Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 503 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the idea is they all cascade from level to level with the high end at Helios to the low end at the entrance. It may be that it's just going to be a lower water level with a "cliff" around the edge. When you look at how low the seating is in the restaurant you see the water level has to be fairly low in comparison unless the windows are partially submerged...

The middle lagoon is deepest, and closest to an actual lagoon (likely similar depth as USF lagoon). Lower water feature is similar to a reflecting pool outside of the octagon restaurant, but with waterfalls leading down from park entrance courtyard into it. And the upper one is a flat fountain display with cascading water features leading to hotel.

So a real lagoon in the middle, with flatter water things north and south of it.

Go to themeparx yall. Universal Epic Universe

This was the last piece of concept art drawn up before the name was changed from Fantastic Worlds to Epic Universe. Dragons coaster is different. Some hub dining reorganized. And monsters still had its stunt show.

The final art released in August 2019 would not yet update the Potter layout, which had already changed in plans, so they just covered it in fireworks, but it's interesting to see it all here, back when it was mostly in one combined large building.

Oh, and Starfall Racers looked like it was Comets vs Meteors?

This was the last piece of concept art drawn up before the name was changed from Fantastic Worlds to Epic Universe. Dragons coaster is different. Some hub dining reorganized. And monsters still had its stunt show.

The final art released in August 2019 would not yet update the Potter layout, which had already changed in plans, so they just covered it in fireworks, but it's interesting to see it all here, back when it was mostly in one combined large building.

Even the color wash on the art feels more “Fantasy.” Impressed by how much has stayed the same. I kind of wish that cool centerpiece at the parks entrance was still there.

Reactions: OrlLover
Has anyone heard any word (or maybe it’s already been addressed) about Epic Universe Express access during the first few months? Given the best practice for a single new ride is to let the operation work the kinks out before adding an Express queue, I could see the park going without it for a while…but I also am not 100% sure the “issues” a new ride might have with Express in the existing parks would translate to a whole brand new one.

Has anyone heard any word (or maybe it’s already been addressed) about Epic Universe Express access during the first few months? Given the best practice for a single new ride is to let the operation work the kinks out before adding an Express queue, I could see the park going without it for a while…but I also am not 100% sure the “issues” a new ride might have with Express in the existing parks would translate to a whole brand new one.
Express will probably be a thing, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was extremely expensive and annual passes most likely won't have access for a while.

Just saw this last night myself, pretty cool.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee

That hotel though…

The facade for the Monsters dark ride also looks like it's explicitly based on Frankenstein's laboratory tower exterior from FRANKENSTEIN and BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN...
1692900738728.jpeg
I wonder what prompted the change from directly recreating a movie location to inventing sort of an all-purpose manor (inspired by the movies, perhaps, but not taken directly from them).

It's probably too early to say because we don't have the final product yet, but I think I like that Dragons layout better. The land looks a lot tighter in design. The theatre isn't tucked in a far away corner in that design, it's more front and center.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Status
Not open for further replies.