Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
With everyone thinking it is Transformers or possibly Kong with the TF ride system, how disappointed will the majority be if SS44 is really going to be that perma-haunt after all?

Last edited:
I hate the TF movies but I am DEFINITELY excited for this. The ride in Hollywood looks awesome, and it's not like the ride is replacing anything.

I just hope Monster's Cafe doesn't get scrapped for a giftshop. I expect it to happen, but here's hoping.

WOW what a day! Transformers all but confirmed and a new hotel announced. WAIT! what thread was that a couple weeks ago where some people were arguing that Potter 2.0 was the only thing on the horizon after the "year to be here"?!? I remember a few pages of heated discussion somewhere? Anyone remember?

With everyone thinking it is Transformers or possibly Kong with the TF ride system, how disappointed will the majority be if SS44 is really going to be that perma-haunt after all?

It's definitely not a haunt. The permit clarification request asks for what will be draining out of the "ride lift pits", so whatever it is will be a ride. And it's most likely TF.

I hate the TF movies but I am DEFINITELY excited for this. The ride in Hollywood looks awesome, and it's not like the ride is replacing anything.

I just hope Monster's Cafe doesn't get scrapped for a giftshop. I expect it to happen, but here's hoping.

I'd imagine Monsters will be rethemed, but I don't think it will become a shop.

The haunt is completely ruled out at this point,a permit was released today saying "More information required on the type of waste (oily waste?) discharging into maintenance pit drains and Ride Lift Pit drains."

Edit:Skip beat me to it.

Thank God we know it's a ride!!!! Ready for the announcement im going to laugh my butt off if they hit us in the face and say it BTTF/Ghostbusters or something we wern't expecting with the TF's ride system even though its going to be Transformers lol

Hmm... Drains in a lift pit - I just noticed on twitter that Behind the Thrills tweeted earlier that they'd heard Madagascar rather than TF. :shrug:

Just joined mostly because of this thread.

Hmm... Drains in a lift pit - I just noticed on twitter that Behind the Thrills tweeted earlier that they'd heard Madagascar rather than TF. :shrug:
Madagascar seems like a huge risk considering that the second level of Madagascar: A Crate Adventure ws highly problematic and ultimately abandoned.

Any idea what this pillar could be?

fe85fb29.jpg

Friend just took the pic in the park.

Last edited:
Well it was just a thought - being a rather watery affair it would make sense for it to have drains :lol: And I don't know about it not fitting, you can make just about anything fit with the right facade really. I don't consider Madagascar to be that far in the 'kiddy' direction, at least no more so that Shrek or Jimmy Neutron.

Edit - Ninja'd, so many people posting at the same time! Well if it wouldn't physically fit I guess that's that ;)

Just joined mostly because of this thread.

Madagascar seems like a huge risk considering that the second level of Madagascar: A Crate Adventure ws highly problematic and ultimately abandoned.

Welcome to the forums!!! :wave: But really a huge crate ship wouldnt really fit the theme of the area but HRRR already ruined themeing and im pretty sure the area is too small like JS said lol

Last edited:
Ok I have news.... I had lunch with someone today... and I got permission to say this much.

What is going at SS44 is already at Singapore.

And it has already been discussed in this thread.

that is all I can say... again, I was told I could say that much... but let me just say it was the world's best lunch... I am psyched for this, HP 2.0 and this years HHN along with the new Hotel, and soooo much more!

Word is that people keep getting blown away by Comcast and how willing they are to say yes. I guess the financials on guest spending are coming back so positive from Despicable Me, Superstar Parade, Sponge Bob Store Pants, and Universal Cimenatic Spectacular, that Comcast feels like they have struck gold, and all they want to do is "mine for more" by building more stuff for people to spend their money on.

Ok I have news.... I had lunch with someone today... and I got permission to say this much.

What is going at SS44 is already at Singapore.

And it has already been discussed in this thread.

that is all I can say... again, I was told I could say that much... but let me just say it was the world's best lunch... I am psyched for this, HP 2.0 and this years HHN along with the new Hotel, and soooo much more!

Word is that people keep getting blown away by Comcast and how willing they are to say yes. I guess the financials on guest spending are coming back so positive from Despicable Me, Superstar Parade, Sponge Bob Store Pants, and Universal Cimenatic Spectacular, that Comcast feels like they have struck gold, and all they want to do is "mine for more" by building more stuff for people to spend their money on.

This is amazing news kingeric sounds like an amazing lunch!!! :thumbs:
Also could we see those amazing Octomus Prime and Bumblebee characters for meet in great in the parks?

Last edited:

Vindication is amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

Also could we see those amazing Octomus Prime and Bumblebee characters for meet in great in the parks?

I think that'd be a guarantee.