Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

USO/IOA secrets

I always wondered what Metropolis Tribune was in reference to. Any ideas? It's not Superman, he works for the Daily Planet.

i think its a nod to Daily Planet. it was created before IOA and universal had ties with Marvel (which has drawings and concept art to be a DC themed area btw).

Metropolis Tribune facade

Don't forget that the Superboy TV series was one of the first to be filmed at Universal Studios Florida.

i think its a nod to Daily Planet. it was created before IOA and universal had ties with Marvel (which has drawings and concept art to be a DC themed area btw).

I think you hit the nail right on the head. Let's not forget the main NY restrooms are located in the Gotham Waterworks.

I'm sure some of you have been to this spot before, but today was my first time here. Its behind the Popeye raft ride, and you can get to it if you just keep walking past the entrance to the ride. It's my new favorite spot in IOA, we spent 25 mins there in the beautiful 75 degree weather, it was awesome. You can see every island, and it will be great spot to watch the lagoon show if it ever happens.

Also, you'll find this there lol

I'm sure some of you have been to this spot before, but today was my first time here. Its behind the Popeye raft ride, and you can get to it if you just keep walking past the entrance to the ride. It's my new favorite spot in IOA, we spent 25 mins there in the beautiful 75 degree weather, it was awesome. You can see every island, and it will be great spot to watch the lagoon show if it ever happens.

Also, you'll find this there lol

Its a wonderful spot that was created to be a big spot for corporate events in IoA. However, no one ever purchases Toon Lagoon (why would they) and thus it goes very much unused.

My top three quiet spots are (in order); the JP Discovery Center landing, PoE "jetty" alongside Hulk's cobra roll, and the Mythos patio dining area path. The TL area is just behind the Mythos area, mainly because I love the Mythos building. I'm really not a fan of the Seuss Landing or Marvel lagoon views. Something about them just doesn't seem finished or all that impressive.

Those rails aren't the only remaining vestige of Nickelodeon. The men's room nearby still has rhw "green slime" riling on the floor, or it did as of October.