Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 93 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm... It's very interesting to go back and look at the photo mock-up someone (I've forgotten - I'm sorry!) did of the London facades and compare them to what's there now, as they appear to be very accurate, with the exception of some details that have been added on to the buildings.

That would be me and I just so happen to have it for comparison sake. It's funny to me just how accurate it actually was. :cheers:

Image1-4.png

I speculated on what the Fountain of Fair Fortune could be a few months ago. I can't find it on the board (someone might tho). Believe that numerous people speculated it might be a walk up drink counter?

Can you confirm that for me HTF? Or pass it along to OI if that's too much trouble.:lol:

Yeah, my best guess would be a soda fountain to pair with the ice cream parlor. And it makes perfect sense that a wizarding shop owner would name their place after a popular folk tale.

---

Also, OI posted this "extended look" and the newly de-scaffoldified facades. It's got some pretty good zoom shots in there for Teebin. :wave:

[video=youtube;5LS-hcU3mwQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LS-hcU3mwQ[/video]

That would be me and I just so happen to have it for comparison sake. It's funny to me just how accurate it actually was. :cheers:

Image1-4.png

Is that place in the middle supposed to be The Leaky Cauldron? It now occurs to me that it's strangely absent from the London facade; I figured it'd be a shoe-in.

The place is looking great....

I just hope after the crane comes down that Universal puts some big trees up to block the view of the Gringotts show building. Seeing it in the shot ruins the illusion. Seeing it in person is way more of a nuisance.
7DMT actually didn't really start in earnest until around when Potter was announced. You have to remember it was announced separate from the original FLE plans a year and a half later in January 2011.

I think the facade looks really good. Why Leicester square? What connection to harry potter is there? Has anything every been confirmed? Called it be Russell square after all? I mean it looks more like it and it's actually the next stop after kings cross on the Piccadilly line. Is the London facade a journey along the Piccadilly line?

I think the facade looks really good. Why Leicester square? What connection to harry potter is there? Has anything every been confirmed? Called it be Russell square after all? I mean it looks more like it and it's actually the next stop after kings cross on the Piccadilly line. Is the London facade a journey along the Piccadilly line?

I think Leicester Square was assumed because its the tube station next to the Wyndham Theatre (and reference to where the premiers have been). I posted Russell Sq tube station as a possibility because the architectural design is similar and it's in Bloomsbury (possible reference to the publishers of the UK books).

Andrew

Isn't the Leaky Cauldron that white/brown/grey building in between Leicester Square and King's Cross?

ReelJustice even posted a pic of the ramp inside that building a few days ago:

thats what I've been hoping.it looks similar to Leaky from the first movie. I've always liked that look better than the plain brick wall from movie 3.

From left to right what is each part of the facade?

From left to right - Kings Cross Station, Leicester Square Station, Wyndham Theatre, and Grimmauld Place along with the houses directly to it's left and right... The Leaky Cauldron is located directly inside Diagon Alley rather than being the entryway into it... (Last time I heard anyway)

EDIT: As you can see, Gambit beat me to it :thumbs:

Last edited:
Finally, I was shown a video that zoomed in on the two white medallions on Wyndham; these were over exposed in every other photograph. They do have the W monogram that appears to paired with the letter C... not sure what the C stands for, but they ain't hiding from the name. This leaves me thinking that the redesign is theme park whimsy.

Why would "Harry Potter" be in the name of the ride if he isn't even a part of it? He's not the one escaping from Gringotts.

Finally, I was shown a video that zoomed in on the two white medallions on Wyndham; these were over exposed in every other photograph. They do have the W monogram that appears to paired with the letter C... not sure what the C stands for, but they ain't hiding from the name. This leaves me thinking that the redesign is theme park whimsy.

The 'CW' stands for Charles Wyndham - theatre actor and manager.

Andrew

Reactions: badlactose
Why would "Harry Potter" be in the name of the ride if he isn't even a part of it? He's not the one escaping from Gringotts.

Hey! I'm new here. I work at IOA and I've been apart of the commissioning team for Project 722 and I'll also be on the opening team for one of the attractions (they haven't told us which yet, we find out in Feb). I believe Hatetofly already said this but I can confirm Dan Rad IS going to be in the attraction. I hate the "name" though, I think it should be changed to "Harry Potter and The Gringotts Escape", sounds more grammatically pleasing.

While I haven't personally been INSIDE of the ride, I have been behind the london facade and inside Hogwarts Express and I just wanna say...omg. I'm just as excited for the train as to the actual ride.

Hey! I'm new here. I work at IOA and I've been apart of the commissioning team for Project 722 and I'll also be on the opening team for one of the attractions (they haven't told us which yet, we find out in Feb). I believe Hatetofly already said this but I can confirm Dan Rad IS going to be in the attraction. I hate the "name" though, I think it should be changed to "Harry Potter and The Gringotts Escape", sounds more grammatically pleasing.

While I haven't personally been INSIDE of the ride, I have been behind the london facade and inside Hogwarts Express and I just wanna say...omg. I'm just as excited for the train as to the actual ride.
Welcome! Is he really? I thought it was confirmed a while back that Dan never wanted to play the role of Harry Potter EVER again and thus declined to be in the ride?

Status
Not open for further replies.