Zootopia (SDL) | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Zootopia (SDL)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Perfect for DHS, not for DAK.
Yup. Throw this in Animation Courtyard… had they not already built MMRR. The could’ve turned GMR into something else if they wanted, updated GMR, or honestly put MMRR in it’s more logical spot (Animation Courtyard) with some toon town type vibes and then have the option to do whatever they wanted with the GMR building later on.

Zootopia doesn’t belong in DAK, plain and simple. I’d be okay though if they switched up and put this where Storybook Circus is in MK, but DAK needs attention although not like this.

I’m more “this just simply fits better in animation courtyard or Indy Jones plot” than “I don’t want this in AK for fundamental reasons”.

DHS it just fits better.

Reactions: Jamesh22
I’m more “this just simply fits better in animation courtyard or Indy Jones plot” than “I don’t want this in AK for fundamental reasons”.

DHS it just fits better.
The point is they aren’t even fictional animals as in the case of The Lion King and other movies. They are stand-ins for humans in an animated movie and the stand-ins happen to be different animals with pants.

Perfect for DHS, not for DAK.
Yup. Throw this in Animation Courtyard… had they not already built MMRR. The could’ve turned GMR into something else if they wanted, updated GMR, or honestly put MMRR in it’s more logical spot (Animation Courtyard) with some toon town type vibes and then have the option to do whatever they wanted with the GMR building later on.

Zootopia doesn’t belong in DAK, plain and simple. I’d be okay though if they switched up and put this where Storybook Circus is in MK, but DAK needs attention although not like this.

Agreed, though I would say put Zootopia in Animation Courtyard anyway. If the main ride is good, then along with MMRR we have two good dark rides, simple as that, plus we have a replacement for what is pretty much a dead zone right now.

The other factor is, Zootopia will fit inside DHS, you just can't say the same for DAK since a modern metropolis looks and feels like the complete opposite of the whole aesthetic of the park.

But unfortunately, here's another issue of Disney sitting on their hands instead of building up the parks. When their parks are so far behind on attractions, they're probably willing to throw anything into it at this point. Oh, this thing has animals and Shanghai already funded the R&D? Sure, put it in.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Agreed, though I would say put Zootopia in Animation Courtyard anyway. If the main ride is good, then along with MMRR we have two good dark rides, simple as that, plus we have a replacement for what is pretty much a dead zone right now.

The other factor is, Zootopia will fit inside DHS, you just can't say the same for DAK since a modern metropolis looks and feels like the complete opposite of the whole aesthetic of the park.

But unfortunately, here's another issue of Disney sitting on their hands instead of building up the parks. When their parks are so far behind on attractions, they're probably willing to throw anything into it at this point. Oh, this thing has animals and Shanghai already funded the R&D? Sure, put it in.
The problem is DHS already has a screens problem and this would also be the third trackless ride in the park. It's literally supposed to pretty much be the same type of ride as MMRR so it would be redundant.

Yea this layout would be extremely out of place for DAK so I’m not sure what they have planned for that park if they are thinking of adding attractions.

Let's keep in mind that Bruce Vaugh is now in charge of WDI so it's possible that the plans they had for DAK will not happen and something different will come to that space.

This is me hoping for the best. I'm expecting the worst.

Eh…it LOOKS great but seems like it uses the same bag of tricks as the other trackless rides. Which is fine for the international parks that don’t already leverage that tech, but I’m okay not seeing this come to the states.

Maybe just port over the naked hippo. That was a surprise

Looks pretty good. It does feel like there are a lot of familiar elements as other rides, so the novelty here kinda wares off. Looks better than MMRR and Rat, but I still think Rise is better.

I really hope they don’t just port this to the states cuz im not about to wait 8 years for a clone. Wouldn’t mind something like this at DCA but maybe using a different IP.

I think the neatest element might actually be how much the ride path interweaves, especially in the Vegas section of Zootopia with the nudists. Didn’t expect them to have it loop back into that Vegas strip scene.

Some very nice-looking set work.

Beyond that...? I can live without it. Seems very much like a "Greatest Hits" ride incorporating a little Runaway Railway, a little Rise of the Resistance, and A LOT of Ratatouille.

Of the big trackless rides Disney's built in Asia, I'd much prefer Mystic Manor or Beauty and the Beast come to Orlando.

Last edited:
I was not impressed as it reminded me too much of MMRR. However, one thing that doesn't come through is the motion base of the ride. If it does have better range of motion (similar to Spiderman), this ride could be really special and could signal a marked increase of Disney ride potential. I am still underwhelmed by trackless vehicles and have a bias towards rides with a busbar (this bias is based on a perception that trackless rides are less dependable).

Reactions: JaySalahi