Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What do you shoot with?

a77-001.jpg

Its like Xmas in January :lol: Enjoy the new gear

- - - Updated - - -

Still waiting for a battery to charge :blank:

:bang:

Hi everyone.

Long time reader.... first time posting.

I shoot with a Canon 5D Mark III.
I have a nice Think Tank backpack I take to the parks when I go.
I bring my:
Speedlite 580EX II
Canon EF 24-70 f/2.8L
and sometimes I might bring my
Canon 70-200 f/2.8L
but it's heavy.

-alex

Hi everyone.

Long time reader.... first time posting.

I shoot with a Canon 5D Mark III.
I have a nice Think Tank backpack I take to the parks when I go.
I bring my:
Speedlite 580EX II
Canon EF 24-70 f/2.8L
and sometimes I might bring my
Canon 70-200 f/2.8L
but it's heavy.

-alex

Nice :thumbs:

Now lets see some pics form that bad boy :lol:

Well this is the week ive been highly excited about for the past 2 years. Finally get to order my new camera and lenses and should have everything early to mid next week :happy:

Answering a question for OF . . .

The HX was definitely an easier camera to use for general photography. The wide range lens was of particular benefit. Also as you queried the shutter button zoom ring was especially nice and easy to use.

Now, the a77 takes better quality pictures especially in low light situations. Partly due to the faster lens and partly due to the larger sensor. Having to change lenses is a PIA. I current have a 16-50 and a 55-300, the 16-50 is a CA f2.8. The camera also has a digital zoom function with a dedicated button. The rations are x1.4 at 12mp and x2.0 at 6mp. This feature makes the 16-50 more usable so I am not constantly changing lenses. I believe it is Tamaron that is coming out with a 16-300 in the very near future, I may just have to look into it. As for as the zooming goes my background is in DSRs so it's not really an issue. Is it as easy, no. But you get used to it really quick. The only time I really miss the power zoom is when shooting video.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask. :wave:

Answering a question for OF . . .

The HX was definitely an easier camera to use for general photography. The wide range lens was of particular benefit. Also as you queried the shutter button zoom ring was especially nice and easy to use.

Now, the a77 takes better quality pictures especially in low light situations. Partly due to the faster lens and partly due to the larger sensor. Having to change lenses is a PIA. I current have a 16-50 and a 55-300, the 16-50 is a CA f2.8. The camera also has a digital zoom function with a dedicated button. The rations are x1.4 at 12mp and x2.0 at 6mp. This feature makes the 16-50 more usable so I am not constantly changing lenses. I believe it is Tamaron that is coming out with a 16-300 in the very near future, I may just have to look into it. As for as the zooming goes my background is in DSRs so it's not really an issue. Is it as easy, no. But you get used to it really quick. The only time I really miss the power zoom is when shooting video.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask. :wave:

Now you know why last year when we all met up I was always straggling in the back of the group going slow, changing lenses does suck but its a necessary evil :lol:

^ What company did you end up ordering from? Was it a camera/lens deal or did you only purchase the body?

I bought the lens new from B&H photo in NYC and the body from a private seller out in Seattle. The body is used but I don't mind since I saved $1,000 versus what it is going for new, plus I lucked out and the camera is in perfect shape and practically brand new