Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A major new E-Ticket. Dinos throughout the island. And JPRA upgrade. Done.

Sounds perfect. Is this what you're hoping for, or is this what Uni is actually planning to do?

I think they should do a new ride based on Jurassic World. Maybe like Soarin' only with major upgrades, perhaps some dino AA's in addition to the screen.

Oh snap :lol: have you already seen some of Jurassic World's plot? Personally, I don't want the aquatic observatory idea that was thrown around... JP needs another adult-accessible ride!! :p

I know there will be a petting zoo, rollercoaster and a river adventure (reference?) looks like they are building this movie with the theme park in mind so we will definitely see that. It is described to be a resort of sorts too so possibly a Jurassic park hotel could be in the works along with a way WAY more updated discovery center that looks almost futuristic. This could definitely be another one of those movies like potter and avatar where you watch it and say to yourself "I want to go there" well hopefully we can :thumbs:

But overall I'd forget the idea of Jurassic park and look into Jurassic world. The movie coming out in 2015 with a built in theme park and resort in it

I don't really think JP needs another E-ticket. Kong is basically taking the place of another JP E-ticket. Trikes can only fit a D-ticket... maybe a carbon copy of Transformers, but I really wouldn't want that for JP.

No jeep tours or Helicoptours :lol: nowhere near enough room. A nice family coaster, a small AA petting zoo, and Omnimover are the most I would expect. Some upgrades to JPRA too.

not to mention IOA will have 9 E-tickets after Kong opens... aside from one in Seuss and one in LC, I don't really think the park needs anymore. C-tickets and D-tickets are what IOA needs.

- - - Updated - - -

I know there will be a petting zoo, rollercoaster and a river adventure (reference?) looks like they are building this movie with the theme park in mind so we will definitely see that. It is described to be a resort of sorts too so possibly a Jurassic park hotel could be in the works along with a way WAY more updated discovery center that looks almost futuristic. This could definitely be another one of those movies like potter and avatar where you watch it and say to yourself "I want to go there" well hopefully we can :thumbs:

But overall I'd forget the idea of Jurassic park and look into Jurassic world. The movie coming out in 2015 with a built in theme park and resort in it

Imagine if Hotel 5 was JW-themed... :lol: but I definitely think Universal is prepping for a JP expansion, just saving the ideas until the new film comes out next year. It definitely sounds cool!!

I think it's more likely we get the mine coaster (not an E-ticket), maybe some new effects and props for steetmosphere and JPRA gets a solid refurb. But not all at once. Most of the resources planned for the Jurassic Park expansion appear to be moved towards creating Kong.

I think it's more likely we get the mine coaster (not an E-ticket), maybe some new effects and props for steetmosphere and JPRA gets a solid refurb. But not all at once. Most of the resources planned for the Jurassic Park expansion appear to be moved towards creating Kong.

^this

maybe the Discovery Center dark ride if Jurassic World is a gigantic blockbuster ($750 million+ WW)

Trademarks don't necessarily mean anything.

Oh boy :p seriously, why wouldn't it mean something is coming to JP? Clearly they had plans to expand JP before Kong derailed it. The Trikes plot still needs to get filled. IOA doesn't have much expansion space. Grinch reboot doesn't come out until 2017 (I'd figure a ride would be timed with the movie).

Unless IOA isn't getting anything for 2016, a JP revamp seems pretty likely if the new film is well received. It's a pretty affordable conversion that would have family appeal (if the family coaster + dark ride plans are true) and ease the tension off Kong and the KidZone revamp.

Plus, Universal made trademarks for WonderSea Island and look at where that's going :thumbs:

It could just mean they want anything named Jurassic World trademarked for Universal parks only. It could just be a merchandising thing.

Also, am I in the minority that hates the idea of the island being re-branded into Jurassic World? Jurassic Park is a classic and timeless movie and the island should remain that. Just add the family coaster and some new features into the island and call it a day.

Actauly, the Hate thing of Jurassic park getting rebranded isn't a minority. Its pretty large when you consider some people. I'd be fine with it and just go on and enjoy it.

Actauly, the Hate thing of Jurassic park getting rebranded isn't a minority. Its pretty large when you consider some people. I'd be fine with it and just go on and enjoy it.

I just hear Jurassic Park turning into Jurassic World a lot and that just sounds like a horrible idea to me.

It could just mean they want anything named Jurassic World trademarked for Universal parks only. It could just be a merchandising thing.

Also, am I in the minority that hates the idea of the island being re-branded into Jurassic World? Jurassic Park is a classic and timeless movie and the island should remain that. Just add the family coaster and some new features into the island and call it a day.

I do understand your point, but we should probably wait until Jurassic World comes out before deciding if it's a terrible idea. The area could look amazing and have plenty of great attraction ideas... but JP does conjure up nostalgia, so I'd be sad if Discovery Center wasn't repossessed for a Mr. DNA dark ride like the one in the first movie.

Personally, the rebranding wouldn't stop my enjoyment of the area if they added something else adults can do :lol: personally, I just want to see JP get something. It already lost its Thunder Falls plot :p :kingkong: so as long as the Trikes plot is filled, JPRA gets revamped/upgraded while the Discovery Center is turned into an actual attraction (dark ride or full-fledged show - no reason for it to take up as much space as it does for just a few dated exhibits)

ScreamScape is claiming that trademarks have been filled for 'Jurassic World' for USO.

:happy: I'm so happy right now, might hate the idea of it now but when you see the rides in the movie I promise that all of you will eat your hats and wonder why they haven't built it yet. Such a brilliant move for universal and I seriously can't wait

I wonder, if they rebrand the park to JW, will they keep the River Adventure as JP and pretend it is a throwback tour within JW?

On another note, this is a Raptor from JW:

9q35r9v.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.