Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Zootopia (SDL)

The land's name is The Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Diagon Alley and includes both attractions. There is no London land at USF.
Tell that to the tourists that only have a 1-park pass and get pissed in Diagon once you have to tell them the only ride in the land is Gringotts and some people in their family can't go on it. I've had that situation countless times.

And either way, I consider HE transportation more than anything. It's not fun (unless you're a mega potterhead), to me, it simply gets you from place to place. It looks cool, but it's not "fun".

Disney seems to be in love with trackless rides lately, so this wouldn’t surprise me at all.
They're great systems in the sense that they give amazing freedom to move and direct the attention of the audience. But they lack the degree of motion an EMV might have and, at least from what I've seen, are unable to move along anything other than a flat surface (if there are any rides that demonstrate otherwise, I would love to see them). Hopefully they continue to innovate and expand the capabilities, something like the SCOOP vehicle or kuka arm but on a trackless base.

They're great systems in the sense that they give amazing freedom to move and direct the attention of the audience. But they lack the degree of motion an EMV might have and, at least from what I've seen, are unable to move along anything other than a flat surface (if there are any rides that demonstrate otherwise, I would love to see them). Hopefully they continue to innovate and expand the capabilities, something like the SCOOP vehicle or kuka arm but on a trackless base.

I mean, TDL is using a version of the Trackless Dark Ride system for Beauty that is identical to Antarctica, and will be able to give them the free range of movement for multiple ways.

They could just use that, and put it with Zootopia.

I mean, TDL is using a version of the Trackless Dark Ride system for Beauty that is identical to Antarctica, and will be able to give them the free range of movement for multiple ways.

They could just use that, and put it with Zootopia.
That's good to hear. Also just realized that Kong is technically a trackless vehicle that has height variation, but that's slightly different as the vehicle is just programmed to turn in precise increments every ride.

Since I was thinking about the international parks, I looked into the construction status of some of the ongoing projects. Found a good aerial of City of Zootopia (yes, that's what the land is called).

This one is mostly of SDMT (which btw, looks way better than ours simply because it's far more forested) with Frozen in the corner.

Last edited: