizarding money is coins so I have a feeling this is what they will be doing. You have Knut which is the smallest denomination. Next up you have the Sickle which is worth 29 Knut's. Finally you have the Galleon which is worth 493 Knut's. Of course, sticking to the "real" exchange rate won't happen because it would get to hard to manage (1 Galleon is equal to $7.35). I could see them doing:

1 Knut = $1
1 Sickle = $5
1 Galleon = $10

At a total cost of $16 for the set, I think a lot of people will buy these for their collection and not spend them. Universal is going to make a killing off these but hopefully they do put the chips in them to prevent counterfeiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.