USO/IOA secrets | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

USO/IOA secrets

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm not sure if this is a secret really but on our most recent trip to Universal I found it much quicker to enter through the side entrance in front of RRR. I'm sure many already know this but for those who dont this can be a great time saver instead of waiting through the front gates.

HRRR:

Some of the sample songs on the queue posters have the names of some of the Uni creative team...Gundacker, Alfieri, etc.

As a matter of fact as you all may know, this is a very common thing amongst all of the attractions.

There is a theater in the amazing adventures of spiderman named "The Coup", most likely after Thierry Coup, one of UC's show producers.

^
Yeah, I heard about that. I always thought that the snitch was in the window. Whats up with that anyway? Where has it been seen?

I know there's one in Zonko's, I've seen it. I vaguely remember someone say they found one in other places in the WW, elswhere in IoA, and even in USF.

There's also Myrtle in the bathrooms, and the shadows moving in the rafters in the Three Broomsticks.

So when you say the snitch is other places, is it just a physical, non-moving object, or is it the same affect used for the howler and the one location that I have seen the snitch on video.

So when you say the snitch is other places, is it just a physical, non-moving object, or is it the same affect used for the howler and the one location that I have seen the snitch on video.

The one I saw in Zonko's was just an object, like the one outside of Spintwitches, but smaller. I'd venture to guess the others are the same.

USF

-On Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast, at the end of the ride, when Carl is spawning Lamas everywhere, a Dalai Lama (a type of Monk) is spawned on the right side of the screen at the last minute. Most people don't notice that.

In the New York section, There is a basketball court across from Michael's Restaurants, aka Louie's, in that alley where the exit to the arcade is. If you buy a Universal basketball you could play there, until security comes and asks you to move along.

-The Carl Laemmle Statue in the New York section can also be found upside down buried into the floor of the Richter's Burger Co. restaurant in the San Francisco/Amity section.

-The Richter's Burger Co. restaurant in the San Francisco/Amity section was built on top of a huge bass, which from time to time will vibrate the floor.

-At the Lombard's Seafood Grille restaurant in the San Francisco/Amity section, you can walk up to the second story level of restaurant and get a great overview of the park from there.

-On the 2nd floor of the Lombard's Seafood Grille restaurant in the San Francisco/Amity section, there is a painting of a topless women.

-On the Jaws ride, there is a Robert Shaw head stone in the cemetery.

-On Men In Black: Alien Attack, in the queue, if you jiggle any handle on any door, you'll hear a voice or get flashed.

-On MIB: Alien Attack, when you are in Times Square (right after the scene where you shoot at another cart near the end of the ride), on the right side you may see a hat stand, and on that hat stand, the hat wore by The Cat in the Hat (which both rides at UO use the same ride system) is seen laying on that stand, if you shoot it, you'll get a special number of points.

-Animals from the Animal Actors On Location show are rarely out in KidZone, but once in a blue moon they will have a monkey or a dog out.

-On The Simpsons Ride, In the 2nd Pre-Show room (the small room your in right before you go on the ride), if you look around the room, you'll see a couple of "photo frames" (there really drawings) on the wall, and one of them has a "photo" of Krusty the Clown with Matt Groening (the creator of The Simpsons).

IOA:

-The buildings in Port of Entry all have their own dialogs, so as you walk by you will hear people having a discussion in one building, and then the next building might have an argument.

-Port of Entry has a "Rocket Mail" mailbox which you can place your mail into and Universal will mail it off. You can go to the IOA Trading Company (The Store next to it) and buy stamps there, then drop it in the box and you mailed a postcard from Islands of Adventure. They empty the mailbox on Friday and mail on Saturday

-Next to the shell fountain in Port of Entry is a building with some sheets tied together hanging out of a window. That building is a jail, and you can see the 2 bars remain and 2 are missing and under the window is the escapee's message "see ya".

-In Marvel Super Hero Island, If you stand near Captain America Diner, you might hear what sounds like Captain America being killed.

-In Marvel Super Hero Island, Next to the Magneto cut out you might hear what sounds like Wolverine going crazy.

-Outside the Camp Jurassic kids area in Jurassic Park, there is a mine cart and railroad tracks leading to the exit of Jurassic Park.

-In the woods around Jurassic Park, there are bones and eggs, you need to look really carefully but they are there.

-Next to the old Island Skipper Tours Dock in Jurassic Park, there is a prop generator with a red strobe light, every so often it will turn on and a voice will say "the fences are failing all over the park!"

-On the Jurssic Park River Adventure ride, just as you enter the Raptor containment area look to the left and you may see the remains of someone who didn't get out of the path of the raptors.

-When entering The Lost Continent from either Seuss Landing or Jurassic Park, you will hear a jiggling sound, as to say your now entering a world of magic and mystery, its not really loud so almost no one catches it.

-If you are on Dragon Challenge, when you are on the lift, look down and you may notice that the lake
is in the shape of a Dragon.

-In Seuss Landing, the Snookers & Snookers Sweet Candy Cookers candy shop has some Sneech footprints outside the store, step on the one closest to the front of the store and you might get a special message.

-As you enter the bathrooms in Seuss Landing, you might be told a special message by a Sneech.

-In the Kingpin Arcade at Marvel Super Hero Island, just above the entrance/exit you can see Dr. Doom's Throne.

-In Toon Lagoon, there is a nice little photo area at Wimpy's (a plate of burgars)

-In Marvel Super Hero Island, In the Spider-Man store you enter when you exit the store, on the exit heading to Dr. Doom, there is a Doom Bot about 20 feet above the door, some people don't notice that.

-At the end of Port of Entry are a set of Cannons pointing to the entrance of the park, Most people don't catch that.

-Not really a secret but an observation commonly over looked is that the bridge in Port of Entry you enter says "The Adventure begins" and the back/exit says "The Adventure lives on." Most people don't catch that.

-Not really a secret, but in Seuss Landing, there is a nice Photo Area of a large nest and egg with Seuss Bird tree sculptures outside The Cat in The Hat ride exit, some people seem to not really notice it.

-On Popeye and and Bluto's Bilage Rat Barges, you may see a carved out Popeye face in a mountain.

Last edited: