The Condition of City Walk | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

The Condition of City Walk

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The inside of the Hard Rock Cafe and retail store will be getting rennovated soon, per a notice of commencement.

Definitely has started.

From 01/26 . . .

RockShopRehab-001.jpg

RockShopRehab-002.jpg

RockShopRehab-003.jpg

Wonder what they're gonna go for here. It looked fine as it was :shrug:
Maybe something with the floor? I can't remember, but maybe it was carpet and now they're going for tile or another more durable surface that is easier to maintain?

They don't appear to be moving very fast on the Rock Shop . . .

RockShopRehab-004.jpg

RockShopRehab-005.jpg

sorry about the quality of the pictures. They covered all the good areas to get shots from.

I might be on the lookout for some more substantial work in CityWalk. Not sure when, not saying where (yet), but some change is likely coming.

I think you guys may have overlooked this post. And I just want to second it, saying that there's going to be tons of little new details coming soon, regarding signage and paint and some other things... :)

What is that white stuff on the floor? The bag laying on the floor appeared to say Clear Valspar... but my imagination runs wild at times.

Are you talking about the powdery residue? If so, that is what the finish would look like before sealing it. Notice the are using a 2-part (Epoxy) sealer.

RockShopRehab-010.jpg

Can you read it better now? :cheers:

Citywalk was super crowded tonight, apparently it was Bob Marley's Birthday Jam...a special event that apparently was Adults only I could have attended but chose not to. Anyways, not much new to report on...Ate at Hard Rock, food was better than I remembered it being (had The Texan, would highly recommend it if you like your BBQ super spicy)....did not get a good look at the gift shop though. The Uni. Globe was spitting out a good amount of mist as usual (always fun to get lost in the mist there). When I got there at 10 Rockit seemed quiet, Around 11 it started cycling (1 car only). The IOA Lighttower was working (wasn't last time I was there), forgot how pretty it was. There is also now a makeshift stage at the steps in the center of Citywalk.....not really digging it, hope it's a temp. one and that it's not permanent. So, as I'm sure you can not tell I had not been to Citywalk in a while, so while all this is probly nothing new to you guys it was all pretty new to me. Overall, it was a very fun night and I hope to be able to head back there again soon.

Reactions: Felipe
^ Yep, the Bob Marley celebration is adults only, and $15.
I briefly passed by tonight, and the band sounded fantastic. The event looked very nice:

IMG_3651_zps3f057043.jpg

IMG_3654_zps5ba4d220.jpg

IMG_3652_zps272941fb.jpg

IMG_3653_zpsdcc2af68.jpg

One thing I LOVE about CityWalk is the jump-rope and hula-hoop area, in front of Bubba Gumps. Tonight I had a great time watching several people putting their rope jumping skills to the test. There were some very skilled participants, too! Such a simple little thing, but very entertaining and interactive! :thumbs:

IMG_3655_zpsdf60f0f9.jpg

IMG_3664_zpsd357d9e3.jpg

IMG_3659_zps6154b228.jpg

^ Yep, the Bob Marley celebration is adults only, and $15.
I briefly passed by tonight, and the band sounded fantastic. The event looked very nice:

IMG_3651_zps3f057043.jpg

IMG_3654_zps5ba4d220.jpg

IMG_3652_zps272941fb.jpg

IMG_3653_zpsdcc2af68.jpg

One thing I LOVE about CityWalk is the jump-rope and hula-hoop area, in front of Bubba Gumps. Tonight I had a great time watching several people putting their rope jumping skills to the test. There were some very skilled participants, too! Such a simple little thing, but very entertaining and interactive! :thumbs:

IMG_3655_zpsdf60f0f9.jpg

IMG_3664_zpsd357d9e3.jpg

IMG_3659_zps6154b228.jpg

Crowd photos!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much let me slap you with :pixiedust:

Reactions: knokout1
Been trying to get a good shot of the new Rock Shop floor and how awesome it actually looks.

Here is a shot that has been enhanced to bring out the richness and depth of the newly redone floor . . .

RockShopRehab-011.jpg

What happened to the carousel that I grew up on over there? I remember it has a fun tea cup inside too.
Anyone know why they removed it?

Status
Not open for further replies.