Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion

I don't think they need to tie the icon, or theme or the number (until the 25th anniversery) just make the icon well..... iconic.

I agree!

What I would not like to see at 22, a movie year. I think that movie haunts should stick to one house like The Thing or Doomsday, despite how bad the latter house was. Universal does it's best in my opinion when it works with original content. Maybe 22 could be an idea like insanity or War and the 4 horsemen.

The movie thing has already been done relatively recently with the Usher, so I wouldn't expect another event with a theme of movies. Not for a while... I LOVE the idea of the four horsemen! They should have done that for HHN XX, but since they didn't, now would be the perfect time! What with the whole 2012 and the apocalypse, it fits perfectly! And I love icons, so four icons? Awesome!!!!

The Four Horsemen as icons would be great. I definitely see Uni tying the event in somehow to the 2012 end of the world thing, and the Four Horsemen would make sense with that.

Well lets see, with Jaws closed that means no jaws house... That location would have to be moved somewhere... SS44 possibly if they clean it up.

What no one thinks, Jaws is so close to fear factor stadium that it may go with it... requiring a new location for Bill and teds. 22 may have a whole corner of the park not be the same...

Well SS44 would be a nightmare and would make that area of the park extremely crowded . Ans say good bye to that scarezone.
I think they add another tent house somewhere and B&T moves to Animal Actors or Beetlejuice

Personally I have only ever been to the Horror nights in 2010 for '20 years of Fear'. Loved it, and loved the scarezone and maze dedicated to past houses and haunts. Also loved the Legendary Truth house and Shadybrook. But as a massive movie fan, I would love to go to a year where it has its houses dedicated to horror movies. Was gutted to miss out on the 2007 and 2009 year with the classic horrors. I'd like to go through mazes dedicated to Saw, Dead Silence, Woman in Black, Hostel, Scream, Wolfman, Chucky and Amityville Horror. I know thats all very very very unlikely but I would love Orlando to do what California do with their HHN again

I'm glad the Jaws queue went out with a total hit, right?

I don't think SS44 is a good location. It's too near the rest of the SS houses and they need to spread the love some more.

Now with Jaws gone (and FFL probably too), plus the tents supposedly being relocated, the two-park event is looking more and more plausible.

I'm glad the Jaws queue went out with a total hit, right?

I don't think SS44 is a good location. It's too near the rest of the SS houses and they need to spread the love some more.

Now with Jaws gone (and FFL probably too), plus the tents supposedly being relocated, the two-park event is looking more and more plausible.

Well lets just say Saws and Steam was the best of the worst :lol: As for SS44 ehh I'm indifferent since I thought Horror Night Nightmares was a pretty good house. I have said it multiple times and I will say it again, well see you at IOA for most of HHN XXII.

Well lets just say Saws and Steam was the best of the worst :lol: As for SS44 ehh I'm indifferent since I thought Horror Night Nightmares was a pretty good house. I have said it multiple times and I will say it again, well see you at IOA for most of HHN XXII.

Yup. Becomes clearer and clearer as we move on. USF just doesn't sound like it will be in the necessary shape to host the majority of the event.

Proud to have earned a Horror Nights badge of honor that none after this year will be able to earn. I worked the hell that is Jaws que and survived. Get on my level.

It is nice to know that the last and final Jaws queue house was a good one! It may be available depending on Universal's construction schedule...

Put on your walking shoes.
Just one more thing to ramp up the suck factor on the Jaws closing.
I personally love the idea...then again I didn't go in 2004...

If Potter strikes USF then that entire area is off limits to HHN. And if/when USF connects to IOA, you'll walk into the Seuss/WWoHP area...both HHN no-nos. I'll remember to bring tennis shoes next year.

It is nice to know that the last and final Jaws queue house was a good one! It may be available depending on Universal's construction schedule...

I personally love the idea...then again I didn't go in 2004...

Neither did I but, I was there in '05 and the path to the SS's was absurdly long, Add that with the trek arounds the lake and it adds up to a ton of walking. just was not a fan of the IOA expirence.

Proud to have earned a Horror Nights badge of honor that none after this year will be able to earn. I worked the hell that is Jaws que and survived. Get on my level.

Off topic but I have to know whats worse, Jaws queue or Marvel Warehouse? I have heard horror stories in regards to the Marvel Warehouse.

If Potter strikes USF then that entire area is off limits to HHN. And if/when USF connects to IOA, you'll walk into the Seuss/WWoHP area...both HHN no-nos. I'll remember to bring tennis shoes next year.

Come on... enough speculations about Potter's limits and JK Rowling's demands that are just that... pure speculation. The only thing we have heard and that has been true is that things are to be kept authentic. Whenever have we heard Potter is off limits in HHN? Dementors, Death Eaters, and so many scary creatures that are not a specific character, and would not be cheesy, could totally be used for a Halloween event. Of course, this if Universal was up for it. It'd remain authentic and I don't see the problem with it. Contrary to what people are trying to speculate, JK Rowling has a reputation of nothing but of a great collaborator. This is mentioned by all the people that worked in the HP movies, even recently at the event at Universal during the panels/Q&As, or watch the featurettes where they talk about how accepting she was of the changes that had to be made for the films, and the few times that she spoke up was when something was being left out or changed and it shouldn't because it was important further on in the story. So anyways, there's no indication that Potter is off limits for HHN.