Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 504 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great update.

Is it just me, or does the entrance to the area seem to have visually disappeared? (As it should.) I was having a hard time even finding it in those photos.

Makes me realize how revolutionary and ba-,...gutsy, it is to build an entirely new land, what will arguably be the new flagship of the park, and completely hide it behind facades! All to preserve the integrity of the incredible moment when you walk through the "secret" entrance and are smacked in the face by staggering awesome.

Great update.

Is it just me, or does the entrance to the area seem to have visually disappeared? (As it should.) I was having a hard time even finding it in those photos.

Makes me realize how revolutionary and ba-,...gutsy, it is to build an entirely new land, what will arguably be the new flagship of the park, and completely hide it behind facades! All to preserve the integrity of the incredible moment when you walk through the "secret" entrance and are smacked in the face by staggering awesome.

I still almost pee in excitement when imagining this :happy:

Judging from the pictures Bobwadd took, what the steel structures are should be the Facade or wall around what is supposed to be Diagon Alley? (If I have naming/spelling wrong sorry). In essence it's as though this section of the park is a little city?

Quick question… Are we sure they're using King's Cross's actual exterior instead? I'm wondering what that'll seem like to people who, like me, didn't know that wasn't King's Cross in the movie. I have to admit not using St. Pancras kinda disappoints me if that's true…

That's insane! You, sir, must be some kind of superhero to work both of those jobs. Good to see you posting though! :thumbs:

WWoHP-070.jpg

Awesome update, Bob! Quick question though: does anybody know what the hell those little things are on top of King's Cross? Is that just a feature of the architecture?

The top of the Kings Cross skylight is actually pointed if you look in reality

IMG_3179Copying.jpg

or you can see better here.

http://binged.it/13JhFka

Maybe it's that? Just a guess.

Am I the only person who dislikes Harry Potter? Is there any real need to have this much Harry Potter related stuff in on area. I don't think the should have the same themed area in two different parks to be honest. I would of much preferred something else to be built instead of Harry Potter.

Am I the only person who dislikes Harry Potter? Is there any real need to have this much Harry Potter related stuff in on area. I don't think the should have the same themed area in two different parks to be honest. I would of much preferred something else to be built instead of Harry Potter.

I still don't think the parks will feel overwhelmed with Harry Potter, I am really excited about it however I don't think any more land should be given to it after this, perhaps development in the areas the already exist. Lets face it though it, it makes the park a shed load of cash to fund other projects, and the nature of the film lends itself very well to theme parks.

Thanks for the awesome pics, Bob! :thumbs:

I'm sure you're not the only one who dislikes HP, but I must say you are largely outnumbered :lol: They don't need to add a second park within the same resort, but it's the best business decision they can make. Harry Potter has been Universal's savior, the chicken that lays golden eggs, the biggest cash cow...so, they're gonna milk that cash cow for all they can. Just like Scholastic (USA book publisher), Bloomsburry (UK publisher), Warner Brothers (movie makers) did and continues to do with all the movies, merchandise, a million different versions and editions of the books and movies, etc. and that we, the fans, continue to buy :p

At least we can thank Universal for trying to bring more diversity with things like the new Transformers ride that is coming, which is another new thing for the resort, and increases the total ride count. Also more quantity and quality all around the resort, like we're seeing with Simpsons, and like we will likely see in Jurassic park, and all that is yet to come and still unknown :thumbs:

Thanks for the awesome pics, Bob! :thumbs:

I'm sure you're not the only one who dislikes HP, but I must say you are largely outnumbered :lol: They don't need to add a second park within the same resort, but it's the best business decision they can make. Harry Potter has been Universal's savior, the chicken that lays golden eggs, the biggest cash cow...so, they're gonna milk that cash cow for all they can. Just like Scholastic (USA book publisher), Bloomsburry (UK publisher), Warner Brothers (movie makers) did and continues to do with all the movies, merchandise, a million different versions and editions of the books and movies, etc. and that we, the fans, continue to buy :p

At least we can thank Universal for trying to bring more diversity with things like the new Transformers ride that is coming, which is another new thing for the resort, and increases the total ride count. Also more quantity and quality all around the resort, like we're seeing with Simpsons, and like we will likely see in Jurassic park, and all that is yet to come and still unknown :thumbs:

You make some good points. I would love to see additions to Jurassic Park.

You make some good points. I would love to see additions to Jurassic Park.

Then let me show you to the Jurassic Park Expansion thread :thumbs:

Back to Phase II stuffs: I was at IoA all day yesterday and rode Dragons, so I was able to get a good look at construction of the south HE station (sorry, no pictures) but I can tel you they've finished a concrete ramp going from the wall to the station, and they even have some steel up! I was with a lot of company, so I didn't focus on pics yesterday, but I'm thinking of trying to take my P&S or Flip cam next trip and try to photograph this.

Anyways, I was at USF Friday night for a little bit, and I did get a couple pics of London work with a little help of the fireworks :lol: These are obviously not the best pics, but something different:

IMG_4450_zps77d5272a.jpg

IMG_4452_zps3b04e977.jpg

IMG_4453_zps4541eb0e.jpg

IMG_4454_zps75afbf3a.jpg

IMG_4464_zps6b2d55dd.jpg

IMG_4466_zps194b4334.jpg

IMG_4484_zpsfad293c4.jpg

IMG_4488_zpse3c44c57.jpg

IMG_4492_zpse77ae1b9.jpg

IMG_4493_zpsac0d56a9.jpg

I must say, I have faith, but I am a teensy bit worried about this side of the expansion... for lack of buildings/facades in the plans and on-site :look:

Last edited:
Reactions: bobwadd
I think Camza should give Potter a second chance. It's perfectly coherent with the theme park experience.

When they make replicas of buildings like this, how similar is the steelwork to that of the buildings that they are based on? I know there is a factor of scale, but they must look at the original blueprints and get the rights from the city or owners?

Wow! Thanks Felipe! Actually,the low light really gives a sense of depth to the images and makes it really easy to see the steelwork!

Last edited:
Brilliant pics I think they're better in that light, the steel work stands out more and doesn't look like a web of metal. Kings Cross looks awfully short in length, do you think they will create some sort of illusion of depth to make it seem more grand inside?

Glad you guys like em :thumbs: I took a whole bunch but 75% were blurry or too dark. After being stopped by security the other time, I wasn't about to start taking flash pictures and bringing attention to myself :lol:

Kings Cross looks awfully short in length, do you think they will create some sort of illusion of depth to make it seem more grand inside?

My theory? They're nowhere near done with that. We saw on the aerials that there's a big wall further back that has a semi-circular cut-out like this dome shape, and the ceiling will probably run all the way to that point. But, I also think this is where the new HE photo-op will go, so I think they wanna keep it pretty open to bring in whatever they need here. They only need to complete the front section right now, just to complete the London front.

out of curiosity, with no ill will, i wanted to ask if you have read the books? usually when i encounter someone who dislikes harry potter it is because they aren't familiar with the source material.

Anyways, I was at USF Friday night for a little bit, and I did get a couple pics of London work with a little help of the fireworks :lol: These are obviously not the best pics, but something different:

IMG_4450_zps77d5272a.jpg

Don't be so hard on yourself. I think this is a great shot. :thumbs: It really shows a lot of detail in the steel-work. :rep:

Status
Not open for further replies.