Star Wars Themed Land Speculation | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars Themed Land Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I heard at DHS they are looking to expand on the Star Wars theming but Cars Land (section) was still a go. They have been displaying Cars characters at DHS since 2010 with the public responding very well. I wouldn't mind seeing some type of Cars representation but I would really like an Indiana Jones ride maybe at Animal Kingdom.
If there was just some way to retheme Dinosaur into Indy.

I'm personally disappointed that they're removing Indy entirely for Star Wars. They should just go ahead and give Indiana Jones his own area too.

Heck, they could dust off those old concepts they made for the "Indiana Jones and the Lost Expedition" at Disneyland where it would've included a jeep ride and a roller coaster based off of the mine cart sequence from Temple of Doom.

So the newest rumor is DHS will ONLY get Star Wars land, and that DHS Cars Land is now doubtful.

I prefer that honestly. The fact that DHS' Cars Land has been planned from the beginning as a lesser version than its West Coast counterpoint deems it pretty pointless for me.

I prefer that honestly. The fact that DHS' Cars Land has been planned from the beginning as a lesser version than its West Coast counterpoint deems it pretty pointless for me.

I'm fine with Carsland getting axed, if there's no RSR what's the point?

Hope you guys enjoy the Backlot Tour and Lights, Motors, Action! for another 20 years.

I would rather have an Indiana Jones ride over the entire Cars Land. Especially if there would be no RSR. If DHS wants to get bigger and better bring Star Wars, Indiana Jones AND PIXAR(not Cars). But overall I would much rather have all of them over Cars Land.

^ Agreed. I want Backlot Tour and Lights Motors Action out as soon as possible, but a downsized Carsland would just be a huge letdown. There are tons and tons of better options out there for that kind of space.

I would rather have an Indiana Jones ride over the entire Cars Land.

Well, you're definitely not getting that.

^ Agreed. I want Backlot Tour and Lights Motors Action out as soon as possible, but a downsized Carsland would just be a huge letdown. There are tons and tons of better options out there for that kind of space.

Sure, there are better options. But none of them are going to come.:lol:

I worked at Disney (on the college program a long long time ago....) and have always been a Disney nut. However, the last five years has turned me into a UO nut. I take the family (with 3 kids)) to orlando 1-2 times a year. For the last four years we have only gone to universal (stayed at the Hard Rock every time). Why??? Well to be honest nothing new at Disney. To really take a family to Disney and get your value in terms of ticket prices/hotels/etc, you have to go 4-5 days (which they do on purpose and they should). But with the lack of new products at the parks, just wasnt exciting to do anymore. Yes it was always fun (riding Haunted Mansion for the 100th time still is fun), but not really that exciting. I know they have had a few things I really want to see (the new Star Wars remake), but I wasn't going to drop $500-$700 to take the family to DHS for one day. But with Universal over the last 4-5 years, every time we go down, something new and exciting is being built. So universal got my 7-8 days a year stay in Orlando (exception for this year taking a Disney Cruise). Unfortunately many visitors to Orlando are not able to go every year, thus the overall impact is not huge to Disney. In fact I would bet (havent looked up the numbers), that all the work UO has done over the past few years has benefited Disney, as people come down to see Potter for a day, then spend 4-5 days at Disney. Dont get me wrong, the best them park in Orlando (imo) is the Magic Kingdom, but even a Rolls Royce starts to get old if thats all you drive and dont give it some upkeep. Its just a shame with all the content that Disney owns, and all the fans that love the content, they just sit on their pocket books and let Comcast do all the work for them. I really hope UO does open another gate and a waterpark to really compete with Disney. Because until such time, I think Disney will simply bump draft on tail of Universal.

Hope you guys enjoy the Backlot Tour and Lights, Motors, Action! for another 20 years.

Well, I agree with you the neutered back lot tour just needs to go at this point, but my family really likes LMA and catch it every time we're at the Studios. So, yes, I'm quite happy to enjoy LMA for another 20 years.

I worked at Disney (on the college program a long long time ago....) and have always been a Disney nut. However, the last five years has turned me into a UO nut. I take the family (with 3 kids)) to orlando 1-2 times a year. For the last four years we have only gone to universal (stayed at the Hard Rock every time). Why??? Well to be honest nothing new at Disney. To really take a family to Disney and get your value in terms of ticket prices/hotels/etc, you have to go 4-5 days (which they do on purpose and they should). But with the lack of new products at the parks, just wasnt exciting to do anymore. Yes it was always fun (riding Haunted Mansion for the 100th time still is fun), but not really that exciting. I know they have had a few things I really want to see (the new Star Wars remake), but I wasn't going to drop $500-$700 to take the family to DHS for one day. But with Universal over the last 4-5 years, every time we go down, something new and exciting is being built. So universal got my 7-8 days a year stay in Orlando (exception for this year taking a Disney Cruise). Unfortunately many visitors to Orlando are not able to go every year, thus the overall impact is not huge to Disney. In fact I would bet (havent looked up the numbers), that all the work UO has done over the past few years has benefited Disney, as people come down to see Potter for a day, then spend 4-5 days at Disney. Dont get me wrong, the best them park in Orlando (imo) is the Magic Kingdom, but even a Rolls Royce starts to get old if thats all you drive and dont give it some upkeep. Its just a shame with all the content that Disney owns, and all the fans that love the content, they just sit on their pocket books and let Comcast do all the work for them. I really hope UO does open another gate and a waterpark to really compete with Disney. Because until such time, I think Disney will simply bump draft on tail of Universal.

This is great and totally understandable. I get it even though many just won't.

As much as I'm not a fan of the Backlot Tour and LMA; I'd rather have that than a neutered Carsland.
Agree. As long as Star Wars Land comes along, i'm fine with it. If that gets cut, I will honestly take a good long break from WDW. I already barely go as is. Not worth it for me to keep spending money on a product that seemingly is if anything getting progressively worse.

Am I the only one who's not looking forward to Star Wars Land? I've wanted to see Star Wars get more presence in the parks ever since they completed the saga, but I'm afraid that the few plans Disney has supposedly rumored aren't enough to do Star Wars justice. At all. And then I'm afraid that once it's done, they will never expand it. Basically, I don't want a watered-down Star Wars Land when there's soooo much they could do with it.

Am I the only one who's not looking forward to Star Wars Land? I've wanted to see Star Wars get more presence in the parks ever since they completed the saga, but I'm afraid that the few plans Disney has supposedly rumored aren't enough to do Star Wars justice. At all. And then I'm afraid that once it's done, they will never expand it. Basically, I don't want a watered-down Star Wars Land when there's soooo much they could do with it.

Not at all. The only thing that sounds mildly intriguing to me is the speeder bike ride and the cantina, if it happens. As for a new 3D show and an indoor Jedi Academy show, yeah no thanks.

I don't understand why theme parks would even bother making new 3D shows now since Spidey and Transformers have revolutionized its usage in parks and you can see 3D movies in theaters across the nation now.

If there was just some way to retheme Dinosaur into Indy.

Why+not+just+pick+time+travel+go+back+in+time+_5befb80ab11ee4c36ce90e6b92a44a5b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.