CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread | Page 126 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I know people that live within 15 minutes of Epic and didn't even know what it was ...

Putting a Nintendo store in City Walk may work best, as that will be the main draw to Epic

Reactions: Mad Dog
I think Nintendo is the next iteration of this space after the preview center sunsets.
100% Nintendo store needs to happen here. The current campus needs a Nintendo presence in order to "unify" the resort's properties, and it'd be odd not to have anything Nintendo/Mario related. Not that Pokemon or Zelda aren't recognizable or popular, but Mario is the face of Nintendo and I can't imagine Universal would want to miss out on sales from people visiting IOA/USF as well.

So are we safe to assume that the preview center will open around May/June 2024? I'm curious to see exactly how long it sticks around.

It's possible this predates the Supercharged deal, but NAPA Auto Parts is the (and I quote) Official Automotive Parts, Maintenance And Repair Partner of both Universal Orlando and Universal Studios Hollywood. Which is merely to say this partnership likely runs deeper than their logo painted on the Supercharged building.

I'd also be curious to know how much that partnership is worth financially.

It's possible this predates the Supercharged deal, but NAPA Auto Parts is the (and I quote) Official Automotive Parts, Maintenance And Repair Partner of both Universal Orlando and Universal Studios Hollywood. Which is merely to say this partnership likely runs deeper than their logo painted on the Supercharged building.

I'd also be curious to know how much that partnership is worth financially.
Yeah, but why do we need to see commercials in CityWalk for NAPA? And it's a pretty recent thing so I'm wondering if something's changed in the contract?

Yeah, but why do we need to see commercials in CityWalk for NAPA? And it's a pretty recent thing so I'm wondering if something's changed in the contract?
Does it surprise you though? I mean Universal has way more sales type things within their parks and Citiwalk. I mean the Westgate people are extremely annoying. They don't take no, as you walk by they are still talking to you even though you clearly say no. I even held up my hand and this guy was super aggressive.

• Wow
Reactions: Ahmanet
Does it surprise you though? I mean Universal has way more sales type things within their parks and Citiwalk. I mean the Westgate people are extremely annoying. They don't take no, as you walk by they are still talking to you even though you clearly say no. I even held up my hand and this guy was super aggressive.
Not surprised at all. They've been playing Coke commercials in between music videos for a while now, but I don't think they've ever played non-Universal/Coke commercials before.

Being subjected to commercials in CityWalk feels so obvious to me based on its, uh, whole vibe, that it would shock me to find this is a new thing (even if the NAPA commercials are new).
It's weird - auto repairs are the last thing most people think of (or want to hear of) while on vacation.

Reactions: graspthesun
I don't mind the commercials. I kind of just blank them out and pay little attention to them. I'll actually notice a sign or poster more than a commercial. Bottom line though, none of it bothers me. Plus, they make money for the parks, increase their bottom line, and that's more money for the park budget for new attractions and to keep the parks in good working condition. Plus plus.