Amazing Spider-Man 2 | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Amazing Spider-Man 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's not too much as long as they can find a way to tie them together, like Osborne and Rhino both obviously coming from Oscorp, instead of just 3 different villains with different backgrounds and different motives. And there isn't an origin story for Spidey so they have a lot more room.

It's not too much as long as they can find a way to tie them together, like Osborne and Rhino both obviously coming from Oscorp, instead of just 3 different villains with different backgrounds and different motives. And there isn't an origin story for Spidey so they have a lot more room.

Well, in this universe they ALL come from OSCORP. But I mean just because there's no origin story for Spidey doesn't mean I want to sit through an hour of origin for Electro and the Goblin each. I want the film to actually be about Spider-Man :lol: Like I said, I think it can be pulled off, it's just dangerous territory to try to do so much in one film just because you want to get to the Sinister Six by film 3. Let's not forget that Black Cat is also supposed to show up as well.

Let's also not forget that Jim Carrey was on set for a few days. He was rumored to be filming scenes as Carnage (who would be teased in this film). This would give you your Sinister Six: Doc Ock, Vulture, Goblin, Electro, Rhino, and Carnage.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
Batman Begins: Falcone, Joe Chill, Zsaz, Ra's, Scarecrow

The Dark Knight: Scarecrow, Maroni, Joker, Two-Face

Let's not complain about too many villains until we see it, huh?

Fair point, but as already stated in begins Joe Chill is just origins basis, zsaz is literally a cameo for the batman nerds, and falcone is a mob boss. Dark Knight scarecrow is already set up and literally a two minute cameo, maroni is a mob boss again. Where as Rhino, Electro and Green Goblin are three massive villians and it looks from the trailer both Norman and Harry will be the goblin in this film. That is a lot of story, I just dont wan't it to be rushed. It will be interesting to see how they pull it off, I truly hope it will be a success like the original.

Fair point, but as already stated in begins Joe Chill is just origins basis, zsaz is literally a cameo for the batman nerds, and falcone is a mob boss. Dark Knight scarecrow is already set up and literally a two minute cameo, maroni is a mob boss again. Where as Rhino, Electro and Green Goblin are three massive villians and it looks from the trailer both Norman and Harry will be the goblin in this film. That is a lot of story, I just dont wan't it to be rushed. It will be interesting to see how they pull it off, I truly hope it will be a success like the original.

Norman will not be the Goblin, that much is certain.

And Rhino is not what I'd call a massive villain in any representation. He's always a lacky/bit player. I don't think you'll see a ton of him in the movie.

The focus, villain wise, will be on the Osborns conspiring and creating/controlling Electro before Harry becomes the Goblin, if I was a betting man.

Rhino may not be from Oscorp, in one of the scenes it looks like there may be a Russian star on his armor.

Jim Carrey as Carnage sounds like so much awesome it isn't funny. If they do star Carnage as a villain though wouldn't they need to introduce Venom first?

What is easy to forget is that SM3 had a bunch of villains that had no storyline to the entire series; they were just thrown in there for the heck of it. Here you have these villains and (apparently) its part of an overarching storyline with the Sinister 6. They've already proven that this Spider-man series will tell an entire story and lead up to an epic finale whereas the original Spiderman only told the story of Peter and Mary Jane.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
Norman will not be the Goblin, that much is certain.

And Rhino is not what I'd call a massive villain in any representation. He's always a lacky/bit player. I don't think you'll see a ton of him in the movie.

The focus, villain wise, will be on the Osborns conspiring and creating/controlling Electro before Harry becomes the Goblin, if I was a betting man.

That wouldn't be too cluttered, I thought the person as the Goblin was norman as he looked older, I could well be wrong though.

That wouldn't be too cluttered, I thought the person as the Goblin was norman as he looked older, I could well be wrong though.

There is a high res pic of the poster and it's clearly Dane DeHaan (Harry). In the trailer as well you can see DeHaan in agony as he goes through a transformation with his shirt off. Norman is on his death bed, and I'm assuming that the research the Lizard was doing was in order to cure his illness (possibly caused by trying the Goblin gas in a toxic form).

On a related note.

Sony recruits a bunch of writers to expand the Spider-Man cinematic universe, with Sinister Six and Venom movies on the agenda.

In the last week or so, it's been revealed that Fox has hired Simon Kinberg on a three year deal to build up and oversee the X-Men and Fantastic Four cinematic worlds. It had put Mark Millar on the payroll last year with that in mind too.

It's no secret that Marvel has plans for more phases on movies either, and also that Warner Bros is building up something similar for DC titles. Building cinematic universes is the current trend in blockbuster cinema.

Now, Sony is getting in on the act. Notwithstanding the fact that there are already three further Amazing Spider-Man movies announced, including next year's The Amazing Spider-Man 2, it's now pushing ahead with its promise to expand the Spider-Man cinematic universe.

As such, The Hollywood Reporter has revealed that it's hired a whole bunch of writers to "work on a large-scale story that will encompass several films". Those writers are Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci, Jeff Pinkner, Ed Solomon and Drew Goddard.

Kurtzman and Orci are already working on The Amazing Spider-Man 3, but it's also revealed that the pair - along with Ed Solomon - are putting together a script for a Venom spin-off movie.

Furthermore, Drew Goddard is being lined up to write and possibly direct The Sinister Six movie.

Sony is betting heavily on Spider-Man, and not surprisingly. More news on the films, and the spin-offs, as we hear it.

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/spi...sing-ahead-with-venom-and-sinister-six-movies

There is going to be more to it than that. I believe Electro will want to help, but he's not going to be very good at it due to his destructive nature. A cops/cops will attack, and people will see him as the bad guy. Electro will see people disliking him after through his perspective he was only trying to help, which will make him mad and in turn be mad at Spiderman, the one trying to slow him down. The other villains, specifically Goblin, will see this weakness in Electro, and exploit him to become a villain. I think at the end Electro will help Spidey beat the bad guys, while in turn sacrificing himself, kind of like the end of Spiderman 2.

I was thinking the same thing. He definitely seems like the kind of villain to have some change of heart in the end. Not sure how I feel about the rhino having guns. I was imagining a mechanical hulk up until that point. But I won't judge until I see.

Last edited:
Im curious as to why Harry will become the green goblin and not Norman though

I agree it seems like they have just neglected a huge villian. Harry does become the goblin in the comics, but Norman is such an interesting villain with the Iron Patriot and controlling the void etc. Would have been nice to see them link the marvel and spiderman universe with these together, but doubt that will happen.