Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Would getting the rights again even be worth it at that point? Still doubting any GB rumors

No doubt in terms of pop culture zeitgeist, Ghostbusters > Halloween > American Werewolf. Alien and Predator fall somewhere below it as well. GB is pretty easily one of the five most iconic movies of the 80s--probably top 2 with Empire. Still not sure how to best use the IP, but no question its announcement would fire up both fanbois and the general public.

Maybe as a show? Or an interactive type of haunt, similar to what HoS did last year I think. I just don't see Ghostbusters as an actual house, but maybe as my previous suggestions. Fast & FEARious anyone? :shrug:

Has HHN ever done anything with the Universal Picture "Mama" before. I just saw it for the first time and think it could be brilliant as a house. It certainly creeped me out!

No doubt in terms of pop culture zeitgeist, Ghostbusters > Halloween > American Werewolf. Alien and Predator fall somewhere below it as well. GB is pretty easily one of the five most iconic movies of the 80s--probably top 2 with Empire. Still not sure how to best use the IP, but no question its announcement would fire up both fanbois and the general public.

I'd put BTTF above either of those two.

Nope, I definitely agree with you it would be awesome but meh it's past it's prime

Now c'mon, Halloween and Alien weren't past their prime. Dead baby, furious dead mother, two possessed living little girls and moths that bleed out of the walls.

I will only give you that the end was very poor, ridiculous even.

Mama hardly has the same long-term cultural impact of Alien or Halloween, though. Saying that, a haunted house of cult movie scenes would be great!

Now c'mon, Halloween and Alien weren't past their prime. Dead baby, furious dead mother, two possessed living little girls and moths that bleed out of the walls.

I will only give you that the end was very poor, ridiculous even.

Difference is that Mama would be a good promotional house ala Dracula Untold. If a Mama sequel comes out, I could see it. But at this stage in the game, it's forgotten about, unlike properties such as Alien and Halloween.

Difference is that Mama would be a good promotional house ala Dracula Untold. If a Mama sequel comes out, I could see it. But at this stage in the game, it's forgotten about, unlike properties such as Alien and Halloween.

Yeah, sorry all... I just got all creeped out and thought I would post. I probably have no sense of what it takes to make a great house as I have never attended.

:smiley: :look: :sneaky: :look:

You never attend anything teebin, go out to the parks sometime. You'd be surprised at how much more fun it is compared to watching it on a computer lol

Yeah, sorry all... I just got all creeped out and thought I would post. I probably have no sense of what it takes to make a great house as I have never attended.

:smiley: :look: :sneaky: :look:

Not to say it wouldn't make a great house! It very well may (haven't see the movie), however it doesn't really fit into the scope of things. Atleast not in my opinion.

Oh, I have attended UOR as much if not more than you Cole. I just don't do events. We all have our thing, right?
Mama, As Above, So Below, and Conjuring would make amazing house...they have just passed their moments

Cool thing about HHN is they can really throw anything in and people will go to it..

I received a survey yesterday asking my opinion on whether or not I thought a VIP night would be a good idea. You pay the RIP tour rate and it includes admission and a Q&A session with creative presumably at scheduled times like a show. They limit attendance only to the people who pay the higher admission meaning that you would not need Express passes for the night. I think that would be a cool idea, despite the price, and I think it would fit in well either at the beginning of the season, like opening weekend Sunday or on an off night like an early Wednesday night.

Mama, As Above, So Below, and Conjuring would make amazing house...they have just passed their moments

Cool thing about HHN is they can really throw anything in and people will go to it..

Isn't there another Conjuring in the works? They just did Anabelle too. I'd say it's a possibility.