Amazing Spider-Man 2 | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Amazing Spider-Man 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I agree it seems like they have just neglected a huge villian. Harry does become the goblin in the comics, but Norman is such an interesting villain with the Iron Patriot and controlling the void etc. Would have been nice to see them link the marvel and spiderman universe with these together, but doubt that will happen.

They can't do anything as it relates to the Avengers though because of the rights issues, etc. If it were that easy, we could skip ahead and have Spidey, Wolverine, and the Avengers in all one film.

They can't do anything as it relates to the Avengers though because of the rights issues, etc. If it were that easy, we could skip ahead and have Spidey, Wolverine, and the Avengers in all one film.

Yeah this is true, but somebody posted a rumor I think on this thread before that Marvel will be planning to buy the rights off Sony after spiderman has done the sinister six process. But it's only rumor.

Yeah this is true, but somebody posted a rumor I think on this thread before that Marvel will be planning to buy the rights off Sony after spiderman has done the sinister six process. But it's only rumor.
Disney already has a deal worked out with Sony. In exchange for the merchandising rights Disney will no longer require Sony to make new Spider-Man films every so many years.

Meh, when Spider-Man was on screen doing what SM does it was good, other than that not so much.
Electro was weak, his origin even more so.
Goblin, gee way to expedite that whole thing for NO pay off other than one of the most iconic comic book moments that to their credit was very, very well done.
2.5/5

Meh, when Spider-Man was on screen doing what SM does it was good, other than that not so much.
Electro was weak, his origin even more so.
Goblin, gee way to expedite that whole thing for NO pay off other than one of the most iconic comic book moments that to their credit was very, very well done.
2.5/5

I actually thought Electro was cool, I like that they kept his kind of nerdy personality when he became a villain instead of just making him "cool". And in regards to Goblin, I agree his time was a little weak, but it will be seen as a necessary step for setting up the next film. Kind of like Iron Man 2.

I thought the movie was outstanding. I was blown away. By far the best Spidey movie ever. I love how this current series is willing to take a chance at being great, instead of just playing it safe like the previous Spidey series.

I thought it was a very messy film, but I still really liked it and think it is a little bit better than the first Amazing Spider-Man. Garfield looks older here, but I still think he is the best Spidey/Parker we have seen thus far. Dane DeHaan was fantastic as both Harry and Goblin (I love his Goblin laugh, so perfect). The 3-D was also pretty impressive during the numerous fighting scenes and scenes where Spidey is just swinging through NYC. Wasn't much impressed by Electro, though his 2 fight scenes were fantastic (also really dug his theme music). The final fight between Goblin and Spidey was probably the best part of the film imo. I didn't like it as much as i hoped i would, but I still think it got right what it needed to, and is the Spidey film that is the most faithful to the comics.

4 STARS out of 5

I may be the only one but not a huge fan of the Garfield Peter Parker. Love him as Spiderman though. Dane DeHaan was amazing as Harry. The Gwen/Peter love thing was pretty annoying but I hate any romance in any movie… Also loved the swinging through the city. Idk why but its super fun to watch

An hour of that movie could have been cut and it would have still been too long.

I hated everything about the ending. Absolutely hated it. Everything that made you feel sympathy for Spiderman was nullified by him coming back 3 minutes after he said he was done being Spiderman. That honestly couldn't have been saved for the beginning of the 3rd film, but they decided to mess it up and botch the ending of this film.

The tone completely shifted every time Electro was on screen. His back story was stupid and the act of trying to make the audience connect with him was all but ruined multiple times.

I'm sad to see Marc Webb, who I genuinely enjoy, take only 2 movies to do this to the series, where it at least took Raimi 3 films. I don't think it was as bad as Spiderman 3, but still an absolute mess of a film.

this felt just like a 2 hour trailer for a sinister six movie. I hate that directors and producers cannot focus on making a good movie anymore but they need to make these long trailers for the next movies (Like Prometheus with all the unanswered questions)

Having Rhino in the posters and the trailers felt like a huge middle finger to the audience. I hated that. what a waste.

Electro.... Edward Nigma 2.0? :lol::lol: they basically took the riddler and gave him electric powers. The fights were good but electro was too cheesy.

The only good thing about the villains was the Goblin. That was the only really cool thing.
the movie was okay but it was a disappointment from watching the trailers. I expected more action and more spidey screen time. felt like forever for Peter to put on the suit.

I thought it was awesome, but it had serious pacing issues. I got really antsy when it came to the romance scenes and just the regular Peter Parker scenes, and that's not normal for me because I love watching great acting since I'd like to act/direct/write movies some day, but I don't know why, I just got bored in some parts. I didn't feel that way in the first one at all. The action scenes were good, but they needed to be longer, and there needed to be more of them. It did kind of feel like Iron Man 2 how they were setting up for Sinister Six.

I thought it was good. The only question I have is what's coming out first, Amazing Spider-Man 3 or Sinister Six? And is Spider Man going to be in the Sinister Six movie? I'm confused how they are gonna make a separate movie, cause if ASM3 comes out first and Spider Man defeats them, then how does it lead to a standalone movie? Maybe the 3rd one is just him battling one of the other threats like Doc Ock and that leads to the Sinister Six.

I'm sad to see Marc Webb, who I genuinely enjoy, take only 2 movies to do this to the series, where it at least took Raimi 3 films. I don't think it was as bad as Spiderman 3, but still an absolute mess of a film.

I'm not saying this film doesn't have it's flaws, but it's not on the same level on what Raimi did... :lol:

I think the movie would have been better off from avoiding using Rhino and Goblin in marketing, or the shots Doc Ock's arms and Vulture's wings in the trailers.

I quite enjoyed it. It's not a masterpiece, but none of the SPider-man movies are all that great IMO. This one at least nailed the Spider-man I'd always wanted to see on screen, though the plot certainly fell short.

Saw it yesterday. Worst. Comic Book movie. Ever. Orci and Kurtzman have successfully managed to make a screenplay worse than Transformers 2. Electro and Harry Osbourne feel like they came from a Joel Schumacher Batman movie. At least Drew Goddard is working on the Sinister Six movie, he's the only hope I have left in Sony's Spider-Man.

With the likes of Batman & Robin, Elektra, Ghost Rider, & Catwoman....

To be fair, Batman & Robin was released in a much different time. I have heard reviews saying that TASM2 is pretty much on the level of Batman Forever, and while it's not as bad as B&R, there are some scenes that could rival it.