Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry it is taking me so long to post my video. I am in the process of moving and when I got around to working on it last night I realized I don't have the proper cable to connect my camera to my laptop that I have my HD editing software on. I can only hook it up to my desk top. The video needs some editing and I would really like to slow mo the good parts since it is fairly shaky.

I may just throw it up on YouTube as is and call it good since moving continues today.

Last edited:
Some amazing shots. This is going to be huge!

Would someone in the know mind annotating one or two of the pics to give us a better idea of what everything will be? It would be very much appreciated.

The great photos just keep coming - what a treasure trove of information! Thank you seems inadequate. I particularly loved that close up of the cable guides on the curve exiting the Platform 9 3/4 station. I also saw the HE trains lined up just behind that curve in the back lot. Any chance there's a close up of the detailed side of the locomotives?

Yeah, the Hogsmeade station is right on top of the Sindbad buildings. I wonder what they're going to do with that...

Great work Bob, surprised they came out so clear from a chopper. How low did he go for you?

Just over 20 minutes total. About 12 minutes of it was spent over OUR,

- - - Updated - - -

Amazing Shots guys! Now I just have one question. In last picture in the second batch from "Our Buddy", the train track looks like it's banking. Am I seeing this right or no?

No, I believe the track is flat. It's just an illusion.

Last edited:
The cable guides are offset towards the inside of the curves to help pull the train through the curve. I don't think the track is banked, although the cable guides might be. Remember that the train probably isn't moving very fast.

Okay,

Yesterday we started with the beginning . . .

TheBeginning.jpg

Today we move on to the middle . . .

TheMiddle.jpg

Later we will have shots of both the Cabana Bay Beach Resort and I-Drive Live.

^ Correct.

Specifically it is a: Robinson R44 Raven II Helicopter

I would like to throw a big thank you out to the heli charter company at this. They met and exceeded all our requirements and expectations. :thumbs:

First thing I must write about here is the custom concrete retaining walls of the south station. If it was executed in the same way that I have seen Disney do it (once), then the forms were all custom made of bent plywood with custom cut wooden ribs holding the shape. While the big perfect half circle is something, note the nuanced curves further along. Boggles my mind.

Next, the custom bent steel work of the north station and Diagon's roofs astounds me. It makes me wonder, was it bent on site or prefabbed at another location? How engineers and/or builders got their heads around such wacky shapes and angles leaves me with a headache.

All these photos are absolutely incredible. A 1200% return on my investment!

Status
Not open for further replies.