Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars Themed Land Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Technically Indy has been ported over already, no? I think I remember hearing Countdown to Extinction is a re-imagining of the Indy ride. So I wouldn't see a point to it unless its vastly different.

The track layout is the same. Dinosaur doesn't have the sets, effects, and theming that Indy has. Although Dinosaur has the same track and ride system, it really can't compare to Indy.

Even though I do like Disney I never go on the Disney forums usually, so if this question has already been asked a million times I'm sorry. Does anybody know what's going on with the back of Hollywood Studios? Is there any new information if they are taking out the back for newer attractions or possibly any new major rides in planning for any of the parks? Star Wars(I wish), Cars, Monsters Inc., Indiana Jones(I also wish)? STAR WARS LAND NEEDS TO HAPPEN.

If a Star Wars land was in the works, those that know Disney history well, would that be something that would leak out or would Disney be able to keep it tight lipped til D23? I guess, I'm asking, did NFL and Avatar land leak out before Disney announced them? If not, I'd imagine we wouldn't hear anything until D23, the earliest.

If a Star Wars land was in the works, those that know Disney history well, would that be something that would leak out or would Disney be able to keep it tight lipped til D23? I guess, I'm asking, did NFL and Avatar land leak out before Disney announced them? If not, I'd imagine we wouldn't hear anything until D23, the earliest.

I know Avatar came out of nowhere and was quiet a surprise for everyone.

I bet if Disney did a poll 95 percent of people would rather see Star Wars over Avatar. That would tell them right there that Star Wars land should be more of a priority than Avatar.

I am expecting something for studios and hoping it is something new for WDW and not everything is a clone. Now mind you I have not been to CA (would love to go when my kids are older), but I know some have and would like at least one non-CA ride.

the issue for star wars is what do you build? do you base it off of episodes4-6, the prequels, or the new stuff....maybe the best thing to do is build after 2017 when the new movies are released....

- - - Updated - - -

Well, that's easy to do when no work has been done on it.

I'm expecting nothing more than Pixar stuff for D23.

bet you a flaming moe we get quite a bit more at d23 lol

That article misses some crucial points. The reason DCA got that 1 Billion dollar budget overhaul was because the park attendance was hurting drastically as well as guest Spending. Carsland was needed and the park got many improvements as it was a sore spot since day one. It came to a point where it was actually dropping attendance rather than just being low attendance.

DHS does not have that issue. As a matter of fact attendance was up according to reports of last year.

It is even still ahead of DCA according to TEA's results on last year's attendance.

Not saying impossible but I would be surprised if both investments happened. Especially so close together.

That was a fun read if anything.

I'm a HUGE Star Wars fan but I don't agree with them taking out the Muppets to do so. There's so much land to the southeast behind Star Tours to build on. I know I'm probably in the minority but Streets of America (if not for the holiday lights) could be replaced. Lot of space there to rework also.

DHS does not have that issue. As a matter of fact attendance was up according to reports of last year.

Guest spending, however, is in the toilet. People are often far too focused on attendance when in reality it matters very little as long as guests spend an arm and a leg inside the parks.

I have been thinking for awhile now that this is the announcement we will get at D23. I am also hoping there is something small for Epcot announced. Upgrade of Soarin, change to Caption EO, something.

Guest spending, however, is in the toilet. People are often far too focused on attendance when in reality it matters very little as long as guests spend an arm and a leg inside the parks.

Yep, not to mention there is people dropping days from their Disney vacations. Those are numbers we will never see, but I am guessing that people have gone from 7 to 5 or 5 to 3, etc in the number of days spent at the parks since HP Phase 1 opened and now those numbers may drop more with everything else Uni is doing. I think Disney may have finally seen the writing on the wall. With the executive changes, I think we will see changed at WDW. If they had made no changes to this, I would say nope, not happening. But with higher up changes ALWAYS comes with some kind of change within the company.

Last edited:
Cars land AND Star Wars land? Way too good to be true...also, I'd be surprised that Disney would consider removing the Muppets while they are working on the sequel to the film. I think it's more likely that the Indiana Jones section gets "re-purposed" into some sort of Jedi Training show.

Status
Not open for further replies.