King Kong Speculation Thread | Page 82 | Inside Universal Forums

King Kong Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Transformers was also worked on 24/7, mostly, with a week break for Christmas (yeah, I remember that hell day of January 2, with non-stop trucks coming in and out of the park through 3 separate gates, sometimes all at the same time.)

Agreed... plus Diagon Alley will still be bringing in huge crowds, so no reason to really rush the project. But I'm expecting November/December - since it'd give that area of the park a non-wet attraction that adults can ride (looking at you, Pteranodons!)... perfect for when Dudley, Popeye and JPRA are pretty much empty.

The one rumor I don't see happening is KidZone getting rushed for next summer - Diagon Alley is going to be the main event for the next couple years so no reason to rush this or Kong. I want both to be done right with superb theming and a great experience, overall. Kong for Fall 2015, and KidZone replacement for June/July 2016 (personally, I think this might be the one time where Universal does something similar to phases - E.T., Animal Actors, KidZone Pizza and Fievel for Phase 1... mostly minor stuff here. Then Phase 2 would be the new, exciting attractions/immersive settings/etc. I wouldn't mind everything unveiled at once, but closing down the whole KidZone section for nearly 2 years might be a bit much)

Kong is in a part of the park that is outside of guest area. It's actually impressive how far into the land moving process they are. Considering that most of the project will likely be completed off-site and shipped in once completed, I wouldn't be surprised by a summer opening... And as the walls on Kong ready to come down, I wouldn't be surprised if more walls go up elsewhere...

Kong is in a part of the park that is outside of guest area. It's actually impressive how far into the land moving process they are. Considering that most of the project will likely be completed off-site and shipped in once completed, I wouldn't be surprised by a summer opening... And as the walls on Kong ready to come down, I wouldn't be surprised if more walls go up elsewhere...

KidZone replacement and JP expansion for 2016 :thumbs: although KidZone will already have construction walls around by the end of this year if the rumors are true.

Could "Kongstruction" go vertical sometime this summer?

Not likely whatsoever. They have a loooong way to go before vertical. I would recommend going to the Transformers thread and checking out the pre-vertical parts of construction. A lot of digging, foundation, laying down of pipes etc has to be done before a wall can be put in. Hold tight my friend! :thumbs:

Not likely whatsoever. They have a loooong way to go before vertical. I would recommend going to the Transformers thread and checking out the pre-vertical parts of construction. A lot of digging, foundation, laying down of pipes etc has to be done before a wall can be put in. Hold tight my friend! :thumbs:

Three or four months to go! :thumbs: :kingkong:

Oh I remember the pre-vertical phase of Transformers oh too well...Seemed like an eternity, but once they went vertical the construction moved along fairly quick!

It's funny to think that after potter opens we will all be staring at that plot immediately afterwards. Ride construction is like a pregnancy. Right now it's unconfirmed but we do know for a fact that they didn't use a condom
pregnant-gorilla%20(2).jpg

Last edited:
It's funny to think that after potter opens we will all be staring at that plot immediately afterwards. Ride construction is like a pregnancy. Right now it's unconfirmed but we do know for a fact that they didn't use a condom
pregnant-gorilla%20(2).jpg

images

Last edited:
Not only was a condom not used but there is more coming......Soon a crane will be erected here, a hairy monster will appear, and potter will be swinging his wooden broom ready for round 3 soon after kong.

So Excite. So much to look forward to.

Last edited:
Not only was a condom not used but there is more coming......Soon a crane will be erected here, a hairy monster will appear, and potter will be swinging his wooden broom ready for round 3 soon after kong.

Soon? It was 2 years after Hogsmeade before Diagon started :lol: I also don't think we're getting much for Potter 3.0 (Great Hall, DC upgrades, something for Diagon)

To think the parents already thought of a name for their adorable hairy monster (or zygote at this point). Let's just hope none of this gets aborted

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.