Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 94 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome! Is he really? I thought it was confirmed a while back that Dan never wanted to play the role of Harry Potter EVER again and thus declined to be in the ride?

I heard the same thing and asked someone I know personally on the creative team and they said he would be. then again, it's just word-of-mouth. I, sadly, havent seen video or anything yet

Welcome! Is he really? I thought it was confirmed a while back that Dan never wanted to play the role of Harry Potter EVER again and thus declined to be in the ride?

You've also got to realize that he kept denying filming for it, so it might be that Universal would like it to be a surprise. They might have done some takes with him when they solidified Gringott's concept. I'm pretty sure that he said that because he doesn't want to do any major filming for it again at this time. He'd like to move on from the role as an actor (understandably - it's hard to sell yourself as a villain, or any other character really when you've been in something so iconic). I don't think he would ever say he'd NEVER do it again, and this is one of those minimal things that is likely the very last time he'll be filming for it... But I do find it funny that he and Universal largely denied him being involved at all when it had just been released...

From left to right - Kings Cross Station, Leicester Square Station, Wyndham Theatre, and Grimmauld Place along with the houses directly to it's left and right... The Leaky Cauldron is located directly inside Diagon Alley rather than being the entryway into it... (Last time I heard anyway)

EDIT: As you can see, Gambit beat me to it :thumbs:
If they use the same layout as the movies, The Leaky Cauldron will face London with the main entrance there and an exit at the side of Diagon Alley. So I'd say it's the building sandwiched by King's Cross and Leicester Square,

Last edited:
The 'CW' stands for Charles Wyndham - theatre actor and manager.

Andrew

Thank you Andrew!

On another note, a template for the leicester square location tiles was captured by allaroundorlando on his blog.

DSC00135.JPG

Looks impressive huh?

Reactions: Felipe
Finally, I was shown a video that zoomed in on the two white medallions on Wyndham; these were over exposed in every other photograph. They do have the W monogram that appears to paired with the letter C... not sure what the C stands for, but they ain't hiding from the name. This leaves me thinking that the redesign is theme park whimsy.

Makes sense. Theme parks seem to love making architectural details (like mouldings and cornices) 'chunkier', more exaggerated. Also, all the other buildings in the 'London' part of the expansion are mostly 'flat'. This change to Wyndham adds a bit more depth and visual interest.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you Andrew!

On another note, a template for the leicester square location tiles was captured by allaroundorlando on his blog.

DSC00135.JPG

Looks impressive huh?

Wow, good eye. This is why I suck at Where's Waldo. I had to stare at that pic for a good five minutes before noticing the template.

Yes, that looks great! Those tiles are going to look so sexy when finished.

Kinda funny that you would participate in
A ride you are trying to escape from. How about "Good times In Gingrotts"lol

If I'm not mistaken, the quote that's been cited previously as confirmation Dan Radcliffe wouldn't be involved was something to the effect of "I'm too old to be running around in a schoolboy's uniform."

But when breaking into Gringotts or riding the Hogwarts Express, Harry doesn't where his school uniform! Touché, sir.

Last edited:
[video=youtube;brw1V2WxIqU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brw1V2WxIqU&feature=c4-overview&list=UUFpI4b_m-449cePVasc2_8g[/video]

Great video from Attractions Magazine, showing off the revealed facades.

Reactions: badlactose
I know it was posted on this site before, but does anyone of the picture of the costumes for the Hogwarts Express team members?

Also, does anyone know if the Live broadcast next week will happen from inside the park?

Last edited:
Thanks for the great pics and video, AllAroundOrlando! :thumbs:

Thank you Andrew!

DSC00135.JPG

Looks impressive huh?

Not just that, but look also where the tile template is, to the left... That looks like the entrance arch to The Leaky Cauldron! They might have that dummy door there as a photo-op and make it more recognizable. Also beyond that, bricks! Lots of brick templates! :smiley:

ifUbujbysqqdQ.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: badlactose
This photo from AllAroundOrlando caught what appears to be a single doorway on the otherwise blank wall in the recess to the right of King's Cross (far right bottom). I'm guessing it will look like the picture Felipe just posted^ and be access to the Leaky Cauldron. Not a main entrance, or even a marked entrance apart from the small hanging sign, but there for authenticity's sake and as a hidden bonus for knowledgeable fans.

DSC00138.JPG

And the plans do show a doorway there, opening into the area that is the Leaky Cauldron.

Last edited:
That would be me and I just so happen to have it for comparison sake. It's funny to me just how accurate it actually was. :cheers:

Image1-4.png

I was so confused by this post. I thought we'd gotten that far along for a second there. It's disturbingly accurate. :lol:

This photo from AllAroundOrlando caught what appears to be a single doorway on the otherwise blank wall in the recess to the right of King's Cross (far right bottom). I'm guessing it will look like the picture Felipe just posted^ and be access to the Leaky Cauldron. Not a main entrance,or even a marked entrance apart from the small hanging sign, but there for authenticity's sake and as a hidden bonus for knowledgeable fans.

DSC00138.JPG

And the plans do show a doorway there, opening into the area that is the Leaky Cauldron.

The plans from AmusementLeaks also show a recess in the wall right around where that archway currently sits, though. I guess we'll have to wait to find out where it'll be placed :shrug:

ibamUhOGzZkRNm.png

ibqZVPZXXRi8Cn.png

Last edited:
This photo from AllAroundOrlando caught what appears to be a single doorway on the otherwise blank wall in the recess to the right of King's Cross (far right bottom). I'm guessing it will look like the picture Felipe just posted^ and be access to the Leaky Cauldron. Not a main entrance,or even a marked entrance apart from the small hanging sign, but there for authenticity's sake and as a hidden bonus for knowledgeable fans.

Mercy, I wonder if that is indeed what it appears to be. Allaroundorlando took some amazing pics, including closeups. He's my hero for the day!

Sorry to be so random!! but How in the hell did we come across "Blueprints" for this expansion?? I had some friends over at (A place that will not be named) get an satellite view of the new expansion. and huh! you'll be surprised what you can see just by looking up .. well down .. if your in the sky.

- - - Updated - - -

has HTF spilled the beans guys about GG's yet??

Looks like you are right :thumbs: and doorway to The Leaky Cauldron as featured in the PoA movie will be featured in that nook to the right of Kings Cross. Per @hatetofly:

"@FelipeWWoHP @AllAroundORL Wrong door but close!!! There will be a LC door but it's featured on the front of the facade in plain view."

"@FelipeWWoHP @AllAroundORL Oh and to the left... ;)"

Sorry to be so random!! but How in the hell did we come across "Blueprints" for this expansion?? I had some friends over at (A place that will not be named) get an satellite view of the new expansion. and huh! you'll be surprised what you can see just by looking up .. well down .. if your in the sky.

@AmusementLeaks posted blueprints on Twitter, but he has since deleted all his tweets. If you look back on this thread and others, there's still links to the plans, though.

Now that its confirmed, is there any chance that that door frame that Felipe found, is actually the piece for the door on the outside of the facade? It is next to several different pieces of facade (bricks and subway tiles). I cant tell, is there actually a hole in that door frame, or is it just propped up against a flat wall?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts