King Kong Speculation Thread | Page 84 | Inside Universal Forums

King Kong Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My bet on the name is just 'King Kong: The Return' to make sure it distincts from the original KongFrontation to the new name

as it has been a while since that ape has been seen in USO and noone knows where he is hiding.. it'd make some great advertising

kinda like how King Kong 360 3D worked in hollywood due to he is back with a vengance and with what it seems for the IOA

version... it might work.

Yeah!!! I can't wait to see some advertising for this. I want the big hint to be a giant fake footprint in front of the IOA gates. I'd be like the transformers outline and smashed car at downtown orlando

Like heres how it could play out... They announce it mabye like how Transformers was announced.. With a preshow announcement showing King Kong with Projections coming

around the buildings and then a teaser showing breif animaton of King Kong and then you hear the roar and see the name.. then sometime July-augest, there is a little

teaser bit at the IOA entrance like what you say and the day thats shown, a website comes on. With what they can do on a website make it a story of the resort has been

Keeping Kong away from the resort and you play minigames like a Legendary truth type style but more and more you complete the games, the more you get to see of the

coming attraction and then once you complete all the Minigames, you get a 1 minute teaser of King Kong. It'd not only create hype but also reason and a little backstory

to the Resort and Kongs history.

Sounds awesome. They should go all out on advertising and I'd love if they acted like they have kept kong in away instead of outright saying "this is a throwback attraction"

No no. I hated that inflatable Shrek over the Universal arch when Shrek 4D opened. I'd rather them not do something like that again.
If it was only for the month it opened I'd be cool with it. There's a difference between a banana peel and a giant terrifying shrek looking down at you

- - - Updated - - -

I hope they do something badass to announce this. Bringing back Kong is a big deal and I hope Universal makes it a big deal.
Me too, they really have to sell this ride and i hope they go all out for it. As Alex said interactive games and other things would just make everybody incredibly pumped

I just have a feeling with the Announcement; Expect something like on the Cinenmatic Spectacular

perhaps late october-early november just like the Transformers announcement.

I think it might be too but I hope it's another webcast. Explains a lot more and shows concept art. Also who doesn't want to see Woodbury come out and be awkward?

I assume they would do a marketing scheme similar to Hollywood

That's probably what they're going to do but in itself that was a great marketing campaign. Hopefully we have the billboards like Godzilla 98 where it says "this is the size of his finger" or a bus wrap saying "this is the size of his foot". That would be amazing too

- - - Updated - - -

I assume they would do a marketing scheme similar to Hollywood

That's probably what they're going to do but in itself that was a great marketing campaign. Hopefully we have the billboards like Godzilla 98 where it says "this is the size of his finger" or a bus wrap saying "this is the size of his foot". That would be incredibly badass

Universal could really troll Disney with the specialty drink for the area and introduce the "KONGaloosh" :lol:

Sorry, Adventurers Club fans :look:

Status
Not open for further replies.